PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I am surprised no one caught this Borges Gem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I surprised no one caught this Borges Gem

This forum full of homers and Moss haters doesn't show reality. Go look at all of the polls regarding the trade. Go ask people on the street. You'll get a different impression really fast.

oh my aching head...

I thought this was about Borges? Did I miss the merge to the Randy Moss Superthread?

lol Not just some polls, EVERY SINGLE POLL from every major website says the same thing. The only place where people are actually defending the trade is this forum. :lol2:

1.) Non-scientific web polls from random websites are not convincing evidence. I'm surprised you'd even bother to cite them in the first place.

2.) As for your second point, that's simply not true.

I'm sorry, I choose not to suffer fools gladly.

Your posts over the past week have been absurd, whether it's insinuating the Kraft's are cheap, claiming the Patriots stabbed Moss in the back, or claiming you'd like to punch BB in the nose.

You're making irrational and emotive arguments, and obviously I'm not the only one who has picked up on it.

I guess you failed to comprehend that resorting to name-calling is the highest form of irrationality. ;)

I think that ship already sailed after i was called nearly every name imaginable during the past few days just because I was trying to discuss my view. Unlike most people around here, I didn't respond by calling people names (other than Homer) until today. But now that i understand what kind of people i'm dealing with, i no longer care.

I rest my case. Three days of stuff like this and you're talking to ME about making friends? Seriously?

Teenuh

The thread is about Wrong Borges calling our coach a gym teacher. If you turn it into a Moss discussion, a certain amount of confrontation is inevitable. Basic thread discipline.

Calm down, it's going to be alright.

Are you sure you want to add Teenuh to your ignore list?

YES

1.) Non-scientific web polls from random websites are not convincing evidence. I'm surprised you'd even bother to cite them in the first place.

2.) As for your second point, that's simply not true.

Not convincing? If it were a few polls I would agree but when every poll has the same result, it definitely makes a convincing argument. Are you suggesting that ALL of the polls are wrong and people on a single forum are right? That is irrational.

As for my second point, show me i'm wrong.

And how many non-Pats fans have all of the info, such as Moss requesting a trade after Week 1? Exhibit A: All of the misinformation surrounding Cameraplacementgate.

The average person doesn't know s*%t.

Mis-information from Foxboro? Say it isn't so. :rolleyes2:

Not convincing? If it were a few polls I would agree but when every poll has the same result, it definitely makes a convincing argument. Are you suggesting that ALL of the polls are wrong and people on a single forum are right? That is irrational.

Feel free the post the polls you find most convincing.

The polls are called non-scientific for a reason. And yeah, popular opinion has no bearing on whether or not the trade was a good move for the Patriots.

As for your second point, if you'd been paying attention, this should be self-evident. Whether it's the media, former Patriots, other messageboards, and so on, your claim that the only people who have defending the trade reside here is ludicrous on its face.

Last edited:

But the average forumer knows everything right? There is an example of that arrogance I mentioned.

No But BB knows more than any of us ever will (on football matters). And we all know (as Wes said), right or wrong, good or indifferent, BB always FEELS that he is doing the right thing for the TEAM (short term and long term). He has the team's best interests in mind and the most information/intelligence, so even if he makes the wrong move from time to time, we know he genuinely felt it was the best move. How can you want to punch him in the nose, EVEN if he "made a mistake".

Look I'm as big a Moss supporter as anyone, but I defer to BB on football matters because I understand he has vastly more knowledge and ability to make these decisions, along with a very proven track record.

People say things when they are angry that they wouldn't normally say. I don't think you fully understand the level of anger among patriots fans.

Borges is not angry about the trade, he just hates Belichick. The hate is based on nothing more than the fact that BB doesn't kiss the media's asses. And calling him a fan, that's ridiculous.

And for the record, I had no problem trading Randy Moss, I think the offense and the team as a whole will be better. I just wish they received better compensation.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents to the Borges comment. Whatever school got BB as a gym teacher would be the equivalent of getting Bill Gates in thier computer lab. Maybe George Will teaching English. OTH, what position would anyone want Borges teaching?

This thread is about the "Gem" from Borges, saying BB would be a gym teacher without the Patriots. Borges is not an emotional fan. Regardless if he has any points about the trade, this thread is not about them. It's about his continued hatred of Bill Belichick and his ridiculously foolish and childish attacks of the man at every chance he gets.
This.

There are two subjects in which Borges cannot be taken seriously, because he is so completely biased and he predictably lacks all objectivity whenever discussing those topics. The first is anything to do with Bill Belichick. The second is anything to do with player contracts or union versus owner matters. This column is about not just one but both of those matters, so without even reading it everyone in the world should know ahead of time what the slant will be.

This forum full of homers and Moss haters doesn't show reality. Go look at all of the polls regarding the trade. Go ask people on the street. You'll get a different impression really fast.

So a vote for trading Moss being a bad trade equals Belichick is nothing more than a gym teacher with better jewelry? As others pointed out, this is a thread about Borges' ridiculous comment about Belichick and not a referendum on the Moss trade. Two different issues. The only thing Moss has to do with this comment is that Borges made it in a column blasting Belichick for trading Moss, but the comment would be just as stupid if it was an article about Wes Welker or Tom Brady.

Online polls are almost always subjective and reactionary. I don't really care what they say because they are irrelevant. But going to the main point, I seriously doubt that anyone who voted that the Moss trade was bad thinks that if Belichick wasn't part of the Patriots he would be a gym coach with better jewelry.

But the average forumer knows everything right? There is an example of that arrogance I mentioned.

You don't appear to be able to think critically.

Listen to me: fans who follow a team closely tend to have more info regarding an issue that affects their team than other fans do. This ain't hard.

It's also not the point of this thread, and no matter how many people tell you what this thread was started for, you won't listen.

I was simply pointing out that people on here seem to think they are so much smarter than everyone else. If you read the posts you'll see a lot of arrogance in their words. They look down on people with opposing opinions and constantly berate them. Just look at the ones directed toward myself and a couple other people in the threads. We dared to challenge the wisdom of Bill and Kraft in this situation and we were flamed because of it.

I've challenged the wisdom of the trade and questioned how the Patriots management (from Kraft on down) handled this entire matter in several threads here and I've had very good discussions/arguments about it with people who disagree with me.

I suggest that you might want to consider that the problem might be in how you are going about things and how you are coming across to people. When you first started posting, you came across as someone with a different perspective and a little bit of an attitude, which I kind of liked. But now you're starting to come across as strident and as not thinking things through.

You don't want to get to the point where people just ignore what you say; there are plenty of them on this board.

And, a word of free advice: If you're going to let yourself be bothered by people whose attitude you don't like, then you're in for a lot of disappointment here and, dare I say, in life.

Deep breath time.

Borges is not angry about the trade, he just hates Belichick. The hate is based on nothing more than the fact that BB doesn't kiss the media's asses. And calling him a fan, that's ridiculous.

And for the record, I had no problem trading Randy Moss, I think the offense and the team as a whole will be better. I just wish they received better compensation.

It's a pretty funny situation too because his hate for BB is SO great that he puts his dislike of Moss on the backburner. He's already admitted to not liking Moss because, his words, Moss got his good buddy Art Shell fired. He slammed the Pats for getting Moss and slammed them for trading him.

You don't appear to be able to think critically.

Listen to me: fans who follow a team closely tend to have more info regarding an issue that affects their team than other fans do. This ain't hard.

It's also not the point of this thread, and no matter how many people tell you what this thread was started for, you won't listen.
She shops for information that supports her point of view and dismisses info that doesn't. So Im not sure its critical thinking. After reading what she had to say yesterday (doesn't care about winning) im not even sure what this is really about. If she doesn't care about winning why has she been beating this to death for almost a week now. Maybe its more about thinking Randys cute along with TB. Anyways i stand by my post about her now descending into trolldom. She comes on here and makes ridiculous inflamitory remarks that are no different than what a jest fan would, shes just smoother when it comes to the remark.

Last edited:

Feel free the post the polls you find most convincing.

The polls are called non-scientific for a reason. And yeah, popular opinion has no bearing on whether or not the trade was a good move for the Patriots.

Give me an hour or two. I'll search for them again when I get a chance.

As for your second point, if you'd been paying attention, this should be self-evident. Whether it's the media, former Patriots, other messageboards, and so on, your claim that the only people who have defending the trade reside here is ludicrous on its face.

I was talking about fans not media or former players. You won't find many fans who agree with you guys.

No But BB knows more than any of us ever will (on football matters). And we all know (as Wes said), right or wrong, good or indifferent, BB always FEELS that he is doing the right thing for the TEAM (short term and long term). He has the team's best interests in mind and the most information/intelligence, so even if he makes the wrong move from time to time, we know he genuinely felt it was the best move. How can you want to punch him in the nose, EVEN if he "made a mistake".

Look I'm as big a Moss supporter as anyone, but I defer to BB on football matters because I understand he has vastly more knowledge and ability to make these decisions, along with a very proven track record.

Yes, yes, we all know Bill has been a great coach but everyone (Bill included) makes mistakes sometimes. Bill is not infallible. And I never doubted that he thought he was doing what's best in the situation, I'm just saying they were wrong. And yes, i made the comment about punching him in the nose because I was extremely angry when I heard about the trade. I felt as if our season and immediate future had just been flushed down the toilet by a bad decision. And you're talking to someone who has defending Bill on multiple occasions during the past couple of years when other fans thought he made a bad choice. The Colts game incident was one of the worst. And speaking of the Colts, this is no different than when their fans wanted Polian's head on a stick after he trashed their chance for a perfect season in the final game last year. They loved Polian before that happened but they were very angry about his decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back