PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think that Mac is the last chance for Belichick.

"#1. I like Bill's drafting; I think he's at the very top of the league." - upstater1

Holy Mackerel, as my old aunts used to say when they were as beside themselves as they ever got (not very). I'd love to hear the rationale behind this little shocker. Such stats on this as I have seen are like 180-degrees out from this take. Tom E Curran laid out a number of - well - numbers the other day which were shockingly adverse to any embrace of Bill's GM skills. Maybe I can find them.

how anyone can look at this roster and say "what an amazing group of talent, bill has done a great job!" is beyond me.

its pure delusion. can people name any draft picks except maybe Gonzalez that should be on this team going forward? when was the last pro-bowl caliber player Bill drafted? 2010?

If Corky is the end of the line for BB he might as well start packing his bags.

A good QB fixes the whole mess. BOB cant make chicken salad from chicken 5hit.

this is pure delusion. even with a so called "good QB" the line is still garbage and filled with guys who don't belong in the NFL and the receivers are mediocre. Bill put together a horribly untalented offensive roster.

anyone with eyes can see this is not a one man fix. could it make it better? sure. but Lowe is not suddenly going to learn how to block. and parker/juju aren't suddenly turning into prime antonio brown/moss.

how anyone can ignore various media outlets or their own eyes. watching parker start jogging around dropping easy passes. or the OL folding instantly and think "we are just one QB away!" is beyond me.

no, we are at least 3-5 years of solid drafting/FA away to compete. the cupboard is that bare...

10/31 is the NFL trade deadline. Put Mac Jones up for trade and pray that some team will take him and give the Patriots something in return in the way of a draft pick.

In, May 2024, the Patriots would have to agree to an extension of Mac Jones probably at $30 M a season. Not worth the gamble he will improve.

Cut bait now if you can. Give him away for dog food if necessary.

10/31 the deadline, don't miss it.

this is pure delusion. even with a so called "good QB" the line is still garbage and filled with guys who don't belong in the NFL and the receivers are mediocre. Bill put together a horribly untalented offensive roster.
The horrible offensive roster begins and ends with the imposter playing QB right now.

Thats right, your boy Corky Mac. The 32nd ranked defense in the NFL does not fear this clown and his pop gun arm.
anyone with eyes can see this is not a one man fix.
Blind Mac Trolls like yourself are still out there running with the poor Mac has no weapons narrative.

Parkers drop in Vegas is a perfect example. Truly shocking that Corky actually threw a catchable ball to a guy in a Pats jersey in crunch time. So, you Mac defenders blame the whole loss on Parker. Nevermind the crappy QB play all day.
could it make it better? sure.
A legit QB would clean up plenty of issues.

Stroud for Houston has thrown 1 INT through 6 games.
but Lowe is not suddenly going to learn how to block. and parker/juju aren't suddenly turning into prime antonio brown/moss.
JuJu with Mahomes = 900 yard SB winner

JuJu with Corky = BUST
how anyone can ignore various media outlets or their own eyes.
How can Mac Trolls ignore commentary from more and more NFL affiliated people every day that Corky Jones is NOT the guy.

The Mac Trolls do not see anything amiss when Corky threw 3 total passes in the 21 Buffalo victory. You folks are clueless.
watching parker start jogging around dropping easy passes. or the OL folding instantly and think "we are just one QB away!" is beyond me.
Well thats because of your undying love for Corky.

He will always have a place in your heart. After you trashed Patricia last season youre on to BB and BOB.
no, we are at least 3-5 years of solid drafting/FA away to compete. the cupboard is that bare...
No, a real NFL caliber QB gets the Pats back on the post season road with a shot at winning one.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
how anyone can look at this roster and say "what an amazing group of talent, bill has done a great job!" is beyond me.

its pure delusion. can people name any draft picks except maybe Gonzalez that should be on this team going forward? when was the last pro-bowl caliber player Bill drafted? 2010?
You guys don't pay attention to what is going on outside of New England. You guys always draft after the fact. "Oh, we could've had him!" You don't look at the league wide hit rate.

Tom Curren can do all he wants with the bad drafts of the 2014-2018 era. Guess what? The year is 2023. Go back and look at those drafts and realize that for every team, 90% of those guys are out of the league. Not to mention there was a lack of picks back then for various reasons, trades, deflategate, etc. Now go back and look at the last several drafts. We had an entire article posted here where PFF showed the Patriots brought more talent in than all but 3 teams in the NFL. This was an analysis of all teams' drafting records. So, the people influenced by Fred and Toucher's hurt feelings can say what they want, but we have a team of entirely young players, many of whom show a good deal of ability, and this is a lot more than most teams have.

Jigsaw Bill: “Mac, for three years you have wrought suffering and disappointment to a fanbase who wanted you to succeed. Today is your chance to take responsibility for your freelancing and happy feet. I would like to play a game…”
I was thinking Bill is the victim and Mac is the contraption attached to his head lol

Some of you don’t want to hear this but you owe offensive coordinator, Matt Patricia, an apology.

Some of you don’t want to hear this but you owe offensive coordinator, Matt Patricia, an apology.
There is a video on YouTube of every 2022 Jones INT.

All but 1 had pressure on him and all he had to do was step up in the pocket which of course he didn't do.

Funny how you don't see anyone blaming BOB for all the pick sixes.

The impression I sort of get after hearing/reading about that situation is it may have worked out had he not let his arrogance get in the way of how he dealt with those guys on offense. It sounds like he may have turned a lot of players off with the "we'll deal with it if it comes up" responses, and I think he built some animosity that led to frustration, especially early on, and he never recovered. Getting guys to clean up the details then probably became more difficult after many of them (Jakobi Meyers, etc.) started tuning him out the more they struggled.

I think if he had maybe handled it better, maybe it could have worked out. But I still believe his biggest issue was adjusting to what was going on in-game, especially looking at their 1st & 3rd quarter stats compared to the 2nd & 4th last season. However, that's true for any first-year coordinator. You don't improve on that without anything other than experience.

10/31 is the NFL trade deadline. Put Mac Jones up for trade and pray that some team will take him and give the Patriots something in return in the way of a draft pick.

In, May 2024, the Patriots would have to agree to an extension of Mac Jones probably at $30 M a season. Not worth the gamble he will improve.

Cut bait now if you can. Give him away for dog food if necessary.

10/31 the deadline, don't miss it.
Dear God please help us.

I’d trade Mac Jones for 2011 Mark Sanchez right now and walk away feeling like I straight up robbed a mother ****er.

There is a video on YouTube of every 2022 Jones INT.

All but 1 had pressure on him and all he had to do was step up in the pocket which of course he didn't do.

Funny how you don't see anyone blaming BOB for all the pick sixes.

The horrible offensive roster begins and ends with the imposter playing QB right now.

Thats right, your boy Corky Mac. The 32nd ranked defense in the NFL does not fear this clown and his pop gun arm.

Blind Mac Trolls like yourself are still out there running with the poor Mac has no weapons narrative.

Parkers drop in Vegas is a perfect example. Truly shocking that Corky actually threw a catchable ball to a guy in a Pats jersey in crunch time. So, you Mac defenders blame the whole loss on Parker. Nevermind the crappy QB play all day.

A legit QB would clean up plenty of issues.

Stroud for Houston has thrown 1 INT through 6 games.

JuJu with Mahomes = 900 yard SB winner

JuJu with Corky = BUST

How can Mac Trolls ignore commentary from more and more NFL affiliated people every day that Corky Jones is NOT the guy.

The Mac Trolls do not see anything amiss when Corky threw 3 total passes in the 21 Buffalo victory. You folks are clueless.

Well thats because of your undying love for Corky.

He will always have a place in your heart. After you trashed Patricia last season youre on to BB and BOB.

No, a real NFL caliber QB gets the Pats back on the post season road with a shot at winning one.

How am I a Mac troll when I mentioned nothing about Mac Jones?

I don't understand this "all or nothing" mentality. When it comes down to the roster talent and Mac Jones.

2 things can be true. Mac can suck and the roster can suck. Somehow this has turned into some sort of purity contest where if you criticize any of Bills moves or the roster talent it means you love mac Jones.

News flash: it doesn't.

If you honestly believe this roster is a post season/Superbowl winning roster with a different QB. That is delusional.

No one can seriously look at this roster and say "they are a QB away from a Superbowl!" You have to be trolling right? This can't be a serious assessment of this roster?

You have to realize some people just really want to believe the problem isn't as big as it appears and want the conveniance of scapegoating one player and saying "if only we replaced this guy with something better, it will drastically improve the team and prove we are far closer than things look". It's called coping.

There's people that saw the ****show this team was going to be a mile away in the off season and people that wanted to believe a BOB would magically get everything right.

How am I a Mac troll when I mentioned nothing about Mac Jones?

I don't understand this "all or nothing" mentality. When it comes down to the roster talent and Mac Jones.

2 things can be true. Mac can suck and the roster can suck. Somehow this has turned into some sort of purity contest where if you criticize any of Bills moves or the roster talent it means you love mac Jones.

News flash: it doesn't.

If you honestly believe this roster is a post season/Superbowl winning roster with a different QB. That is delusional.

No one can seriously look at this roster and say "they are a QB away from a Superbowl!" You have to be trolling right? This can't be a serious assessment of this roster?
Agreed. An elite QB with this team would win week 1, and week 6, but ultimately the team would still have a clear ceiling as a 8-9 win team.

Still have gaping holes at o-line and WR. And you'd probably have to draft a TE and OLB since Henry and Judon will probably get out of here as soon as their contracts are up.

Agreed. An elite QB with this team would win week 1, and week 6, but ultimately the team would still have a clear ceiling as a 8-9 win team.

Still have gaping holes at o-line and WR. And you'd probably have to draft a TE and OLB since Henry and Judon will probably get out of here as soon as their contracts are up.

It’s incredible that Brady went 12-4 with an AFCCG appearance with the 2013 team. He would have had a hard on for Parker, JJSS, Bourne, and Henry when compared to the flaming pile of garbage he was throwing to.

It’s incredible that Brady went 12-4 with an AFCCG appearance with the 2013 team. He would have had a hard on for Parker, JJSS, Bourne, and Henry when compared to the flaming pile of garbage he was throwing to.

was that the year he had austin collie, kenbrell tompkins and aaron dobson? he did have edelman though.

Bill giving Brady those receivers was malpractice. the guy just doesn't value offense. until at least he wastes a full season then decides to invest somewhat in it.

was that the year he had austin collie, kenbrell tompkins and aaron dobson? he did have edelman though.

Bill giving Brady those receivers was malpractice. the guy just doesn't value offense. until at least he wastes a full season then decides to invest somewhat in it.
He had both Edelman and Gronk. While Dobson showed some promise (huge game against Pittsburgh), both he and Thompkins weren't enough. They had no shot without Gronk and Talib tapping out of the game early to go ice up.

He had both Edelman and Gronk. While Dobson showed some promise (huge game against Pittsburgh), both he and Thompkins weren't enough. They had no shot without Gronk and Talib tapping out of the game early to go ice up.
Oh yes this was the welker pick on Talib game where Bill was furious

Belichick must do all he can to support BOB and Mac over the next 3-4 years. That's plenty of time if it is clear that Mac is the plan. I suppose that he could still switch this year to Zappe or trade for someone next year, I just don't see it happening.

I can tell you right now if BB ties his coaching career to Mac's QB career he's gonna end up getting fired by Robert Kraft.

What he has to do is draft a new franchise QB and tell the owner he needs a couple of years to 'train up' the new QB.

Mac Jones was projected only to be a mid-tier QB at best during the draft process.

And now he's shown us his cards, he's barely even a game manager -- Throws too many interceptions, has zero composure in the pocket, terrible body language when he's beind in the game.

In other word's he 'ain't that guy' and he's never going to be 'that guy'.

BB used to get away with drafting/signing lesser offensive talent and stocking up on defense because Brady turned the crappy ingredients into a good offense with the sheer ability to elevate everyone around him. Mac ain't that type of talent.

BB needs a 'special talent' at QB to win or else he reverts back to a pumpkin, IE Cleveland Belichick.

He's now 80-93 without Tom Brady's services.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back