PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I don't get why people think the Pats can offer Garoppolo money to sit & wait for Brady to retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember saying that but now that you mention it yes I would. For less than 90 minutes of good but not awesome meaningful experience - take it and run especially if it's a high second.

I prefer reality not fanboy fantasy and wishful thinking.

you mentioned it several times and the fact you don't recall it confirms you just blubber crap

U still mad bro? :)

about what?

I am perfectly happy with the status quo and the fact that they don't need to do anything.....how about you?

No....you have produced **** in the name of anything.....you have proved time and time and time again that your opinions are just as garbage laced as anyone elses

you're simply not an authority of any sorts but feel free to keep paraphrasing your garbage....it will still be garbage

there are more players who never play a meaningful down than there are next troy polamalus........make sense

Why don't you just provide a list of irrelevant things again to prove your argument. If the 16th pick in the draft is such a wasted pick, why aren't teams trading out of the mid first round every year for established players. I mean if a back up QB is worth more than the 16th overall pick, you certainly could get a #3 WR for that pick.

<SNIP>

no point in reading the rest........you are just as clueless as the next person

LOL! You are the one who listed the 16th overall picks for the last 20 years and try to argue that that pick has little value.

LOL! You are the one who listed the 16th overall picks for the last 20 years and try to argue that that pick has little value.

I perfectly well displayed the possibilities that can occur at the 16th pick.....you are just as likely to find the next Larry English as you are the next Troy Polamalu

Why don't you just provide a list of irrelevant things again to prove your argument. If the 16th pick in the draft is such a wasted pick, why aren't teams trading out of the mid first round every year for established players. I mean if a back up QB is worth more than the 16th overall pick, you certainly could get a #3 WR for that pick.

again.....you've produced jack ****...you have nothing, zero, nada

Jimmy's presence is making you itch and is illogical

You are really getting a little pathetic with this.

So if the Pats pass on trading Garoppolo for the 16th overall pick this year plus a few other high draft picks, he rides the bench next year and never plays a meaningful down, and leaves in 2018 in free agency; you are going to say that you are glad that they didn't trade him for the 16th overall pick plus?

Again, you can argue intelligently why you would keep Garoppolo over trading him in several ways. Arguing that having him on the roster as a back up in 2017 over taking the picks is not one of them.

FWIW, it's the 12th, not the 16th.

Still waiting on your next Troy polamalu

Dude! Get a clue. I was talking hypothetical of getting a quality of player of Troy Polumalu. And to say the Pats couldn't get one at 12 or 16, you are just kidding yourself.

You really need to bring a better game.

Dude! Get a clue. I was talking hypothetical of getting a quality of player of Troy Polumalu. And to say the Pats couldn't get one at 12 or 16, you are just kidding yourself.

You really need to bring a better game.

Why? Your hypothetical is pie in the sky nonsense .... a just as likely scenario is drafting a Larry English

I get a kick out of the assumption that this year's QB draft class is going to suck - as if it's a definitive fact that will be so.

I was wonderng why a thread with a very limited half life would still be going on for 8 pages, so I clicked on the last page and immediately knew why. Just don't feed the Trolls.

BTW- I just thought of a new reason why we should trade JG NOW (or in a month from now. ;) ). Can you imagine all the mediot speculation over the course of an otherwise great season. I can see the narratives now. "The tension between Brady and JG rises as snaps are divided in TC". "Brady's future in doubt as JG shines in preseason game. " Or my favorite, "Brady is just mediocre in Pats win, is it time for JG".

I just don't want to have to deal with that crap the entire season. The potential benefit of having him as a back up, might not be worth the aggravation or the possible distractions, even if none of it is true

Why? Your hypothetical is pie in the sky nonsense .... a just as likely scenario is drafting a Larry English

No it isn't. We are talking about Belichick drafting, not another team. You can go up and down the Pats' first round draft picks and the Pats rarely draft a dud in the first round. They have had a stellar record drafting in the first round especially in the first half of the first round.

I don't get how you don't realize you are making yourself look foolish in this thread. You do realize if Cleveland sends the Pats the 12th overall pick that Cleveland doesn't get to select the player for the Patriots?

No it isn't. We are talking about Belichick drafting, not another team. You can go up and down the Pats' first round draft picks and the Pats rarely draft a dud in the first round. They have had a stellar record drafting in the first round especially in the first half of the first round.

I don't get how you don't realize you are making yourself look foolish in this thread. You do realize if Cleveland sends the Pats the 12th overall pick that Cleveland doesn't get to select the player for the Patriots?

I made that point separately also......14 of 33 picks made by BB between #12 and the end of the 2nd round produced very little impact

yes....they did well at 6 and 10.....by like you clowns like to say, that's a ridiculously small sample set that means nothing

based on news stories, the #12 was offered and appears to have been declined, so at this point, your 'logic' has zero merit

I made that point separately also......14 of 33 picks made by BB between #12 and the end of the 2nd round produced very little impact

yes....they did well at 6 and 10.....by like you clowns like to say, that's a ridiculously small sample set that means nothing

based on news stories, the #12 was offered and appears to have been declined, so at this point, your 'logic' has zero merit

Well, there is really no difference in quality of talent available with the 12th pick and the 60th pick. So you exercise of analyzing picks made by Belichick from #12 and the end of the 2nd round was well worth the effort. :rolleyes:

Seriously, why do you want try to make ridiculous statements of fact to try to prove your point. If the Pats get the #12 pick, how they historically draft in the second round (a round that Belichick has had mixed results) is irrelevant to the conversation.

I do look forward to your analysis of the Patriots' seventh round pick to help bolster your point that getting the #12 pick is a total crap shoot and you are more likely to get a player who is out of the league in a year or two as a good player.

You mean that they don't get to make our pick for us and give us the next Trent Richardson?!?!?!??

Well, there is really no difference in quality of talent available with the 12th pick and the 60th pick. So you exercise of analyzing picks made by Belichick from #12 and the end of the 2nd round was well worth the effort. :rolleyes:

Seriously, why do you want try to make ridiculous statements of fact to try to prove your point. If the Pats get the #12 pick, how they historically draft in the second round (a round that Belichick has had mixed results) is irrelevant to the conversation.

I do look forward to your analysis of the Patriots' seventh round pick to help bolster your point that getting the #12 pick is a total crap shoot and you are more likely to get a player who is out of the league in a year or two as a good player.

well.....you may suggest they are ridiculous, but considering you've come up with total dogshit, don't be angry when I say so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back