PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I am surprised no one caught this Borges Gem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter King put this on his MMQB:

Read more: Tampa Bay reaching 3-1, Brett Favre under investigation par for*season in 2010 - Peter King - SI.com

Maybe someone did catch it and I missed it, but I guess it speaks to how irrelevant Borges really is that not only did no one read his column to catch this quote or that he is so desperate for attention that he would write such a ridiculous quote.

Borges is right. Belichick hasn't done anything this stupid since he traded Lawyer Milloy away at the start of the season, and we all know how horribly that worked out.

All we've heard from Borges is how Randy wasnt double covered blah blah, now he's saying that the other guys will have trouble getting open because Moss was always double covered. So which is it Ronny, was he double covered or wasnt he?

Despite everything else you wrote, that underlined sentence says it all in my opinion. First, you want Moss to succeed more than you want the Pats to succeed. Second, you're more interested in having the events unfold so they will prove you were right than in having the events unfold that result in the team winning.

You're a Moss fan first and Pats fan second. That's okay, that's your prerogative. Accept it and move on.

You can repeat that a thousand times if you want but it won't make it true, much like repeating that we're better off without Moss.

A really good and very overlooked point.

BB said after the first Superbowl "Can you believe we won the SB with these guys?" Which means he obviously knew they didn't have the most talent. And they should have been completely overpowered by the far more talented Rams. However, he didn't GIVE UP on the season because of it and because they lost their franchise QB. ANd Tom Brady was good, but he wasn't TFB either.

If we were to win the SB now, in five or so years, everyone could be saying (while trashing our chances) "Well, we had Gronk and Hernandez and Tate then! Who do we have now!"

You're always nobody until you're somebody.

This thread is really off topic now...having said that...good post, right on the money. BB was a Tuna wannabe, Seymour was a unknown rookie, Vrabel was a castoff from Pittsburgh, and on and on.

The fun thing about the 2010 Patriots is they are not the bullies they were in 2007. They might be good, they might be great, they might be ok... We'll have to wait and see. In an effort to illicit groans; "that's why they play the games".

Peter King put this on his MMQB:

Read more: Tampa Bay reaching 3-1, Brett Favre under investigation par for*season in 2010 - Peter King - SI.com

Maybe someone did catch it and I missed it, but I guess it speaks to how irrelevant Borges really is that not only did no one read his column to catch this quote or that he is so desperate for attention that he would write such a ridiculous quote.

I mentioned that in one of my posts, but it's worth putting up here again. One of the best coaches in the history of sports a gym teacher. And Ron Borges, yes is the one that looks like a fool for saying it.

I have to disagree and this is why. At one time we didn't need any star WRs to do well but we also had other ways of making up for our lack of skill in that area, such as our superior defenses during the superbowl years. Right now we needed Moss because we have an average (and I'm being generous) defense, virtually no running game (until it proves to be consistent), and a passing game that has struggled in almost every game this season and that was WITH Moss on the field. That is why I'm deeply concerned about the immediate future. But we'll see what happens during the next few games. Maybe I'll be wrong and we will find a way to make it work.

That's the problem with being 12 in 2001...you don't know what we had when we won then and you're too immature to remotely appreciate that. Coming off a 5-11 season we had the 25th ranked defense in the league that season. We had a rookie DE Borges said would never amount to a hill of beans and a LT who would never be a starter, our LB were castoffs and scrap heap guys like Vrabel matched up with a former 3rd round conversion project and two oft injured former first rounders who had yet to live up to their draft hype. Both safeties on that team would be out of here before we won again. Our QB was a 6th rounder who struggled to start at Michigan and all the scouts graded as a career backup at best, his #1 WR was a former 8th round slot receiver and his #2 was an UDFA coffee bean loader. Our TE was a bowling ball from East Boston, and our RB was a journeyman. We were a .500 team ten weeks in after losing to the Greatest Show on Turf. Somehow we didn't lose another game for almost a year... Although in the end the following season the best we could muster was 9-7 and no playoff appearance.

I guarantee you there were lots of groupies like yourself who spent most of that season and the next couple rooting for Tom Brady to fall flat on his face to prove what a moron BB was. Maybe some of them were in that football family you grew up in that qualifies you now to claim you know more about football than a guy who had two SB as a DC and a game plan in the HOF before you were even born...

Last edited:
You can repeat that a thousand times if you want but it won't make it true, much like repeating that we're better off without Moss.

Quick question:

What if we can believe the reports about Randy wanting a trade, the confrontation with Brady, etc. We know for a fact he was feeling "unappreciated." Should we keep a guy who has a history of mailing it in when he's unhappy? Would we be better off then?

Edited to add: The Pats are averaging 122 yds/game and 4.3yds/play on the ground. 52 yards (against the Jets), 118, 119, and 200. How is that "virtually no running game?"

Last edited:
Good judgment, Mods!

So basically you are saying that just because someone else was worse, it makes any bad decisions made by the current management completely acceptable? And we should never question them because, you know, at least they aren't Rust or Sullivan, right? Am I interpreting that correctly?

No, I think he's saying you don't know sh!t from shinola. Which is accurate.

I was gonna say, I don't remember her using the word senile. Still being critical, doesn't mean someone is classless. She's not name-calling, or even worse wishing premature death on someone who simply writes an opinion they disagree with.
She keeps comparing Kraft to Al Davis, Al Davis is considered a senile old fool. So by comparing Kraft to Davis shes implying hes a senile old fool too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back