PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I hate the NFL east

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The Gmen, have this wrapped up and can go 8-8 and be in.

I can see us getting back to the SB and please god NO!

Da Bears are falling apart so GO 49ers and PACKERS.

I know ...jumping the gun.

The Skins or Cowboys could still overtake the Giants. Especially the Skins because they only have 1 division loss, so if they win the next meeting with NYG which is in Washington they have a solid shot.

NFC East, by the way.

But disagree about the Giants--bring 'em on. Nothing I'd find more satisfying than beating Eli & Co. in the Super Bowl. Preferably by 50 (but any score would do.)

NFC East, by the way.

But disagree about the Giants--bring 'em on. Nothing I'd find more satisfying than beating Eli & Co. in the Super Bowl. Preferably by 50 (but any score would do.)

Yep, you gotta face your demons and when you beat them it makes it a much more satisfying accomplishment.

Yep, you gotta face your demons and when you beat them it makes it a much more satisfying accomplishment.

I hate to say I'm inclined to agree. When the forehead won, the only reason it really valiadated things was because he went through the Pats to do it. The Steelers, on the other hand, still haven't beat the Pats in the playoffs.

I just want to win again. We can get Revenge when we are trying for ring #5, as far as I am concerned. Everyone was screaming "bring on the Giants" last year, I'm all set with that. I hope they don't make the playoffs at all, Coughlin is BB's kryptonite.

Totally agree.

Remember the Red Sox finally winning, and having to go through the Yankees to do it, and the comeback it took. I think a lot of fans were more happy about that win than the World Series sweep.

But at this point, I'll take any win against anyone.

I don't personally see how the NYG won't make the playoffs. The Redskins and Cowboys aren't going to make too much noise, and are 5-6 as it stands anyway.

I also would love to see them NOT make it though.

A ton of things would have to fall in place perfectly to set up another NE/NYG matchup, and the odds of that happening aren't very good in my opinion, but if it happens there isn't anything we can do about it. I'll take my chances with Belichick facing a team for a 3rd straight time after losing.

Ummm...have you seen the AFC East?

The AFC East will have a division winner standing at anywhere between 11-5 and 13-3...not 8-8 or 9-7.

The AFC East will have a division winner standing at anywhere between 11-5 and 13-3...not 8-8 or 9-7.

The Giants could finish 12-4 with the other teams having below average records, just like the AFC East. What's your point?

The Giants could finish 12-4 with the other teams having below average records, just like the AFC East. What's your point?

The original premise of the OP was that the Giants would stumble through their division exactly as they did last year, and finish with a record barely over .500 again. That was why he "hated the NFC East."

If we want to be ready for the Gintz, what we need to do is practice denying points and yards ruthlessly when leading. Not ONE yard. Not ONE complete pass. All that "Remember the Titans" stuff... it's a different style, and it's a style we couldn't play with narrow leads against the Gintz two out of two times. Might want to practice with two extra D linemen on the field or something too. Pats play well with a big lead, when you can let them run the clock out on themselves... not so effective when the score is close and the other team gets hot and channels the Pats circa 2001-2004.

Of course, that's just the bleacher babble. BB will coach the game how he coaches the game, and same goes for practices... but there are two things that are obvious. In both those games, those Pats defenses played well most of the game, but melted away at the finish.

And, in both those games, the offense could not live up to its regular-season pedigree... much of that having to do with getting downfield despite a good pass rush.

We can argue about whether God just hated us because of a helmet-trap or a Gronk ankle fail, but it would be nice to set it up so that last flourish doesn't screw us.

Presence of a viable running game can only help, of course. But I'd love to see us have the confidence to use the equivalent of a 2-minute drill on defense for a whole game, as we did on offense against the donks.

Just gathering wool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore