PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I know this thread will make alot of people pissed at me but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady is in Brazil with Gisele. What are the odds he makes it back Monday for the start of off season workouts? I know people will say Brady will be ready, he is a hard worker...ya, look how it worked out last year. Now he is coming off of a major surgery. He should be at every off season workout.
I just want Brady to be close to the player he was. Can he do that in Brazil?

Who knows what is better for Tom Brady?

[ ] Tom Brady
[ ] Team doctors
[ ] Strength & Conditioning coaches
[ ] Swheeler23

Pleae check all that apply.

Four days to get back.......isn't that like a gizillion miles???? OMG!!!!

Four days to get back.......isn't that like a gizillion miles???? OMG!!!!

Fortunately, there's a shuttle launch scheduled for Sunday....;)

I heard he has a bum knee and won't be ready for another few months.

Just something I heard. Don't get mad at me.

Did you hear that in the New York Post? Because if so it must be true. I heard the Jets were going to the superbowl after they beat (barely) the third string Patriots roster last October.

Last edited:
I belive he'll be the player he was. Thats why he got hitched, so he dont loose the girl. So he got the girl, now hes gonna go for a different trophy... a lombardi one, being is brazil is soacking up some sun and love as much as he can, like a soldier before going to battle. hahaha imo

Brady is in Brazil with Gisele. What are the odds he makes it back Monday for the start of off season workouts? I know people will say Brady will be ready, he is a hard worker...ya, look how it worked out last year. Now he is coming off of a major surgery. He should be at every off season workout.

Only pissed because in the last week there were two other threads asking the same question

I don't know where I would be without messageboards. They give me the opportunity to read things I would have never thought of in my lifetime.

C'mon man. Are you kidding?? So you are insinuating that Brady's injury last year was a result of poor conditioning??? Did you even see how the injury happened? 9 times out of ten that hit is going to result in knee damage considering the precarious situation he was in. Lame post...and that is coming from a rookie you schmuck!

I'm not comfortable with this response. Brady has taken dozens of hard hits to his knee over the years. In postgame interviews when the media would ask how he avoided injury, he would reply "I guess I am like Gumby". Then for the first time he does not commit to the offseason workouts. He does not play one down in the preseason. In the first quarter of the first game, the first hit on his knee puts "Gumby" out for the season. I am willing to accept the possibility that offseason wokouts can help any player prevent injury during the season, and I fully expect that Tom Brady will rededicate himself to the offseason workout program.

Give me a break. Being newly married, I understand his desire to have some privacy with his wife and enjoy the honeymoon. This ain't Madden, he is a PERSON first, football player second.

It's awesome how many of you will openly fantasize that they have a greater than average sex life. She could have a tilted uterus or some weird crap like that.

Honestly, put down the vaseline containers and GO OUTSIDE.

You are apparently embracing the social commentary implicit in The Watchmen image used for your new look. I fear the quiet of the offseason is psychologically taking you to dark places.:)

I heard he has a bum knee and won't be ready for another few months.

Just something I heard. Don't get mad at me.

Actually he has a bum's knee. It was a transplant from a S.F. wino. He's fine, but he keeps his equipment in a shopping cart and walks with a lisp.

I get amazed at how proprietary folks get about Tom Brady and at how much many seem to have invested emotionally in his behaving in a particular way.

It's ridiculous to question his hanging out in Brazil with his (Brazilian) wife. We can't. (And, BTW, Tom and Giselle are well into the Gulfstream Tax Bracket. He could have a late dinner tonite in Rio, fly nonstop to Providence or Logan and be in Foxboro before breakfast tomorrow.) It's also mind bending to think that we have a "right" for him to behave in a certain way. We don't.

I just take him at his word. He said he'll be ready for the opening of the season. How he gets there is his own darn business.

My bottom line towards TB is that he doesn't owe any of us or the Patriots anything. Four SB's, three rings, two SB MVP's and an NFL MVP in seven years. He's earned every penny of his total current contract even if he doesn't play another down, as far as I'm concerned. I won't blame him it all if he decides to take the money next time around and moves to the Coast, a lot closer to his family and Giselle's Brentwood pad.

What I hope is that he comes back gangbusters this Fall, picks up another Lombardi for Bob Kraft and finishes his career with a Flying Elvis on his helmet. But, if he doesn't. That's OK by me too. He's given more to this franchise and to me as a fan than I could ever have expected in my wildest dreams. How he manages the rest of his life is his own business.

Last edited:
I'm not comfortable with this response. Brady has taken dozens of hard hits to his knee over the years. In postgame interviews when the media would ask how he avoided injury, he would reply "I guess I am like Gumby". Then for the first time he does not commit to the offseason workouts. He does not play one down in the preseason. In the first quarter of the first game, the first hit on his knee puts "Gumby" out for the season. I am willing to accept the possibility that offseason wokouts can help any player prevent injury during the season, and I fully expect that Tom Brady will rededicate himself to the offseason workout program.

Knee ligament injuries do not typically occur because a player is out of shape. They are more a result of bad luck or circumstance. Not to say that it does not help to be in peak condition. However, I really don't think it is fair to say that Brady was out of shape at the start of the season last year. I mark this one up as pure bad luck.

No I am not saying Bradys injury was a because of poor conditioning. I am saying he just had major surgey and should be at all the off season workouts. Brady is my favorite player ever. I do not want to hear people *****ing at him when the season starts and he stuggles and others blame it on him not being at the workouts. I do not think it is true but he is setting himself and Gisele for alot of crap if he has a bad start.

Dude poor play doesn't always mean the guy isn't working his butt of during offseason workouts and during practice. Take Gutz for example I heard the guy stay's for a couple hours after practice and continues to work with coaches in anyway that will improve his game. However he still isn't good enough to make the team.

He better hop on the first available steam boat so he can be back by next month.

swheeler23, are you this panicky in real life? You've got to relax, lady.

Yeah because clearly his injury last season was due to the fact that he didn't participate in all of the offseason workouts. If he had been to a couple more workouts, he could have shrugged it off when Bernard Pollard divebombed his knee.

The fact that there are people who can state such irrational and ridiculous opinions without being ashamed of themselves legitimately bothers me. Epic fail.

Last edited:
oK, it's time to move this thread over to the practice squad fro futher comment.

Look I always respected that he still was at the first day of workouts even after becoming a superstar but come on. It is ridiculous to expect him to continue that for his entire career. He has got a family now and if he wants to spend his offseason with them who can blame him. As long as he makes it here when it is mandatory I don't care what he does. Why should he expected to show up when everyone else isn't made to show up. Calm down. He isn't a robot and has gotten older and has other priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes