PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I bet Brady is more excited today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Losing his favorite reciever to Seattle, and seeing what he had to work with yesterday... Here is to more weeks of the running game we seen yesterday....

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Losing his favorite reciever to Seattle, and seeing what he had to work with yesterday... Here is to more weeks of the running game we seen yesterday....

You're wasting everybody's time. Yeah, Gabriel and Jackson STUNK yesterday!

Ever hear of credibility, Sean?

Once Gabriel and Jackson play it will leave us all wondering Deion WHO????

Brady's smart enough to know his own performance wasn't up to the standard yesterday never mind what Branch is doing.

shmessy said:
You're wasting verybody's time. Yeah, Gabriel and Jackson STUNK yesterday!

gabriel and jackson will take time to get in sync with tom, they havent practiced with him the entire training camp...so i dont expect them to be good in the receiver position up until the mid season just my opinion

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Heck yeah..That running game isnt so bad man...

Sean Pa Patriot said:

It was one game and the WR corps was not at full strength. Get over it already. :rolleyes:

I do think this whole thing with Branch has affected Brady more than anyone else. He seemed so bummed yesterday after the game. But, I think the trade will help since if nothing else it will help him move on. Now there is no question that Deion is never coming back, so he'll have to pick someone else as his favorite. Hopefully he can get fired up about this new challenge.

shmessy said:
You're wasting verybody's time. Yeah, Gabriel and Jackson STUNK yesterday!

Number 1 I never said Gabreil and Jackson STUNK , yesterday, it would be kind of hard, since they DIDNT PLAY...

Number 2 .. I will reserve , judgement to see both Jackson and Gabreil in the lineup... But its a crapshoot, and if you dont admit that your more naive than I am..

Sean Pa Patriot: Number 1 I never said Gabreil and Jackson STUNK , yesterday, it would be kind of hard, since they DIDNT PLAY...
_______________-

Gee, really? Nawwww? Thanks for mentioning it in your "analysis".

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Number 1 I never said Gabreil and Jackson STUNK , yesterday, it would be kind of hard, since they DIDNT PLAY...

Number 2 .. I will reserve , judgement to see both Jackson and Gabreil in the lineup... But its a crapshoot, and if you dont admit that your more naive than I am..

Sean - you have been all over the Pats to give Branch what he wanted. Yes, it sux we lost him, but you never were able to tell me how we could pay him and then deal with all the other players in the last year of their contracts. Sure, it's easy for Seattle to swoop in and take him because he won't upset all of their players in that situation. I would love to see Seattle get screwed by their other recievers making far below Db MONEY NOW.

Tell me Sean, how do you feel the Patriots should have handled this in view of other players that have bee ndown that road already or are on that last year of contract situatoin now.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Brady threw two TDs yesterday. At that pace he'll have 32 TDs and 16 INTs. And that's without Gabriel or Jackson even playing.

I think Brady pretty much realized Branch wasn't going to becoming back, certainly not in the next ten weeks, so getting a first round pick for a guy who wasn't going to play might indeed make Tom happy. Especially if the first rounder is used for another WR who will be catching Tom's passes for 5 more years.

Tom will be excited when he destroys the Jets next week.

I bet Brady is not all that excited now. He is probably relieved there is finally resolution there

i think this week be his toughest for him...we can say what we want but just hearing him talk about branch ,seemed clear he wanted him to here...as the season moves on and depending on how it goes he will improve and hopefully someone else picks up the slack.

The whole purpose of Patriots football isn't to make Tom Brady happy. It's to win. The Patriots spent a decade trying to keep Drew happy, and look what happened. Long-term deals to Drew's underperforming buddies on the line and a fan base that shrieked when Richard Seymour was drafted over David Terrell.

Free-agency being what it is, these things are going to happen. If Deion Branch had been an 80-catch, 1200-yard receiver, a Torry Holt, they would have spent money for him. But he wasn't, so they didn't. They spent the last two years rebuilding the running game (Mankins, Kaczur, Maroney) and have a few future investments in the passing game pending (Jackson, Thomas, Gabriel). The timing leaves us short-handed through the air and run-heavy right now. It'll all equal out eventually. Remember a few years back, when we were loaded at wideout and Mike Cloud was the new answer on the ground? Well, we got through that period (remember going to Indy with a running game so bad that our starting tailback, Antowain Smith, was a healthy scratch?) and now we're in some thin days at wideout. Remember the Carolina Super Bowl, when our o-line was in shambles? We got through that okay and now look at the depth on the line.

You deal with these times. The good teams get by and the bad teams let it translate into losses. That's the difference between winning and losing in the salary cap era. Every team has depleted units somewhere. And any team that's loaded everywhere won't be for long. Can we please stop panicking about this?

Old Town Pats said:
I bet Brady is not all that excited now. He is probably relieved there is finally resolution there
I'm sure Brady is bitterly disappointed that it came to this but is relieved to have it over and ready to move on with the new guys. It was a black cloud hanging over everyone which has now been removed.

fgssand said:
Sean - you have been all over the Pats to give Branch what he wanted. Yes, it sux we lost him, but you never were able to tell me how we could pay him and then deal with all the other players in the last year of their contracts. Sure, it's easy for Seattle to swoop in and take him because he won't upset all of their players in that situation. I would love to see Seattle get screwed by their other recievers making far below Db MONEY NOW.

Tell me Sean, how do you feel the Patriots should have handled this in view of other players that have bee ndown that road already or are on that last year of contract situatoin now.

I think the Pats were caught off guard, it might of made a harder push for Givens, but then again they dont overpay... I just hope that it does not lead to , if we dont get what we want, we cand push and shove our way out of here...

Yeah, sure, Brady is probably disappointed, but my guess is he way too busy figuring out how to improve rather than crying in front a picture of Deion. He is not a stupid man, and if you really think that deep down Brady feels the only way he could improve his play is to bring back poor, enslaved Deion, then you must indeed think he is stupid. Stupid, unmotivated and looking to blame something else.

That's not the QB I know.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
I think the Pats were caught off guard, it might of made a harder push for Givens, but then again they dont overpay...

If i parse that right, it means we could have pushed harder for a Givens deal.
Agreed.
At that time, it came out that a pre-emptive offer ... below Tennessee's eventual one,
but obviously the right one ... could have signed him.

Learning from that failure to pre-empt ... next the f/o actually does make Branch
the correct offer ahead of time.
As we now know, he spurns it ... and comes out much richer and still playing for a Super Bowl club.
(Much richer, because of a big pay raise for 2006.)

Now we come to the GOOD NEWS.
Presumably, Piolichick will make bona fide pre-emptive offers to Koppen, Graham, Samuel.

And those worthy lads will see from the Branch saga
that this front office really does catch the market correctly ...
and that they should not expect to do materially better elsewhere.
Hence, they are more likely now to re-up
than before this all went down.

Brady is probably printing a t-shirt right now "I took less money, and all i got were my 2 top recievers gone, and all i got was this t-shirt.....and 15 million wasted in cap space."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft