PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I am embarrassed by many of the posts on this board

Status
Not open for further replies.
*I don't know what is sadder. The fact that you can't be mature enough to have a discussion without constantly slinging unprovoked insults.*

Anything to add that isn't a) mind-numbingly repetitive and B) patently untrue? If so, I'll be happy to respond.

*Or the fact that despite our drastic differences in social skills we're actually rooting for the same team here*

Nah, that isn't sad. *This* is sad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkXAiA_qyTU

Last edited:
Patsrooter said:
Still missing the point...I don't see a HOF QB playing for the Pats right now, haven't all year. If it's an attitude problem, what can be done to rectify it at this point? Give him more money? They need to find out how to make him happy quick, there are a lot of teams lineing up to kick our butts while we are down. Branch is gone, he's not coming back. Maybe it's a lack of talent at reciever, maybe it's the play calling, maybe it's the O line. If it is we're in trouble anyway, that would be a lot to overcome, don't you think? I hope it's something as simple as a QB that's not happy with decisions made by his bosses, guess he's the only one that ever had to deal with that.

Duuuuurrrrr...Tom Brady is a cemment head LOOSER! I can't believe ur saying that we shouldn't bench r 3-time SB champ and 2-time MVP! Some Pats fanz can't get past the smoke on the water. Brady is just a looser and so is BB and Peoli and all the other LOOSERS who r responsible for this disastrous 2-1 start. We're doomed. LOOSERS!

Who r u trying to kid. BENCH BRADY NOW

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
Even PATSummerallofthe80s put up a better front when he started. :D
Where's Norman Einstein when you need him?

So...I guess what you are trying to say is, No I don't think it's a good idea to sit Brady for a quarter. Maybe you should try that next time. As far as suggesting a trade, might sound outlandish, but think about it, it wouldn't be the first time a disgruntled player was traded while he still had value, it was a point of discussion, nothing more. If you didn't think so, that's fine, say, No I don't think that's a good idea. The point of these bulletin boards is discussion, doesn't make it reality.I'm not under the delusion the pats brain trust is monitoring this board trying to glean pearls of wisdom from them. I got attacked and called names because I brought up a point of discussion. I like the way you guys back track when your childish reactions are called out, then you try to pretend your Miss Manners.

It is fairly pointless to argue with posters such as patsrooter, since they are not really providing rational discussion points but simply mouthing off, barking, and mewling. Sure, their posts are written in English, and we could spend time rebuffing each and every one of the half-baked suggestions, but he and others would only ramble on in some other direction. It's exhausting, and is about as fruitful as stomping caterpillars. There are always plenty more.

Brady is being vilified here as needing to be shaken up, and there has been an endless spew of psycho-theories about his mental state. Anyone watching the game will admit that he looked off. But it was not his 31-55 320 yards 1 TD zero int performance that lost us the game against the Broncos.

I would suggest that far more odious was the lack of the running game, the failure to stop the run, the crappy pass rush, mediocre OLB play, and hideous breakdowns in the secondary.

Not to mention questionable special teams play by the FG unit for the second week in a row. Is there anyone who doesn't think that 3 more points heading into that final drive would have radically changed the feel and possibly the decisions of the final drive?

As for SOSH, although the attitude there can be heavy-handed and annoying, it is still refreshing to read a board with a better signal-to-noise ratio than we have been experiencing here lately.

Patsrooter said:
It amazes me you guys can't see the forrest for the trees. Smoke is on the horizon, you just can't see it because your blinded by the past, we've got to nip this in the bud, nip it, nip it, nip it. The problem starts with everyones hero TB, if he's going to pout and not play, sit him down until he decides to get with the program!!!

Point and case with this post....

Who the flunk says that and boast the name "PATSROOTER" ?

Haters be gone!

Holy Diver said:
Point and case with this post....

Who the flunk says that and boast the name "PATSROOTER" ?

Haters be gone!

Heh...you're right of course, he is not a Patriots fan. Classic troll type III, I think. Join right after a difficult loss, post frequently and obnoxiously within a 48 hour time span, and complain that people dislike alternative ideas and differing opinions. Classic shît-stirrer in disguise, is my guess.

I see a season teetering on the brink, keep on with the Bradys won 3 SB's, think that's gonna matter to the Bengals, or the Colts, or Chargers, or any of the teams not in our division? Last year was not an aberation, it was a fact, this year is more of the same. Keep the Homer glasses on, just be ready for Sunday, the teams in the rest of the league have not stood pat, they have progressed to a point where the Pats aren't even in the top 5 in the AFC anymore. This team has problems that Bradys MVP's and SB victories aren't going to help. I hope they pull off the upset Sunday, I just think you guys need to look at the Pats in the harsh light of day. This is an average team in the toughest conference in football. The level of play we are getting from QB on down won't cut it. The Boys need to suck it up!!! OK, you can start with the name calling now.

Patsrooter said:
I see a season teetering on the brink, keep on with the Bradys won 3 SB's, think that's gonna matter to the Bengals, or the Colts, or Chargers, or any of the teams not in our division? Last year was not an aberation, it was a fact, this year is more of the same. Keep the Homer glasses on, just be ready for Sunday, the teams in the rest of the league have not stood pat, they have progressed to a point where the Pats aren't even in the top 5 in the AFC anymore. This team has problems that Bradys MVP's and SB victories aren't going to help. I hope they pull off the upset Sunday, I just think you guys need to look at the Pats in the harsh light of day. This is an average team in the toughest conference in football. The level of play we are getting from QB on down won't cut it. The Boys need to suck it up!!! OK, you can start with the name calling now.

I agree with you 100%. This is starting to look like a re-run of last year and it is way too obvious. Now is the time for Management and Coaching to address the issues. Trade, pay or cut whatever needs to be done. Tom Brady will become an average QB very quickly if the issues aren't resolved.

Last edited:
Patsrooter said:

Why is this post on this thread? Are you blind as well as stupid, or what?

Trot said:
Why is this post on this thread? Are you blind as well as stupid, or what?

You may disagree with his assessment but why are you resorting to the name calling? How ironic since you started this topic on your high horse about how the non Kool Aid drinkers are immature and incapable of putting together cohesive thoughts.

I vehemently disagree with doing anything with Brady other than putting him out on the fleld, he is our best chance of winning- period. Having said that others have brought up valid points, the Pats cannot rest on their laurels. I think the front office has made some mistakes. True, they are still among the best in the business but are not infallible when it comes to making wrong business decisions (Starks, Biesel, etc).

I will say that this new salary cap philosophy sounds like a Harry Sinden got a job with the Pats.

I am not a doom and gloomer but it's painfully evident that there are some problems that need to be addressed in Foxboro. On any other team the fans would be content with such mediocrity but we all know that the Pats are capable of so much more, it is not disloyal or immature to point out the obvious.

Last edited:
Brick said:
You may disagree with his assessment but why are you resorting to the name calling? How ironic since you started this topic on your high horse about how the non Kool Aid drinkers are immature and incapable of putting together cohesive thoughts.

I'll try to make this as cohesive as possible for you.

This thread is not about the upcoming game, nor is it about the assessment of the rest of the games on the schedule. It is not even about Tom Brady or BB or Scott Pioli. It is about the lack of quality posts on the board and the correlating abundance of posts with zero substance and a boatload of b.s., that some posters throw against the wall, hoping something will stick. This genius jumped in here early on, trying to hijack the thread, and is continuing to try and do so, depite being lambasted for his behaviour by all but a few fellow posters. If you think there is "irony" in that, well, there's not much I can do about that except suggest that you buy a new dictionary.

Last edited:
Brick said:
You may disagree with his assessment but why are you resorting to the name calling?
Agree, I'm sure he's more intelligent than that, but it's easy to chalk it up to getting frustrated by playing with a troll too long. ;) Prolonged exposure is a drag.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Agree, I'm sure he's more intelligent than that, but it's easy to chalk it up to getting frustrated by playing with a troll too long. ;) Prolonged exposure is a drag.

See what happens when I post more than .11 times per day? :D

I love football and I love my Patriots. I loved them when they won only a few games a season and I love them today. I really could care less if they ever win another Super Bowl...and I really mean that.

If they win another Super Bowl or they make the playoffs I will enjoy the extra games and the extra attention for the team. It doesn't change my life either way.

There are many good players in the league and there are many good coaches in the league. What bothered me most from the naysayers this weekend was that we lost to Shanahan. I have almost as much respect for Shanahan as a coach than I do Belichick. Shanahan beat us as much as the players beat us. Why is it so bad to tip your hat to the coach and team and move on. Whomever expects 16 wins every year needs their head examined. Even the worst team can beat the best team on any given Sunday...so what!!!

My theory on this remains the same as always. My opinion is that the fans who love to trash talk to other fans are the same ones who post crap after a loss. it absolves their soul I guess for losing...like the team lost today...not me...i would have called different plays than those today, and we would have won..so go away with bothering me because we lost....for what it's worth...I think that's close to it.

The other half of the naysayers complain about the weather everyday, their job, their friends...these people just are not happy unless they complain...I ignore those that fall into this group.

Lastly...Belichick tanked this game. He tanks 1 game every year. The game he picks is always very obvious and i know he has a reason and that is good enough for me.

F.B.N. said:
Lastly...Belichick tanked this game. He tanks 1 game every year. The game he picks is always very obvious and i know he has a reason and that is good enough for me.
That's a pretty big bombshell to drop at the end of a long strange thread, Nut. :eek:

*My theory on this remains the same as always. My opinion is that the fans who love to trash talk to other fans are the same ones who post crap after a loss. it absolves their soul I guess for losing...like the team lost today...not me...i would have called different plays than those today, and we would have won..so go away with bothering me because we lost....for what it's worth...I think that's close to it.*

The other half of the naysayers complain about the weather everyday, their job, their friends...these people just are not happy unless they complain...I ignore those that fall into this group.*

Excellent post; normally I do ignore those people, but recently it has seemed that every other thread is being started by one of these types you mention, and those that aren't started are hijacked...nevertheless, you are bang-on in your analysis, imo.

*Lastly...Belichick tanked this game. He tanks 1 game every year. The game he picks is always very obvious and i know he has a reason and that is good enough for me.*

I agree with T-Shirt that this is a very odd thing to say.

Last edited:
bakes781 said:
If you remember your history classes well you'd know that those who originally suggested the earth was round were laughed at as well. Further evidence that the minority view isn't necessarily the wrong one.

Not to take this way off tangent, but the history books significantly exaggerate the amount of people that really believed the Earth is flat. Educated people back in the days of Columbus knew that the Earth is round, it was the poor, uneducated that held the wrong belief. All one needed to do is watch a ship sink slowly over the horizon to realize that there must be a gradual dropoff, AKA a curvature, and people did recognize this.

Sorry for the OT post.

Patsrooter said:
"Teetering on the brink"?
The brink of what? 2-2?
You've been a Pats fan for years?
What did you say when we lost 31-0 on opening day a couple years ago?

Attachments

• ********.jpg
    ********.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back