PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think we're the only team With Class!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why anyone would waste time debating the issue of class with trolls.

As Patriots fans we have a unique perspective of this team b/c we closely watch this team. We see every game, every show of disrespect from the opposition, every show of disrespect from the media, every show of disrespect from opposing fans.

Opposing fans come here with a very limited view. They only see events highlighted by the national media or whenever their teams play the Patriots.

On field actions like celebrating or even Wilforks "eye poke" have nothing to do with class. Football is a game of emotion. Both sides talk junk and antagonize the other. The camera may catch one player in the act but rarely does it catch the "context" of that act.

The truth is that the Patriots are held to a higher standard. The media painted them as "the standard" for so long that every transgression goes under the microscope.

This idea of "class on the field" is ridiculous. This is a violent game. An emotional game. It's a game of intimidation. It's a MAN'S game. Winning requires toughness and the attitude that you won't back down to anyone. These things are not consistent with common ideas of class.

Where class comes into the picture is OFF THE FIELD. Respecting your opponent. Dealing with the press. The Patriots may be the only, or certainly the best at having class here. They never make excuses or place blame on outside sources, even when they have every right to do so.

They win with class and they lose with class. As a fan, they are EVERYTHING you could ever hope for. An intelligent, hard working, football loving group that plays with heart and passion.

I'm proud of this team and proud to be a Patriots fan.

Last edited:
What makes it ridiculous is that the patriots are the team everyone hates. If we won the super bowl do you think we would be up there saying how the other team's run is done, how they sent them to their funeral, or guaranteeing a win. What would the media say if we did that? The patriots are classless blah blah blah. The giants are doing it and they're just celebrating. To quote the ever insightful LT, "act like you've been there before" it would appear at though they don't think they'll be there again. When have we done anything that deserved being labeled disrespect that didn't entail us beating a team and them complaining? Spygate is a joke and Goodell has basically said so. Something along the lines of the patriots gained no edge was said, and that anyone who thought the pats were the only ones is stupid.

Karma is a b!tch, you're right. We'll see who's back next year.

The Patriots are the Eddie Hascals of the NFL. "Yes, Ma'am"... "No Ma'am"... "Thank you very much ma'am"... then Mrs. Cleaver turns her back:
and it's
"Hey Beaver... I wanna stick my man meat in your momma's oven"

---

That's the Patriots in a nutshell. Karma's a biitch when she's kickin' yer a_ss, eh?

Man meat? Look, keep your ridiculous ideology to yourself, and dont apply it to this football team. Dream up whatever you wish, but keep it to yourself. You dont win more games in the NFL over an 8 year span and 3 world titles, reach another AFCC game and a Superbowl and put together winning streaks of 18 and 21 by thinking like a knucklehead. Youre not a fan of this team, so I understand you may not get that.

Bad karma? That'd be another easy way to dis the Giants. Not necessary. When you lose, you lose. Its pretty simple. there's no need to make excuses like guys were hurt, or we had bad karma, etc, etc. No. You got outplayed. You shake the other guy's hand and pay him respect. That's how its done. That's how it works. We dont need to make excuses for anything we've done or anything this team has done. They still stand well above any team in the league right now in many areas of this fine game. Losing one game won't change that.

What makes it ridiculous is that the patriots are the team everyone hates. If we won the super bowl do you think we would be up there saying how the other team's run is done, how they sent them to their funeral, or guaranteeing a win. What would the media say if we did that? The patriots are classless blah blah blah. The giants are doing it and they're just celebrating. To quote the ever insightful LT, "act like you've been there before" it would appear at though they don't think they'll be there again. When have we done anything that deserved being labeled disrespect that didn't entail us beating a team and them complaining? Spygate is a joke and Goodell has basically said so. Something along the lines of the patriots gained no edge was said, and that anyone who thought the pats were the only ones is stupid.

Karma is a b!tch, you're right. We'll see who's back next year.
$750,000 + 1st rd pick?

Last edited:
Yeah in football it's kind of an oxymoron. But the point is that we're always getting stones thrown at us when all of the other teams are no better!
No team has Class, this is football not Golf, Smack is part of the game and has been for decades.

Where is it written that Fans decide what is proper ettiquette or behavior for Football players?

The problem isn't what the players say and the smack they talk, the problem is all the fans and media that judge them sitting behind the safety of there monitors or TV's and justifying it in the righteousness of ticket prices and player salaries.

While I think this class talk is BS, I'm sure some of the people in this vid are the people talking about how not classy our team is.

http://www.newsday.com/video/?slug=ny-giants-parade-videos

edit:I'm not sure if its going to the right video or not, but its supposed to be the giants fans cause chaos at parade one

Check out the video of Joe Gannascoli, he has 18-1 painted on his forehead. A lot of Giants fans were chanting 18-1 as well. As I said in another thread, this is more about the Patriots' loss than the Giants' win.

Last edited:
$750,000 + 1st rd pick?

A rule was broken, so a fine should be administered. Goodell clearly stated they gained no advantage and that they weren't alone. I'm not sure what else someone would need to hear from Roger "Stalin" Goodell. It's also funny that a politician is speaking on behalf of integrity, but that's a topic for another day.

No team has the class comparable to a fancy dinner party, but athletes who do musical numbers after making routine plays or run their mouth immercifully could do something to reduce that.

A rule was broken, so a fine should be administered. Goodell clearly stated they gained no advantage and that they weren't alone. I'm not sure what else someone would need to hear from Roger "Stalin" Goodell. It's also funny that a politician is speaking on behalf of integrity, but that's a topic for another day.

No team has the class comparable to a fancy dinner party, but athletes who do musical numbers after making routine plays or run their mouth immercifully could do something to reduce that.

All I was pointing out was how you said spygate was a joke and goodell said so. if goodell thinks it was a joke why did they fine $750,000 n a 1st?

All I was pointing out was how you said spygate was a joke and goodell said so. if goodell thinks it was a joke why did they fine $750,000 n a 1st?

Media scrutiny. It was a PR move and the league made an example of the Patriots with a hefty punishment to scare anyone else from getting themselves caught.

But they don't give the media interesting sound bites or answer stupid questions; so that overrides any class. I recall 01 rams players saying the better team didn't win. You won't ever hear that out of the Patriots.

What makes you think the Pats WERE the better team this year. They sure didn't look like it. Maybe they knew they didn't leave it out on the field.

talk about classless. being from indy i was curious so i went onto the indy forum to see the responses to the loss...PATHETIC!!!!!!! But you know what they got us. One post says in the last three years the colts have won one superbowl rings and the PATS have none. Hows that for grasping at straws?

Let's see, The Steelers in '01 said the better team lost today, the Titans in '03 said we weren't any good after they lost, and The Colts blamed it on the refs. In '04 the Colts blamed it on the weather and not having home field advantage. '06 Chargers proclaimed themselves classy and said because our players threw their trash talk back in their face our coach has no class. '07 Jags player says Brady's only average when he goes 26/28, Chargers' hartwick cries about Seymour and says he's dirty. '08 Patriots lose the super Bowl in a heart breaking defeat after missing 3-4 plays that would have iced it and not 1 player says anything but the Giants deserved it, all the while the Giants are talking smack even when accepting the trophy. Hey Giants if you want to see real class in victory, look at the '01 Pats, but I guess in NY you feel like your already beyond reproach!

That's funny, I dont think I've ever heard the terms class and Patriots in the same sentence. Dont give me the Colts dont have class. Just look at their front office and coaching staff. Along with their players, they are among the most respected individuals in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye