PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I am embarrassed by many of the posts on this board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trot said:
Where did all the idiots and a-holes who have started posting here come from? I don't remember it ever being this bad. This used to be a great site, far better than most, the place a person could come for some good info (and occasional scrape, when necessary). But now, the majority of what I see here is utter CRAP: it reads like the uninformed, kneejerk reactions of dumdums and preteens. And it's giving us all a bad name. To wit: Bench Tom Brady. BB is an idiot. Pioli doesn't know what he's doing. The Patriots are done. And on and on and on. Don't get me wrong, I think criticism is legit., but many posts by members of this new doofus crew have had zero substance. This would be ok if these posters had at least *some* style, or flair, or insight or something funny to say, but most posts are just semi-illiterate raving.

Seriously, wtf is going on? Am I the only one who wants to see this board return to what it was?

Anyone?....Anyone?

Bueller?

*cough*

Quite simply, it seems to be down to people who are spoiled by success. I can only think that they don't remember Rod Rust and Mc Pherson, or they supported the 49ers at the time.

Trot said:
Where did all the idiots and a-holes who have started posting here come from? I don't remember it ever being this bad. This used to be a great site, far better than most, the place a person could come for some good info (and occasional scrape, when necessary). But now, the majority of what I see here is utter CRAP: it reads like the uninformed, kneejerk reactions of dumdums and preteens. And it's giving us all a bad name. To wit: Bench Tom Brady. BB is an idiot. Pioli doesn't know what he's doing. The Patriots are done. And on and on and on. Don't get me wrong, I think criticism is legit., but many posts by members of this new doofus crew have had zero substance. This would be ok if these posters had at least *some* style, or flair, or insight or something funny to say, but most posts are just semi-illiterate raving.

Seriously, wtf is going on? Am I the only one who wants to see this board return to what it was?

Anyone?....Anyone?

Bueller?

*cough*
Brady's hurt...bench him. BB is an over rated coach. Pioli messed up the teams roster! Bring back Charlie and Romeo! (Well, actually I wouldn't mind if they came back, but that's for another day!)

I think that covers it for now.;)

Last edited:
Forgot the Kraft is cheap thread also.

What seems to have happenned here is that there has been a trememdous increase in the number of posters on this board, so much so that some of the posters are less than the original diehards who were posting here. Maybe it is youth, maybe they are pure RS fans who are used to loosing.. not sure what it is, but the nice thing about this is read what you want and disregard the rest.

Trot said:

Anyone?....Anyone?

Bueller?

*cough*

I agree 100%. This site used to have great discussions by intelligent football fans. Now its typical internet forum hyperbole. We need an invite only forum for real talk, like Sons of Sam Horn lol. Hmm maybe call it Friends of Freddie Coleman?? :rocker:

How bout Children of the Chung? The great g Eugene. And, a spin-off
of the movie.

Patsrooter said:
Still missing the point...I don't see a HOF QB playing for the Pats right now, haven't all year. If it's an attitude problem, what can be done to rectify it at this point? Give him more money? They need to find out how to make him happy quick, there are a lot of teams lineing up to kick our butts while we are down. Branch is gone, he's not coming back. Maybe it's a lack of talent at reciever, maybe it's the play calling, maybe it's the O line. If it is we're in trouble anyway, that would be a lot to overcome, don't you think? I hope it's something as simple as a QB that's not happy with decisions made by his bosses, guess he's the only one that ever had to deal with that.

I think the problem with some of these people (like Patsrooter) is that they mistake loving the Pats with loving (and understanding) football. That leads them to make absolutely foolish remarks like this.

If this guy had clue one about the game of football he would be kicking himself for these statements.

Be a Pats fan but at least see the big picture. 3 games does not a season make.

patsox23 said:
God bless Trot. You are not alone. And not all the newbies are bad. But most of the bad from the last, say, 8 months has been born of the newbie.

True, but some of it this week is by tried and true posters, which is the part that makes me scratch my head.

I'm pretty much a newbie, but just since I've started coming to this website I have seen a huge change.

It seems like a lot of the people don't understand football or the Patriots.

As fans it is easier for us to wear our emotions on our sleeves. We can look ahead and determine which games we will win by looking at the schedule before the season even starts. We can celebrate each victory all week until the next game, and we can be depressed all week after a loss. As fans, it's no problem. The players can't of course, win or lose, the game must be put behind them. The only opponent they care about is the next one. They don't have a fan's luxury.

Still much of the stuff I see is absolutley crazy!!! So many crazy things are posted on this board don't make any sense. I'm not saying the Pats are perfect or above criticsm, but please!!! Some of the stuff is laughable!

Still, there are enough good posters on this board and that makes it worth it for me. And if the stupid stuff gets to me, I just go to the cheerleader thread!! That always makes me feel good :D

You make some good points,Trot.

atlpatsfan said:
I think the problem with some of these people (like Patsrooter) is that they mistake loving the Pats with loving (and understanding) football. That leads them to make absolutely foolish remarks like this.

If this guy had clue one about the game of football he would be kicking himself for these statements.

Be a Pats fan but at least see the big picture. 3 games does not a season make.

I recognize this guy from another board. He is pure troll. Everything he says is a little comedy act to get a reaction.

He used to play the bring back Drew card every time Brady had an unsuccesful series.

It's hard for me to believe most of these new posters are for real, (I sure don't think they're all individual posters), but this one's definitely just an act.

I think we all ought to appreciate what Patsrooter has done for us. Instead of having to inconvenience ourselves by looking for examples of what Trot was talking about on some other thread, Patsrooter provided us with several examples, right here.

I think what we're seeing here is what happens when people of a basically adolescent mentality don't get the instant gratification they crave. It is information-free and insight-free whining.

I would be up for an analysis of what went wrong in the Denver game, although it's pretty apparent. Denver stopped our running game and we didn't stop theirs.

Stll, if that long pass to Reche Caldwell hadn't been tipped, and if Jake the Snake had been sacked, as he almost was, on that second long touchdown pass--both of which could very easily have happened--we'd be praising and celebrating instead of moaning and groaning.

If you're a Patriot fan because it gives your ego a chance to piggyback on their success, you're really not much of a fan. If you come here to whine and broadcast your dismay, you're not much of a poster.

I come here because there are many who know more about football than I do, and gleaning their knowledge increases my enjoyment of the game. I watch the Pats, and root for them, because I've kind of gotten to know the personnel over the years, and I know what they're thinking and feeling out on the field. I understand and admire the effort everyone is giving. They want to win even more than we want them to.

So, enough of the doom and gloom. Enough of the misplaced condemnations and the knowledge-free speculation. Let's recognize that only one team in recent NFL history has ever had a perfect season. Sometimes you don't play so well. Sometimes the other guy plays better. Next Sunday it could be exactly the opposite.

I've been saying this for a while now in terms of the lack of quality that has taken over this board. We now have to wade through alot of preteen angst just to find the good stuff.
Its too bad but the good stuff still keeps me here.

Rich

Trot said:

I agree, the whole Chicken Little attitude in the forums has been a big turn off.

I think it's indicative of how many bandwagoners the Pat's have picked up over the last 5 or 6 years. People calling for Matt Cassel to start are particularly telling.

Those of "us" who have been suffering since birth know what it's like to lose, and know that the long haul is what counts.

The Pats have some issues right now, but they'll get it together and I'd rather have them struggle now, then later. We've all seen teams peak early and fade out by the playoffs.

Yea i agree with you all. I think people of kinda forgetten that not every year will we go 14 and 2. This seems to be a year that the pats are gonna have to work for but so be it. The WR play has improved alot over the past 3 games. I can already see a Brady to Gabriel relationship starting. Sure we might struggle against the Bengals That doesnt end our season. The Bengals are a very good offense and would give anyone trouble. I dont know about you all but i am ready for a 16 game season and hopefully a postseason. Week 3 and 4 dont end my football season.

SaCaCh said:
I agree 100%. This site used to have great discussions by intelligent football fans. Now its typical internet forum hyperbole. We need an invite only forum for real talk, like Sons of Sam Horn lol. Hmm maybe call it Friends of Freddie Coleman?? :rocker:

Totally agree. It is not an ego thing or elitist thing, but there needs to be a way to control the drivel that is getting posted with greater frequency of late. SOSH is a good example, they are stingy with posting memberships, but the result is a much greater percentage of quality posts.

It also doesn't need to be exclusively Patriots fans either, and good fans of other teams such as Ryan the Colt Fan and Closing Time (for the most part) should be welcome. Aqua Velva boy is definitely the type we DON'T need here.

I was just about to mention SOSH as well. I love how they let the Lurkers post and see if they are legit fans or just trolls. And once the Mods see that they have substance to their posts they allow them to become members.

Mainefan said:
I think we all ought to appreciate what Patsrooter has done for us. Instead of having to inconvenience ourselves by looking for examples of what Trot was talking about on some other thread, Patsrooter provided us with several examples, right here.

I think what we're seeing here is what happens when people of a basically adolescent mentality don't get the instant gratification they crave. It is information-free and insight-free whining.

I would be up for an analysis of what went wrong in the Denver game, although it's pretty apparent. Denver stopped our running game and we didn't stop theirs.

Stll, if that long pass to Reche Caldwell hadn't been tipped, and if Jake the Snake had been sacked, as he almost was, on that second long touchdown pass--both of which could very easily have happened--we'd be praising and celebrating instead of moaning and groaning.

If you're a Patriot fan because it gives your ego a chance to piggyback on their success, you're really not much of a fan. If you come here to whine and broadcast your dismay, you're not much of a poster.

I come here because there are many who know more about football than I do, and gleaning their knowledge increases my enjoyment of the game. I watch the Pats, and root for them, because I've kind of gotten to know the personnel over the years, and I know what they're thinking and feeling out on the field. I understand and admire the effort everyone is giving. They want to win even more than we want them to.

So, enough of the doom and gloom. Enough of the misplaced condemnations and the knowledge-free speculation. Let's recognize that only one team in recent NFL history has ever had a perfect season. Sometimes you don't play so well. Sometimes the other guy plays better. Next Sunday it could be exactly the opposite.

Well said.

RayClay said:
I recognize this guy from another board. He is pure troll. Everything he says is a little comedy act to get a reaction.

He used to play the bring back Drew card every time Brady had an unsuccesful series.

It's hard for me to believe most of these new posters are for real, (I sure don't think they're all individual posters), but this one's definitely just an act.

Are you calling me a troll or the original poster?

Cause I don't know who uses this name on other boards but it isn't me. I don't post anywhere but here and that isn't even to often.

atlpatsfan said:
Are you calling me a troll or the original poster?

Cause I don't know who uses this name on other boards but it isn't me. I don't post anywhere but here and that isn't even to often.
I'm sure he was referring to the poster that you were talking about in your post... Patsrooter. Classic Tony Collins type troll (if you were around during the Tony Collins days).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes