PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I am absolutely appalled at the announcing booth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone roots against you. You're team gets every call. You're coach is a cheater who was caught. Harrison was caught taking HGH. You run up the scores for no reason and make other coaches look bad. Why would anyone like you?

shut the F up.

Couple all these comments with the constant "undefeated season" talk. How many times did they either show a chart or film or make comments about the Patriots going undefeated? Of course I want the Pats to do it, but come on! It was getting way out of hand and nothing but a big distraction during last night's game.

We discussed this late last week when Jaws started "selling" the game with his Moss comments. Usually, Jaws wouldn't focus so much on an individual player unless he were playing on Monday night.

Kornholio said that he was selling this notion that the Pats were in for an upset early in the 1st quarter. Why? Economics. Several Monday night games this season lost most of the audience before the end of the 1st half. The broadcast team was determined to trump up this game to keep the viewers glued to their sets for as many commercials as they could. They dangled Shula for the 1st two quarters and had him in the booth in the 3rd quarter. Most of the fans of both teams involved found it disgusting, but those weren't the fans they cared about, as they knew the Pats and the Ravens fans would watch the game. They tried to appeal to those fans having no allegiance to either team to support the Ravens as an underdog on the verge of a major upset.

When the broadcast crew started selling this "historic garbage" at the beginning of the game, I was ready. Once Kornholio's desire for the Patriots to lose this game for historic purposes on the last ESPN Patriots' MNF broadcast of the season became palpable, I started playing Joe Bonamassa ( Blues Deluxe CD loud!!!) in place of the geeks on ESPN. At the beginning of the 3rd quarter when Shula came on to provide "unadulterated objectivity" through the eyes of an obsessed coach trying to will his importance into the game, I came to the conclusion that Bonamassa is one of the best guitarists I've ever heard (saw him live in Baltimore two weeks ago), and the Patriots were not going to lose this game.

As a result, I was more in tune with this game than any previously close game like the Eagles, Colts, or Dallas. Hey, cosmic shyte happens! But the best barometer was my son returning from attending the game with the observation that in the last 7:00 minutes, it appeared that the Ravens became scared and tight. He said it was visibly obvious, as they imploded with foolish penalties, missed assignments, and the inability to play for the full sixty minutes.

Guess they blew it in the face of a team perceived to be superior . . .

and that's all it took to give up the lead and the game.

Funny how that happens with the Patriots.

I can think of two things that are more appalling:

1) The fickleness of the spoiled fans on this site
2) Your team's run D

Think we just got burned by the inventor of scrabble....

Everyone roots against you. You're team gets every call. You're coach is a cheater who was caught. Harrison was caught taking HGH. You run up the scores for no reason and make other coaches look bad. Why would anyone like you?

A better question is: Why do you think we care whether we are "liked"?
My guess is that you root for some crappy team which has already been eliminated from playoff contention. With your next year's first round draft pick, assuming your incompetent FO hasn't traded it to the Pats already, do you want your team to draft a smashmouth football player, or someone everyone will like?

I saw an article a couple of weeks ago, and the headline read: "The Patriots are no longer lovable underdogs", and the story made it sound like that is a bad thing. Any football fan in America who wants his team to be a lovable underdog, raise your hand......

Ravens have the announcers, Pats have the refs. It all evens out.

No, the Colts have the Refs.

The Ravens did as much illegal defensive tactics as possible to slow down the Pats WR's. They should have been called for a few more penalties.

No, we're really not wrong, seriously.

TV Broadcasts are supposed to be impartial, if this was the Ravens radio broadcast I wouldn't be complaining, but this was Monday Night Football, or at least what little there is left of it.

I understand the whole "Relish the hate" thing, and that's all well and good, but the announcers calling the game on TV should not be biased. Ff everyone in the pregame and post game show wants to hate on us, if they want to launch in to a 15 minute tirade about how much we suck at halftime; if they want to play nothing but "Patriots suck, go Ravens" all week long leading up to the game, power to them. But on a TV broadcast the fans of each team should be able to expect impartiality from the announcers. We've got fans of one team saying the announcing was so biased they had to mute their television. How in any way could that be construed as a good thing? I'm not just talkin about the Pats here, imagine if every week the announcers for CBS and FOX and SNF and MNF were to choose sides and actively root for one team. You can bet your ***** that fans of the other team would be upset and wouldn't enjoy watching the game as much as they should. That's bad for them, bad for the teams, and bad for the NFL product as a whole.

As a result of this decable I'm going to either find a web radio station that will play the Patriots games or I'm going to order field pass.

As I said, probably 9 out of 10 viewers had no problem with the bias. Those who had a problem with the broadcast had one primarily with Kornheiser, the guests in the booth, and with the announcing accuracy/quality in general. I am less sensitive to that probably because I find most announcing teams on TV often do a bad job, I don't think ESPN is the worst by a longshot, and I find getting too critical of the announcers does lessen my enjoyment. (And that includes Gil and Geno.) So I decide I'd rather enjoy the games in general rather than making myself miserable about it.

This game was a great story, both before and during. And ESPN is not the only network which tends to gush about the team which is ahead, it is common for all announcers to talk about the team which is ahead or just made a good play as if they are all pro-bowlers. And then switch 180 degrees when things change in the game. And the Pats were behind most of the way.

Apparently I am the only one who doesn't care if the announcers aren't completely impartial. It didn't lessen my enjoyment if the game one bit.

Jaws is openly rooting for the ravens. I thought they were supposed to be partial?

The crew was going bonkers with Shula when Baltimore looked be winning and when the Pats came back it was as if someone had shot their dog. The mood turned from jovial to bitterness in an instant!

Jaws was the worse, first accusing Moss of taking plays off and then rooting for the Ravens last night. Dispicable!

Your coach is an ungreatful rat. Why would anybody like you?

Jaws is openly rooting for the ravens. I thought they were supposed to be partial?
???? You just said they were partial. Did you mean IMpartial? :p

I guess it hasn't filtered down to the NY,NJ swamp lands yet we Embrace the Hate it just proves how good we are,and how envious everyone is especially the low life RATS are.

But your BEAT DOWN is coming, only a matter of a couple of weeks now. Then they'll shut down the RATS site to outsiders like the weasles they are, so we can't hear the AGONY of the RATS..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back