PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I am embarrassed by many of the posts on this board

Status
Not open for further replies.
CrazyDave said:
"Teetering on the brink"?
The brink of what? 2-2?
You've been a Pats fan for years?
What did you say when we lost 31-0 on opening day a couple years ago?

Come on. Haven't you realized it yet? A single loss, particularly to the likes a putrid team like Denver, who NE has owned in recent years, is much more telling than any win could ever be. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if we all aren't tossing a little dirt on their grave after they fall to 2-3 at the hands of the mighty Dolphins. :eek:

NE never recovers from a loss like this past one. Never.

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
That's a pretty big bombshell to drop at the end of a long strange thread, Nut. :eek:

he does it every year and it's the same M.O.

Several players on the sideline and all are wondering if they are healthy or punished.

He always says the coaching s#cked for the game.

he always says we need improvements in all areas.

Brady always looks like WTF happened to the gameplan.

The defensive gameplan always looks fine except for 2 or 3 headscratcher schemes leading to scores.

It's not so much Belichick wants to lose...he just stacks the deck against his own players making winning near impossible...the following week after the tanked game the players come out flying and hitting everything in sight...like an entirely different team.

Now, one would expect that out of a team afetr a blowout but these tanked jobs are never blowouts...they are always games just out of reach...all the signs point to a coach sending a message...look back the past few years..there's one every single season with the exception of the winning streak...but when that ended he did the tank game 2-3 games later.

Oswlek said:
Come on. Haven't you realized it yet? A single loss, particularly to the likes a putrid team like Denver, who NE has owned in recent years, is much more telling than any win could ever be. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if we all aren't tossing a little dirt on their grave after they fall to 2-3 at the hands of the mighty Dolphins. :eek:

NE never recovers from a loss like this past one. Never.
Yeah, you're right.
Maybe we should sit Brady for a while. You know, teach him a lesson. That'll fix his attitude. LOL

Trot said:
This thread is not about the upcoming game, nor is it about the assessment of the rest of the games on the schedule. It is not even about Tom Brady or BB or Scott Pioli. It is about the lack of quality posts on the board and the correlating abundance of posts with zero substance and a boatload of b.s., that some posters throw against the wall, hoping something will stick. This genius jumped in here early on, trying to hijack the thread, and is continuing to try and do so, depite being lambasted for his behaviour by all but a few fellow posters. If you think there is "irony" in that, well, there's not much I can do about that except suggest that you buy a new dictionary.

Maybe you should start your own site where you can make all the rules. You obviously possess superior judgement, maybe you should just be God instead. :)

F.B.N. said:

Several players on the sideline and all are wondering if they are healthy or punished.

The defensive gameplan always looks fine except for 2 or 3 headscratcher schemes leading to scores.

It's not so much Belichick wants to lose...he just stacks the deck against his own players making winning near impossible...the following week after the tanked game the players come out flying and hitting everything in sight...like an entirely different team.

Now, one would expect that out of a team afetr a blowout but these tanked jobs are never blowouts...they are always games just out of reach...all the signs point to a coach sending a message...look back the past few years..there's one every single season with the exception of the winning streak...but when that ended he did the tank game 2-3 games later.

This is one more of the similarities to the Carolina-Pitt games last year that I should have put in the other thread.

In both games I got the distinct impression that BB eased up on the coaching. I don't know how else to explain it other than something like "if you aren't going to show me that you want this, than I don't want it."

I have never coached, so I don't know how realistic that point is, its just a feeling I got watching both games.

So if we don't entertain every ridiculous idea that appears on this board we are immature and close-minded?

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Maybe you should start your own site where you can make all the rules. You obviously possess superior judgement, maybe you should just be God instead. :)

What, and miss out on quality posts like this one? Never! On the one hand you are being sarcastic. On the other you have a smiley face. Are you being a jerk, are you friendly, or are you just confused? I can't figure it out.

Why don't you try again, and post something unrelated to me, maybe something related to the thread topic! Then I'll be able make a better decision. Thanks in advance.

Tunescribe said:
Maybe we should have a new forum established called The Peanut Gallery, for people under 21 who have fewer than 100 posts.

That hurts Tune.LOL, Im over 21, Though not by much. One of the reasons I am such a fan of this team is because we have struggled so much during our history since the AFL Merger. Through most of the 80s with Grogan at the helm. We got close,though always seemed so far.It stings to hear so many talking of the failure of Brady.About how he is done and washed up.Needed Branch and Givens.Thats all crap.It should stop.Brady is the real deal.He has never had to put the FULL load on his shoulders because he had recievers that were usually able to step up.Now,He is having to be THE man.I think he will take a few more weeks to get acclamated.But Point being,He will do it and be the Tommy we have all come to love.Back to the original Post.I know I have been a Pain in the ***** here at times.But the younger fans DO KNOW that this team is still red hot.It starts with the fine owner we have and trickles down.We are just immature and whiny,so at times,We need to vent as does everyone else.I enjoy the older posters we have.They share memories of times past that I was too young to witness,On the flip side.The Younger posters have made some damn great points.Im carrying on here.Enough for now.Take Care All...

Patsrooter said:
I got attacked and called names because I brought up a point of discussion.

You got attacked, not for bringing up a point of dicussion, but for bring up an incredibly foolish idea. A point of discussion has two sides to be argued. Your point does not. There is no one in their right mind that benches a starter with a career record of 60–20 because he played a few bad games. OR are you saying that those wins were just luck.

You let a HOF QB start games and work out his issues on the field. There is no debate in this. He isn't Mark Brunnel or Kerry Collins. There is no questioning his ability or is desire to win.

Next time you want to bring up a point to debate....try to make sure that both sides are based in reality.

Trot said:
What, and miss out on quality posts like this one? Never! On the one hand you are being sarcastic. On the other you have a smiley face. Are you being a jerk, are you friendly, or are you just confused? I can't figure it out.

Why don't you try again, and post something unrelated to me, maybe something related to the thread topic! Then I'll be able make a better decision. Thanks in advance.

This post here made me laugh. Laugh until I coughed actually. Thanks alot! :mad:

F.B.N. said:

Yikes, I hate to possibly pigeonhole myself as another a-hole new member but I find this so wrong I can't keep quiet. BB will NOT throw a game every year as a motivational tool. What did you see in the Denver game to tell you this? Did he tell the O-line to let Denver's front 7 2 yards into the backfield on almost every running play? Did he tell Asante to get caught looking into the backfield (keeping him from being far enough downfield) and Sanders whiff on a tackle on the long TD pass? Did he tell Brady to have a couple underthrows/overthrows, and Reche to run awful routes, one that should have been a Lynch interception? Sorry to jump on you for this but it was asinine in my opinion. BB may limit what he shows as far as game plan/packages against crappy teams, but he would NEVER throw a game in a league where every win is vital.

BUMP

So many wankers here, it's unreal.

It amazes me you guys can't see the forrest for the trees. Smoke is on the horizon, you just can't see it because your blinded by the past, we've got to nip this in the bud, nip it, nip it, nip it. The problem starts with everyones hero TB, if he's going to pout and not play, sit him down until he decides to get with the program!!!

you are a funny dude

Where did all the idiots and a-holes who have started posting here come from? I don't remember it ever being this bad. This used to be a great site, far better than most, the place a person could come for some good info (and occasional scrape, when necessary). But now, the majority of what I see here is utter CRAP: it reads like the uninformed, kneejerk reactions of dumdums and preteens. And it's giving us all a bad name. To wit: Bench Tom Brady. BB is an idiot. Pioli doesn't know what he's doing. The Patriots are done. And on and on and on. Don't get me wrong, I think criticism is legit., but many posts by members of this new doofus crew have had zero substance. This would be ok if these posters had at least *some* style, or flair, or insight or something funny to say, but most posts are just semi-illiterate raving.

Seriously, wtf is going on? Am I the only one who wants to see this board return to what it was?

Anyone?....Anyone?

Bueller?

*cough*

The idiots and a-holes are not as bad as the forum members who are

abusive and insulting.

The idiots and a-holes are not as bad as the forum members who are

abusive and insulting.

Speak for

yourself. coughaholecough

Last edited:
1. I thought Ian had controlled the registering

2. You're gonna get these stupid threads no matter what time of year. We just endured months of spygate. Even when the Pats are winning the game day thread is fellowship of the miserable.

This one really had me fooled. I went through 3 pages of posts before realizing this came from the groove yard of forgotten hits.:D

I was going to post "remember the off season of 2006 and how bad the board was then". Then I saw the post dates and this one wasn't even an offseason thread.:rofl:

wow, just wow...

the good old days, huh

Some of the people claiming to be Patriots fans in this thread are about as stupid as your typical Colts fan.

I guess we never did nip that growing "Brady problem" in the bud and launch the Matt Cassell era, did we?

:eek:

This one really had me fooled. I went through 3 pages of posts before realizing this came from the groove yard of forgotten hits.:D

I was going to post "remember the off season of 2006 and how bad the board was then". Then I saw the post dates and this one wasn't even an offseason thread.:rofl:

Maybe this thread should be stickied so the moron brigade will have something to consider before they start up afresh. I'm only half kidding...

Maybe this thread should be stickied so the moron brigade will have something to consider before they start up afresh. I'm only half kidding...

It won't stop them. Nothing stops them. But it is good to see a thread like this to put this off season in prospective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft