PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I really think Joey Porter may have brain damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not every player is going to spout inane non-response responses. For that, we should be thanking players like Porter and Favre. Instead, we insult them every time they actually tell the truth to the media.

This is sports, not global espionage.

I agree. The only players I do not like are the ones they cry after a loss. LT whinning is far worse then Porter thinking his team can win this weekend

If they took an eeg it would show up as flat as a piece of card board.

Sure....I think it's great that Porter says what is on his mind. It's entertainment after all. I think it's stupid to give the other team bulletin board fodder. Why unnecessarily motivate the other team?

Sure....I think it's great that Porter says what is on his mind. It's entertainment after all. I think it's stupid to give the other team bulletin board fodder. Why unnecessarily motivate the other team?
I'm surprised Tuna has put up with him this long. Porter isn't exactly a Parcells type of guy.

Porter should have chosen his words more carefully - specifically "it shouldn't be that hard." And being a veteran, with a bunch of microphones and tape recorders and cameras around him, he should have known every word would be scrutinized. However, he does have a point.

Here is the video of the original interview: Video from the Sun-Sentinel -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

The here is the column in the Globe that talks about how espn (surprise!) reported what Porter said: Porter: Cassel 'not a Tom Brady' - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

In the video, he is basically praising Brady, and makes an honest assesment that Cassel is not Brady. He didn't come across in a loud and arrogant manner. Yes, he did screw up by saying 'it shouldn't be as hard' but what he was referring to was that this offense doesn't go out and score 40 or 50 points like last year's offense - which is true. It wasn't a big deal till the four letter network took that one line and made a big deal of it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go take a shower because I feel so filthy after defending Joey Porter.

He's right that the Pats won't put up 40 or 50 points, but why is he even saying that? They're still going to lose, and I'm willing to bet that the Pats will still put up 25+ on them, and win by at least 2 TDs.

Porter is certainly providing some choice locker room material. Hopefully Cassel sees this as a challenge to his manhood and steps up bigtime.

I love hearing things like this as a fan, you know the pats are gonna come out swinging

The real question is, is it possible to damage a piece of yourself that you never actually possessed?

Porter just wanted to be the story in the media this week. Now he is. It doesn't make him brain damaged - it just makes him an attention whore no different that Chad Johnson, Curt Schilling, TO, Brett Favre, etc.

Last edited:
I mean, I agree with you....Of course he'd rather face Cassel, but why the hell would you actually say that to the press? To me, that is where the stupidity comes in..
I agree, Marv, and welcome to the board. It's nice to see another Wake County resident on here.

Heh,

Joey Porter = Drain Bamage

:singing:

Last edited:

To Joey Porter:
"Boy I think you might be mentally ******ed"

Joey Porter is just trying to distract people from his unjustifiable contract.

So he's as good as Brady? I know Porter is an idiot and he shouldn't make bulletin board material, but he's right.

the only portion he is right on is that Cassel is not TB or as good as him right now. The rest is garbage and you would know that if you read the whole article

LOL! The guy chastises the media for taking his quotes out of context on Cassel and the Patriots and then goes on to prove that they DIDN'T take his qoutes out of context in the first place. From the Sun-Sentinel:

Joey Porter won't back down on Matt Cassel comments -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Brain damage? Are you kidding? The guy is a genius.

Isn't he well known now for spending time in Las Vegas?

It's clear he's put a MAJOR bet down on the Patriots to cover the spread and just wants some extra insurance.

He can't fully throw the game himself so he just blurts out disrespectful comments that are to the Patriots what Spinach is to Popeye.

If Goodell was smart he'd take a look into Porter's bank account after this weekend and see if there isn't an influx of a few dozen million dollars.

I dont think its called brain damage what porter has. its called ***** for brains

Joey Porter is a washed up douchebag who hasn't done a damn thing since he left Pittsburgh other than run his mouth to take attention away from the fact that he hasn't done s**t on the field. He is the product of a well run **** Lebeau defense in Pittsburgh, and now isn't having the same success so he just runs his mouth.

Joey Porter is a modern day Man-About-Town. A man of no stress, no sweat. I love JP and embrace all that he is. Without his guidance, we'd all be in the pourhouse. I'm so lucky he doesnt make real decisions,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye