PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I am embarrassed by many of the posts on this board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we should have a new forum established called The Peanut Gallery, for people under 21 who have fewer than 100 posts.

Don't worry guys, I just recently joined and my mere presence is guaranteed to bring more awesome than this board has ever seen.

Do people really like SOSH so much? I can't stand the heavy-handedness over there. The place suffers from elitism and over-moderation.

atlpatsfan said:
Are you calling me a troll or the original poster?

Cause I don't know who uses this name on other boards but it isn't me. I don't post anywhere but here and that isn't even to often.

PatsRotorooter.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
Do people really like SOSH so much? I can't stand the heavy-handedness over there. The place suffers from elitism and over-moderation.

:yeahthat:

You want intelligent conversations to come back. Yet when someone provides an explanation for their argument all you do is make personal attacks. Real mature! :rolleyes:

bakes781 said:
You want intelligent conversations to come back. Yet when someone provides an explanation for their argument all you do is make personal attacks. Real mature! :rolleyes:

Are you referring to me? If you are, you had better have some evidence at the ready. I respond to reasonable posts in a reasonable manner; I respond to asinine, kneejerk, or lamebrained posts as they deserve (see this post, for example). If you'd like to contribute to the discussion, I suggest you learn the difference between "explanation" and "irrational, ill-conceived hysteria."

Got that? Good.

Last edited:
I'm referring to all of you. If you think bullying posters is "mature" & "intelligent" then I'd suggest you ask for a refund on that college education you wasted. The evidence of what I'm talking about is all over this thread. Just because someone's opinion might be in the minority doesn't justify the personal attacks. We can have intelligent debate without the name calling.

I see all over this board that Brady misses Branch, Brady is mad because he gave up money on his contract to keep other players. This is not my assertion, it's a common opinion among the "experts" that post here. All I said was if he is going to let personal issues affect his game, maybe riding pine would help his outlook. He makes millions to play football, not run the personal dept. Now I'm a teenager? A troll? Maybe you guys need to drop the star struck homer attitude and look at reality. Because someone has a different opinion doesn't make them a troll. I didn't say Brady needs to sit and we should trade for carson palmer because he's great!!! The lack of comprehension among you is amazing, particularly the "moderators" who do nothing more than eliminate opinions they don't agree with (give someone a little power). Give it 3 more weeks, if we are 2 and 4, will I still be a troll? You guys don't want to talk football, you want to talk fantasy. As of right now, The Pats have shown no sign of turning this around, Brady has not played like Brady. Am I making this up? Am I trolling you? Or do you just not want to face the truth? I guess I could be the rose colored glasses type, and say stuff like. Brady is a HOF QB with 3 Super Bowl rings, that should get us into the playoffs. He's not under performing, he's saving himself for the stretch run. I guess being surrounded by all this football wisdom, I expected different opinions and intelligent discussion, not juvenile personal attacks, but if that's all you can come up with...post away kids! I haven't heard one person come up with a different opinion, just name calling, wow, you guys sure know your football!!

Last edited:
bakes781 said:
I'm referring to all of you. If you think bullying posters is "mature" & "intelligent" then I'd suggest you ask for a refund on that college education you wasted. The evidence of what I'm talking about is all over this thread. Just because someone's opinion might be in the minority doesn't justify the personal attacks. We can have intelligent debate without the name calling.

Again, where is your evidence?

And fyi, there is *no way* to have an intelligent debate over whether or not Tom Brady should be benched. Would you have a debate over, say, whether the earth is flat or the sun rises in the east? On the contrary, this kind of delusional thinking deserves to be called out and trashed. The harebrained lunatics who actually believe this kind of crap should go to another forum or expect to be dismissed out of hand here.

Patsrooter said:
I see all over this board that Brady misses Branch, Brady is mad because he gave up money on his contract to keep other players. This is not my assertion, it's a common opinion among the "experts" that post here. All I said was if he is going to let personal issues affect his game, maybe riding pine would help his outlook. He makes millions to play football, not run the personal dept. Now I'm a teenager? A troll? Maybe you guys need to drop the star struck homer attitude and look at reality. Because someone has a different opinion doesn't make them a troll. I didn't say Brady needs to sit and we should trade for carson palmer because he's great!!! The lack of comprehension among you is amazing, particularly the "moderators" who do nothing more than eliminate opinions they don't agree with (give someone a little power). Give it 3 more weeks, if we are 2 and 4, will I still be a troll? You guys don't want to talk football, you want to talk fantasy. As of right now, The Pats have shown no sign of turning this around, Brady has not played like Brady. Am I making this up? Am I trolling you? Or do you just not want to face the truth? I guess I could be the rose colored glasses type, and say stuff like. Brady is a HOF QB with 3 Super Bowl rings, that should get us into the playoffs. He's not under performing, he's saving himself for the stretch run. I guess being surrounded by all this football wisdom, I expected different opinions and intelligent discussion, not juvenile personal attacks, but if that's all you can come up with...post away kids! I haven't heard one person come up with a different opinion, just name calling, wow, you guys sure know your football!!

Hey man, I really think the earth is flat. I just have new take on stuff. F*ck the evidence that we have until now that proves it's round. For example, when you look really really really far off into the horizon, the earth looks flat!!!!!!! Like it just drops off!!! Try it! See what I mean? Now I don't want you to dismiss me as some raving crazy person. Let's discuss this. You think the earth is round, I think it's flat. Why, oh why, can't we have a *reasonable* debate about this? Can't we agree to disagree? After all, all opinions are equally valid, right?

I also am convinced that a pound of rocks weighs more than a pound of feathers. Want to argue reasonably about that too?

Last edited:
Trot said:
Again, where is your evidence?

And fyi, there is *no way* to have an intelligent debate over whether or not Tom Brady should be benched. Would you have a debate over, say, whether the earth is flat or the sun rises in the east? On the contrary, this kind of delusional thinking deserves to be called out and trashed. The harebrained lunatics who actually believe this kind of crap should go to another forum or expect to be dismissed out of hand here.
Again, I said IF BRADYS PROBLEM IS ONE OF ATTITUDE, perhaps watching the first quarter of a game from the bench might help clarify his thinking...nothing more, if that's delusional, so be it. The whole attitude thing was someone else's excuse for Bradys play, not mine. That was just my reply. Call it out and trash it,wow, you'll be a hero one day. I'm not here to gain your approval for anything. And *fyi* Judgeing from your posts, I doubt if there's much you could have an intelligent debate over, you have to comprehend and consider the possibilities of the other person opinion, not just start ridiculing something you haven't taken the time to even consider.

*perhaps watching the first quarter of a game from the bench might help clarify his thinking...nothing more, if that's delusional, so be it.*

Good for you. This is real progress. Recognize the problem and accept it.

*Call it out and trash it,wow, you'll be a hero one day.*

I hope so.

*I'm not here to gain your approval for anything.*

What are you here for, exactly? To make yourself a laughingstock or to talk football? If it's the latter, try to post *after* thinking something through, not before...

* And *fyi* Judgeing from your posts, I doubt if there's much you could have an intelligent debate over, you have to comprehend and consider the possibilities of the other person opinion, not just start ridiculing something you haven't taken the time to even consider.*

Again, goofball, I don't waste my time arguing the merits of or even considering patently absurd or indefensible positions, because that's what crazy people do. Try to understand this and you'll be in a better position to judge my posts and comments. In the meantime, maybe you should look at the responses to this thread as an indication that maybe, just maybe, it's not only me who is fed up.

Last edited:
If you remember your history classes well you'd know that those who originally suggested the earth was round were laughed at as well. Further evidence that the minority view isn't necessarily the wrong one.

bakes781 said:
If you remember your history classes well you'd know that those who originally suggested the earth was round were laughed at as well. Further evidence that the minority view isn't necessarily the wrong one.

Yeah, you're right. Pythagoras and Patsrooter are clearly cut from the same cloth; come to think of it, maybe Patsrooter *is* Pythagoras, reincarnated. I will from now on refer to Patsrooter as Pythagoras in order to avoid confusion. To further avoid confusion, I suggest that Pythagoras use on of these pics for his avatar (whichever one most closely resembles the modern-day reincarnation:

http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/PictDisplay/Pythagoras.html

I think the medallion (fourth down on the right) is the best one, but who am I to decide?

Last edited:
Trot said:
Thanks man. I should think that .11 posts per day is enough outta me though...
Sigh, another God's cursed overachiever, you high speed, low drag types weary me! :D

Trot said:
*perhaps watching the first quarter of a game from the bench might help clarify his thinking...nothing more, if that's delusional, so be it.*

Good for you. This is real progress. Recognize the problem and accept it.

*Call it out and trash it,wow, you'll be a hero one day.*

I hope so.

*I'm not here to gain your approval for anything.*

What are you here for, exactly? To make yourself a laughingstock or to talk football? If it's the latter, try to post *after* thinking something through, not before...

* And *fyi* Judgeing from your posts, I doubt if there's much you could have an intelligent debate over, you have to comprehend and consider the possibilities of the other person opinion, not just start ridiculing something you haven't taken the time to even consider.*

Again, goofball, I don't waste my time arguing the merits of or even considering patently absurd or indefensible positions, because that's what crazy people do. Try to understand this and you'll be in a better position to judge my posts and comments. In the meantime, maybe you should look at the responses to this thread as an indication that maybe, just maybe, it's not only me who is fed up.
Nice...I'll bet you have 1 eyebrow, I can't help it if you are so narrow minded as to not EVEN consider other solutions to a problem. Let me put it this way, Since you are having a hard time with this concept, nothing makes an old girl friend look good like seeing her with someone else, comprendo amigo? Maybe watching someone else run his team MIGHT snap him out of his "attitude problem" if that's indeed what it is. My point is something needs to be done. We've played like turds that fell from a tall cows butt for 3 weeks, we were fortunate that we got 2 wins. We've got a team better than the one we just got spanked by coming this week, I guess you think doing nothing is the best course, I didn't call you names or get hostile, (which by the way is a sign of a lack of intelligence). I also don't think you're right, your opinion doesn't make you more of, or a better fan, just one that refuses to consider other opinions.

bakes781 said:
I wasn't trying to rock anybodies dreamboat, just throwing out a thought and the neanderthals went crazy, like shaking the monkey cage at the zoo.

Patsrooter said:
The lack of comprehension among you is amazing, particularly the "moderators" who do nothing more than eliminate opinions they don't agree with (give someone a little power).
Name once.
Patsrooter said:
Give it 3 more weeks, if we are 2 and 4, will I still be a troll?
Oh stop it. Your first thread ever on this forum started with :
Patsrooter said:
Should the Pats start to shop Brady before his trade value is completly wiped out by his sub standard play? He's obviously on the down side, if we are "re-building" anyway, wouldn't it be wise to start with his spot?
And you didn't expect posters to sniff you out right away??!?
:rofl:

Even PATSummerallofthe80s put up a better front when he started. :D

Patsrooter said:
Nice...I'll bet you have 1 eyebrow, I can't help it if you are so narrow minded as to not EVEN consider other solutions to a problem.

What does this mean, O Pythagoras?

*Let me put it this way, Since you are having a hard time with this concept, nothing makes an old girl friend look good like seeing her with someone else, comprendo amigo?*

See above.

*I guess you think doing nothing is the best course*

This is the first intelligent thing you've said. Yes, I think that with respect to Tom Brady, the best course of action is to do NOTHING, and let him work his way out of his funk. Benching a HOF QB after a few bad games is beyond stupid. Surely a thinker like Pythagoras can see this.

*I didn't call you names*

I calls em likes I sees 'em.

*or get hostile,*

Not hostile, just frustrated

*(which by the way is a sign of a lack of intelligence).*

You are obviously an expert in this area, so I'll just take your word for it.

Last edited:
I don't know what is sadder. The fact that you can't be mature enough to have a discussion without constantly slinging unprovoked insults. Or the fact that despite our drastic differences in social skills we're actually rooting for the same team here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back