PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I am surprised no one caught this Borges Gem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I surprised no one caught this Borges Gem

But now that I have seen people's true colors around here, things will be more..... interesting.

We have seen your true colors as well....purple and gold.

Yes, yes, we all know Bill has been a great coach but everyone (Bill included) makes mistakes sometimes. Bill is not infallible. And I never doubted that he thought he was doing what's best in the situation, I'm just saying they were wrong.

He may very well be wrong, but we don't have nearly enough information to actually determine that.

And yes, i made the comment about punching him in the nose because I was extremely angry when I heard about the trade. I felt as if our season and immediate future had just been flushed down the toilet by a bad decision. And you're talking to someone who has defending Bill on multiple occasions during the past couple of years when other fans thought he made a bad choice. The Colts game incident was one of the worst. And speaking of the Colts, this is no different than when their fans wanted Polian's head on a stick after he trashed their chance for a perfect season in the final game last year. They loved Polian before that happened but they were very angry about his decision.

Have some faith, this season relies on the defensive growth anyway. Not a single player defines a team, not even Brady (just check 2008).

Yes, yes, we all know Bill has been a great coach but everyone (Bill included) makes mistakes sometimes. Bill is not infallible. And I never doubted that he thought he was doing what's best in the situation, I'm just saying they were wrong. And yes, i made the comment about punching him in the nose because I was extremely angry when I heard about the trade. I felt as if our season and immediate future had just been flushed down the toilet by a bad decision. And you're talking to someone who has defending Bill on multiple occasions during the past couple of years when other fans thought he made a bad choice. The Colts game incident was one of the worst. And speaking of the Colts, this is no different than when their fans wanted Polian's head on a stick after he trashed their chance for a perfect season in the final game last year. They loved Polian before that happened but they were very angry about his decision.

you are in the minority regarding this decision.

getting rid of moss was a very smart move. this organization was going nowhere with the model that involved moss.

You don't appear to be able to think critically.

Listen to me: fans who follow a team closely tend to have more info regarding an issue that affects their team than other fans do. This ain't hard.

It's also not the point of this thread, and no matter how many people tell you what this thread was started for, you won't listen.

Oh bs. Your idea of having more info is believing every single "report" that comes out suggesting it was Randy's fault. :lol2: That isn't critical thinking. All of those reports have been DENIED and there is no evidence to back them up. You're just taking someone's word as gospel because it supports your opinion. And you think that means you know more than the average fan? Give me a break...

He may very well be wrong, but we don't have nearly enough information to actually determine that.

We will soon enough. If our offense sputters and we fail this year, you can bet i'll have plenty to say to the people who approved of the trade. ;)

you are in the minority regarding this decision.

getting rid of moss was a very smart move. this organization was going nowhere with the model that involved moss.

I'm only in the minority on this forum. Every poll shows that most people agree with my assessment of the Moss trade.

Oh bs. Your idea of having more info is believing every single "report" that comes out suggesting it was Randy's fault. :lol2: That isn't critical thinking. All of those reports have been DENIED and there is no evidence to back them up. You're just taking someone's word as gospel because it supports your opinion. And you think that means you know more than the average fan? Give me a break...

I give up.

I give gift certificates

I was talking about fans not media or former players. You won't find many fans who agree with you guys.

As fans, we get attached to the team and the players, but as much time as I devote to football, the guys in the FO spend 10 times more. They have access to all sorts of things I don't. They make mistakes, absolutely. But they're much smarter than I am. Then again, so are a lot of people.

I think we all have an idea of how things will go, but really, nobody knows, not you, not me, not BB, not Moss. We can predict and prognosticate, but the next few months will answer all of these questions one way or another.

Keeping this somewhat on-topic with Borges the hack as well as fan opinion, remember Brady vs. Bledsoe? Here's an article which highlights both the reactions from Borges as well as some fans:

“Brady would never have been sacked at all if his line didn’t stink and his receivers went where they’re supposed to,” Borges wrote a month later, venom and sarcasm dripping. “And his team would score on every possession if it would just listen to him. And who ever stepped up in the pocket better than Brady? It’s amazing his predecessor threw for more than 29,000 yards off his back foot all the time, isn’t it?”

Borges wasn’t alone. Bob Halloran, describing Brady as “incredibly average” and likening him to “a sneeze guard at the salad bar”, proved we should never trust his football acumen again. Halloran even admitted he couldn’t enjoy the team’s success so long as Bledsoe wasn’t the guy leading it. Sadly, many shared the sentiment.

When Belichick dropped the second shoe, trading Bledsoe within the division, fans were apoplectic. Many suggested trading Bledsoe would be the Patriots’ Babe Ruth moment. One fan started constructing a weekly chart detailing the time Brady’s passes stayed aloft in comparison to Bledsoe’s.

Borges predicted doom. “Yesterday, Belichick bet it all on No. 12 and told the croupier, ‘Spin the wheel,’” he wrote. “He bet his coaching future on a guy who’s started 17 NFL games. As bets go, that’s how Las Vegas was built, although sometimes the house loses even there.”

Borges is a hack. Plain and simple. As for the loss of Moss, I know that one hurts, but I feel like it was good for both sides. We'll definitely find out in the next few months though.

Last edited:

I'm only in the minority on this forum. Every poll shows that most people agree with my assessment of the Moss trade.

patriots fans in general have agreed with the move.

you are not a patriots fan. you are a randy moss fan

Borges is one of a few people on this planet whose premature death would not disappoint me.

I was simply pointing out that people on here seem to think they are so much smarter than everyone else. If you read the posts you'll see a lot of arrogance in their words. They look down on people with opposing opinions and constantly berate them. Just look at the ones directed toward myself and a couple other people in the threads. We dared to challenge the wisdom of Bill and Kraft in this situation and we were flamed because of it.

Nah. We just look down on you, because you're aggressively clueless.

Borges is one of a few people on this planet whose premature death would not disappoint me.
Sometimes, in fact most of the time, it looks like hes working on it to me.

Actually, judging by this forum, anyway, the level of anger is less than I had expected.

It's Borges. Being mad at him for hating Belichick is like being mad at a dog for not knowing how to talk. It's all that he's capable of.

I am sure Borges will be thrilled that a thread about him on this site now has five pages! :D

But shoot...four of those pages are Moss related. :eek:

Poor Borges...

Last edited:

Whether the reports are true or not, the team and their players are going to deny them no matter what. The Pats as an organization never admit publically to anything. The Patriots still won't admit Adalius Thomas was a problem. There is too much smoke for at least a few of the reports not to be true although many of them could be fabricated or exaggerated.

As for all the reports being Randy's fault, he does have a history of shooting his way out of town and at least one incident was in public where the average person could see this time around (there is no denying Moss did not sit at his table and interact with the fans at the charity and sat a table alone with his headphones on and then there was the 17 minute press conference after the Bengals game). It isn't out of the realm of possibilities that Randy shot his way out of town here.

But this is a discussion for another thread and not a thread on Borges' stupidity.

The thing that bothers me the most about the Borges quote is that it is blatantly untrue.
Belichick would still be a highly paid defensive coach in the NFL independent of the New England Patriots or even thrive as a NCAA head coach. Borges hasn't wrote an article since this story, I wonder if it was his parting shot at the Herald. In the age of Internet newspapers where publishers can track the clicks of readers to determine which of their writers get read or not, it's a wonder how Borges still has a job,

Total Douchebag ........ I'd love to help run him out of town.

The only time I've seen/read read any of his garbage in years (literally) was the recent replay of Felger calling him a fraud.

Yeah, we'll find out if the trade was smart or completely ******ed during the next couple of months. I'm assuming it will be the latter.

patriots fans in general have agreed with the move.

you are not a patriots fan. you are a randy moss fan

There are dozens of polls that show the opposite. Show me a single poll that shows patriots fans agree with the trade.

I'm surprised that it's taken this long to show Teenuh what her friend Ronny Borges has said about Moss over the years. Let's start out with this article in which Borges, upon learning that Moss is coming here, seemingly polls every single coach that had a negative opinion on Moss being a quitter...

Divided they stand - The Boston Globe

That was just the beginning. Let's move on. After that, there was the infamous Borges article in the Herald that has since been archived (funny thing, I don't think it was archived until AFTER Felger called him out) in which he openly stated that Moss fully mailed it in and quit during the Panthers game...

Randy Moss a no-show in win - BostonHerald.com

“Wednesday he showed up late for work; yesterday he never showed up at all.”

Art Shell coached Moss for one season in Oakland, and although he quit on the team that was paying him, Shell came away not disliking the player. Instead Shell simply says when asked about Moss, “Randy was a great player. He’s just easily daunted.”

The Patriots are not playing well at the moment, and they know it. They have problems in their locker room and on their defense, and they know it. They have a coach trying to maintain order in a room where some of his hired hands are not quite true believers in the “In Bill We Trust” school of thought.

Where Moss stands on all that is unknown because, after he did nothing on the field yesterday, he said nothing off it. He simply dressed in funeral black and walked through the locker room and out the door, declining offers to chat. It was the most elusive he was all day.

There didn’t appear to be much fight in Randy Moss this week, or really since Darrelle Revis of the Jets shut him down for the second time this season four games ago. His catches have gone down, down, down – down from five to three to two to one (with an asterisk for the fumble). Not even constant carping how opponents “play a safety over the top” can explain away his lethargic play of late.

That's the rest of the article, provided by "Can't Stop the Bleeding".

Can't Stop The Bleeding Ron Borges Has Turned His Attention To Randy Moss’ Lunch Money

Now let's fast forward to just this past week, shall we? Borges, after railing against Moss pretty much the entire time he was here, suddenly took Moss's side and found himself once again trashing Belichick when BB traded the player that was a big target for his venom over the last three seasons...

Randy Moss trade another blown call by Bill Belichick - BostonHerald.com

Notice how his tune changes from the last couple of articles quoted/posted to this one? When Moss was on the team, he couldn't find enough bad things to say about the guy. The minute Moss was traded, it's a horrible move.

----------------------------------------------------

You see, nobody is taking up sides against Borges because his opinion doesn't side with PatsFans on the Randy Moss trade. That's just flawed thinking and terrible logic. Borges has been talking out of both sides of his mouth for years. This latest quote, amidst everything that he's said in the past, was especially hilarious (for all of the wrong reasons). And, considering your stances on Moss in the last week or so, your rabid defense of him borders between hilarious and pathetic. Hilarious because you obviously had absolutely no clue of his attitude toward Moss when #81 was on the team. Pathetic because you think that it's the rest of us that has the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News