PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I am absolutely appalled at the announcing booth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, it was like listening to the Ravens feed on Sirius. To all those *****ing about the refs flagging Baltimore. Put the kool-aid down and WATCH the game again..................... The called less then 30% of thier calls. Moss was interferred EVERY time the ball was thrown in his direction.

Everyone roots against you. You're team gets every call. You're coach is a cheater who was caught. Harrison was caught taking HGH. You run up the scores for no reason and make other coaches look bad. Why would anyone like you?

Hey, How's the season going............... I see you've coming on over here. Can't say I blame you since your's is OVER already. :singing:

After the Ravens drove the field and scored a TD to open the 2nd half, I did something that I've never done before. I paused my Tivo, muted the TV, fired up my laptop and accessed the Patriots radio network on WBCN.com. Much better. I had the video and audio synced up and it was great.

The ESPN guys are terrible and they actually started rooting for the Ravens to win the game in the 2nd half. And then they had Don Shula in the booth. I didn't hear what he said but just the sight of him disgusted me.

I hate ESPN... with a passion.

This was one of the worst announced games in recent memory. I score the game and continually did not get the yardage, down and distance I need during the game. Tony Kornheiser is more annoying than anything else. And having Don Shula in there was incredibly unbalanced commentary, as obviously he is rooting against the Patriots.

Bring back Mike Patrick and Joe Theismann. They at least did a tolerable job, and Patrick is a first-rate play-by-play man.

Bob G

something has to be done...this format is unlistenable...even Rush Limbaugh would be an improvement

something has to be done...this format is unlistenable...even Rush Limbaugh would be an improvement
What's with the sarcastic tone? Rush Limbaugh is my hero.

I am sorry, but everyone complaining is completely wrong. Seriously.

OF COURSE the broadcasters get excited when it looks like a HUGE UPSET. This could have been David slaying Goliath. Americans in general root for the underdog, and I guarantee 90% of the viewers were rooting against us for that reason.

Why is that a problem? It is GREAT! It shows how dominant we are. It shows how good everyone KNOWS we are.

Except for the Patriots this has been a relatively unexciting season. (I wn't say boring, some would, but I don't believe the NFL can ever be truly boring.)

Our team is the STAR OF THE LEAGUE.
No, we're really not wrong, seriously.

TV Broadcasts are supposed to be impartial, if this was the Ravens radio broadcast I wouldn't be complaining, but this was Monday Night Football, or at least what little there is left of it.

I understand the whole "Relish the hate" thing, and that's all well and good, but the announcers calling the game on TV should not be biased. Ff everyone in the pregame and post game show wants to hate on us, if they want to launch in to a 15 minute tirade about how much we suck at halftime; if they want to play nothing but "Patriots suck, go Ravens" all week long leading up to the game, power to them. But on a TV broadcast the fans of each team should be able to expect impartiality from the announcers. We've got fans of one team saying the announcing was so biased they had to mute their television. How in any way could that be construed as a good thing? I'm not just talkin about the Pats here, imagine if every week the announcers for CBS and FOX and SNF and MNF were to choose sides and actively root for one team. You can bet your ***** that fans of the other team would be upset and wouldn't enjoy watching the game as much as they should. That's bad for them, bad for the teams, and bad for the NFL product as a whole.

As a result of this decable I'm going to either find a web radio station that will play the Patriots games or I'm going to order field pass.

The whole "This could be the night!" that started after the first series was brutal.

My TV was shut off because I forgot to pay the bill. I got by listening to Gil & Geno and following the thread on the board. Sounds like I saved myself some dispepsia. :D

As if the broadcast team isn't bad enough then you throw Shula in there for half the game. Unbelievable!

Seriously, it was like listening to the Ravens feed on Sirius. To all those *****ing about the refs flagging Baltimore. Put the kool-aid down and WATCH the game again..................... The called less then 30% of thier calls. Moss was interferred EVERY time the ball was thrown in his direction.

Hey, How's the season going............... I see you've coming on over here. Can't say I blame you since your's is OVER already. :singing:

it's because the pats are the big favorites now and it's human nature to cheer for the underdog (unless you're a pats fan.) i have no problem with that. what i do have issue w/ is kornheiser's constant blabbing that shows he has no clue what's happening on the field. talerico is a good play-by-play and i think jaws would be a good x's & o's color man, problem is they have to keep responding to kornheiser's nonsense

Even my wife, who rolls her eyes when I whine about the refs, noticed that the announcers were ecstatic when the Ravens were ahead. At the time, I just chalked it up to them being happy that their network would get ratings for a good game. But they were downright SULLEN after the Gaffney touchdown pass. She also noticed that the refs were not calling stuff and then was aghast when the Ravens players were whining about the officiating.

Again, this is a from a women who rolls her eyes at me whenever I start one of my tirades against announcers, the NFL, and/or the government.

"Is tonight the night?"

"Tonight's the night!"

Horrible! Just horrible...

Not only are their announcers horrible, but their production sucks overall. Lousy camera angles and poor use of replays. They also seem to cut to the main camera after the play has started or right when it starts, which is distracting at best. They are a pretty distant fourth among the four networks. Football is probably the easiest sport to televise, and somehow they mess it up.

Not only are their announcers horrible, but their production sucks overall. Lousy camera angles and poor use of replays. They also seem to cut to the main camera after the play has started or right when it starts, which is distracting at best. They are a pretty distant fourth among the four networks. Football is probably the easiest sport to televise, and somehow they mess it up.

I don't mind the commentators. They are mostly just comic relief anyways and I think it went over most people's heads that when they went off on hating the Patriots and Belichick, they were actually praising them. People hated the Niners and Cowboys too.

What I cannot stand is the horrible camera work on plays and the minimizing of the playing field in order to show us a closeup of some unrelated news. That is total garbage and needs to stop. Next they'll start putting commercials in during play.

I sent my opinion to ESPN.

Worst broadcast of a game I have EVER seen/heard.

I sent my opinion to ESPN.

Worst broadcast of a game I have EVER seen/heard.

No kidding! I'm usually able to tune out bad announcers but last night's Raven's ballwashing and general abysmal game-calling was impossible for me to ignore. I don't have TIVO so I can't synch up the TV and radio.

I've been able to tune out ESPN MNF broadcasts before but not last night. I knew it was going to be bad when in the opening segment where Kornholer (I think) was running down the reasons to hate BB and he makes mention of his headband that he wears...and add to that the completely erroneous mention of "cheating" (instead of violating a league rule) in front of a national audience. I thought these guys were supposed to be experts.

This is funny, on a Raven's forum, they are complaining about Kornholer as well. They wanted him to just talk about the game, not the streak, not the Dolphins, not the Bears, not Shula, etc....

So much of the color commentary had nothing to do with the game. It was driving everyone nuts

I have an idea for MNF...You have one play-by-play guy and then you get a sports reporter/personality from each team's city/state/area to do the color. That would be balanced and entertaining...

Ravens have the announcers, Pats have the refs. It all evens out.

:confused:

Are you talking about the refs that allowed Baltimore to hold Welker on virtually every play of the game, but finally called things correctly on NE's last drive? How were they in NE's favor again?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes