PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Knew We not "Best Ever," go ahead hate me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I Knew We not "Best Ever", go ahead hate me

ok, i hate you.

people ***** because we win by 30pts and then they ***** because we win by 3pts. what the **** is it going to be, we won...that is the name of the game.

Why are people getting so emotional? Nobody said the 2007 Pats suck. Everyone says they are one of the best teams ever. However, why do people get so upset when people say they don't think this is the BEST team ever?

Why are people getting so emotional? Nobody said the 2007 Pats suck. Everyone says they are one of the best teams ever. However, why do people get so upset when people say they don't think this is the BEST team ever?

Probably because your argument doesn't make sense in the context of your own post. You talk about the teams you picked dominating in the playoffs as at least part of your justification, yet this team hasn't even gotten to the playoffs to dominate and you've made your evaluation.

FYI, to date, this team has been far more dominant in the regular season than the 1 loss Bears or the 1 loss 49ers. It's not even close. As for the other teams you mentioned, you can feel free to compare those scores on your own.

Last edited:

Probably because your argument doesn't make sense in the context of your own post. You talk about the teams you picked dominating in the playoffs, yet this team hasn't even gotten to the playoffs to dominate and you've made your evaluation.

FYI, to date, this team has been far more dominant in the regular season than the 1 loss Bears or the 1 loss 49ers. It's not even close. As for the other teams you mentioned, you can feel free to compare those scores on your own.

I'm comparing pure talent. Across the board, those teams I mentioned were superior. You can't compare scores of different era's. Did they have the 5 yard chuck rule back then? Did they have the 2 point conversion back then? Did they have instant replay back then? I mean, can you imagine how many games would have been different back then if they had instant replay or if teams down by 8 could still come back? Anyway, I'm talking about pure talent.

I'm comparing pure talent. Across the board, those teams I mentioned were superior. You can't compare scores of different era's. Did they have the 5 yard chuck rule back then? Did they have the 2 point conversion back then? Did they have instant replay back then? I mean, can you imagine how many games would have been different back then if they had instant replay or if teams down by 8 could still come back? Anyway, I'm talking about pure talent.

You've changed your argument, as usual.

so he can't compare scores from different eras because of the different roles, but you are allowed to compare talent from different eras, and also judge that the talent of those teams are better....

I just want to ask you....based on what?? what makes that talent better than the Pats?

Last edited:

i agree with you, that's all i'm saying, and my comments have been met with nothing but derision

i agree with you, that's all i'm saying, and my comments have been met with nothing but derision

Exactly. You can't say anything remotely negative or critical about the Pats on this board without being slammed, called names, and laughed at. It's comical, quite frankly.:D

The fallacy of the "you can't compare across eras" is that people always use this as a way to discredit the present team. Just look at the prior post:

Did they have the 5 yard chuck rule back then? Did they have the 2 point conversion back then? Did they have instant replay back then? I mean, can you imagine how many games would have been different back then if they had instant replay or if teams down by 8 could still come back? Anyway, I'm talking about pure talent.

Can you imagine just how good NE's defense would be if they didn't have the chuck rule to worry about? And how they might be able to play defense differently if an 8 point lead was a two score advantage?

NE has too much unfinished business for me to formulate too much of an opinion on this, but I just wanted to point out the error in logic that I see all the time.

The fallacy of the "you can't compare across eras" is that people always use this as a way to discredit the present team. Just look at the prior post:

Can you imagine just how good NE's defense would be if they didn't have the chuck rule to worry about? And how they might be able to play defense differently if an 8 point lead was a two score advantage?

NE has too much unfinished business for me to formulate too much of an opinion on this, but I just wanted to point out the error in logic that I see all the time.

when comparing teams across eras, i dont think you can use the "but that team from whenever ago was a lot smaller." you have to allow for athletes working out to get bigger and assume the big guys then = big guys now. also, if you just rely on the size argument then even the above average teams 10 to 20 years from now will be better than the pats today.

so he can't compare scores from different eras because of the different roles, but you are allowed to compare talent from different eras, and also judge that the talent of those teams are better....

I just want to ask you....based on what?? what makes that talent better than the Pats?

Based on what? My opinion, that's what. You are entitled to your opinion and so am I. If you feel the 2007 pats is the BEST ever, than that's your opinion. I respect that. Howver, I disagree, as I do NOT think this is the BEST team ever. You can't compare strictly stats and records, because the teams of years past did not go up against the opponents the Pats are playing this year. The rules have changed. There is a thing called INSTANT REPLAY now. You know what? If the TUCK RULE game was played in the 80's, the Pats would have lost in 2001 because the play was ruled a fumble on the field and there would have been no INSTANT REPLAY in the 70's and 80's. That's why you just can't look at stats and records to determine who the BEST really was. Anyway, I can compare talent. A QB is a QB. Steve Young in 94 was top notch. Tom Brady in 2007 is top notch. Ricky Watters was a STUD in 94. Maroney is a DUD. You see, I can compare talent. :D

why do people get so upset when people say they don't think this is the BEST team ever?

Because, because ...... (I'm all verklempt) ..... we are the people. We must be the best ever or we will just suck rocks forever in hell - I just know it.

The Pats are well on their way to quite possibly the greatest season ever. If they run it to 19-0, I'd say they might well make it a consensus.

But they don't merit consideration yet. If they go 18-1 with a loss in the Super Bowl, then they wouldn't be in the conversation. A lot of things can happen, so let's wait until they actually DO win the Super Bowl.

At the minute, it's all just projecting and their potential to become "the best ever".

Do me a favor will you tom cat. Before you hit the post button read what ya wrote and make sure it is legible and not ******ed. "I knew we not best ever" Say that in your head and see if you dont feel dumber just reading it.

First off, this was ONE game. The Eagles played them tough but the Pats had a horrible game. As far as the running game, they're still 7th in the NFL and they've made it a point to pass. The best ever argument can't really be made until the end of the season, but to say that they don't have the depth and the defense is old and tired is a silly statement. Last I checked, they did win and the defense had a couple of great stops when they needed to. I think if they didn't have solid depth, they lose that game last night.

"As far as the running game, they're still 7th in the NFL" Well this won't be true much longer if we employ a running game like last night. The OL can't block enough to spring the RB's......LoMo still not consistently hitting the holes and I truly feel like the Pats need to bring Dillon back if he has any tread left.......just in case we need another vet RB to pick up the tough yards when we need them.......WE could NOT RUN the clock out yesterday.....when is the last time you can recall a Pats team not being able to get that done?

Exactly. You can't say anything remotely negative or critical about the Pats on this board without being slammed, called names, and laughed at. It's comical, quite frankly.:D

Out of curiosity....what team are you a fan of? Jets? Raiders? thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes