PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I am a bit bummed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecore762

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I am a bit bummed after the last two weeks, we need some offensive players other than Gronk and Brady on this team.
I think Steven Jackson is not the answer at RB...I think we should get Joey Iosefa back, we need a bruiser.
I feel that our interior line is not doing a good job at all.
Our defense has been decent but secondary today has not bee playing well either.

I am not even going to turn on any sports network for the next week or so until playoffs start.
I know things will change greatly by getting Edelman back, but we really need all of our receivers to step up their game including Gronk.

I am not too worried about our defense, our D line is gonna be fine, we just need our #2 cb and McCourty to start playing better, this year they have been average at best.

That 3rd down and long scramble that got Miami a first down still has me laughing, was the final FU to Belichick and and his ridiculous gameplan. Ryan and Mccourty had bad games but I'm not worried about the defense to be honest, HT and jones will complete the front 7 and help out the secondary. The offense on the other hand is a joke, 11 and 76 will help but won't fix their issues.

There were something like 7 or 8 starters who were out today. We sucked. We won't suck this bad in the playoffs. I think we will get to AFCCG. If it is in Denver I am worried about us being tired in the 4th quarter due to their ****ty air. We also could be one and done as well. Brady needs to be ok as well obviously. Just injecting all those guys we missed today has to help some even if they are not 100%. Sucks we lost Jones from practice injury. Goes to show holding guys out from games not necessarily a magic bullet as the can go down in practice too.

That 3rd down and long scramble that got Miami a first down still has me laughing, was the final FU to Belichick and and his ridiculous gameplan. Ryan and Mccourty had bad games but I'm not worried about the defense to be honest, HT and jones will complete the front 7 and help out the secondary. The offense on the other hand is a joke, 11 and 76 will help but won't fix their issues.
Some question as to whether Jones will be back

Some question as to whether Jones will be back

Is there? Everything I heard suggested that holding him out was a precaution, and he would've played if it was the playoffs

Jackson > Iosefa and it's not even close.
Jackson was pretty good I thought even caught a pass for a nice gain. The game plan sucked though. We are not winning ****e if Jackson is the center piece of our offense. I think he did a nice job when called upon.

secondary is fine when everyone is out there.
only problem is leonard johnson. he's gotten molested the last two weeks. obviously the weak link.
tell him to stop dancing Bill

ive had a headache all day thanks to this loss. just wont go away..

secondary is fine when everyone is out there.
only problem is leonard johnson. he's gotten molested the last two weeks. obviously the weak link.
tell him to stop dancing Bill

ive had a headache all day thanks to this loss. just wont go away..

Hopefully Coleman is ready to go in a few weeks.

Hopefully Coleman is ready to go in a few weeks.

no more leonard. he's the obvious flaw.

annoying that garbage qb's like fitz/tannehill have moved the ball against us. if only tannehill played like that every weekend. the dolphins might actually be decent. instead, he only gives a **** once a year.

no more leonard. he's the obvious flaw.

annoying that garbage qb's like fitz/tannehill have moved the ball against us. if only tannehill played like that every weekend. the dolphins might actually be decent. instead, he only gives a **** once a year.

It's just this year man, frekin injuries have been absolutely ridiculous. I know it's football but it just isn't fair.

That is pure speculation from the writer. I haven't seen anywhere else about being seriously injured.
Yeah, he just said IF. Nothing to see there.

Long time reader, First time poster. Bunch of misc thoughts in this post so bear with me.

The last few weeks have obviously been tough for us Pats fans. Injuries have absolutely decimated this team and it appeared the coaching staff's game plans have been very conservative in an effort to prevent more injuries from happening. Amendola and Gronk saw very limited roles today, obviously Edelman was out, and we were missing many key players on both sides of the ball this week. I still feel very positive about this team. I think Jackson is a great pickup at the RB position and he and White will play big roles come the playoffs. Come our first playoff game I truly believe this team will be a force to be reckoned with.

Thinking back to the Denver game, we were missing Edelman, Amendola, Flowers, Collins, Coleman, Williams, and Richards, as well as having Gronkowski and Hightower and Slater get dinged up during the game. All of these injuries and it still took Denver a botched punt and overtime to beat us. All these players play big roles on this team.

The O-Line has 2 weeks to straghten things out.
The Defense will pull itself back together.
The offense will get it's major weapons back (sans Lewis) and be dangerous.
Plus the Forehead is back in Denver!
FWIW, I still think New England is the team to beat in the Playoffs.
I've got a positive outlook for this team
Go Pats

I hear ya man. We are the number 2 seed, just went 12-4 on the year, and have a first round bye. Yet it feels like we are a six seed who just squeezed in at the last minute after a subpar 9-7 year or something. We are limping into the playoffs and with this o-line, it'll be tough. But I'm just going to take a step back and realize that, again, we just finished 12-4 and are the second seed with a 1st round bye and anything can happen.

Yes, teams like Pitt, KC, Seattle, and GB are getting more freaking respect and are "feared", but come on. We are the patriots. We are getting players back and will be opening up our playbook after two weeks rest and with the media pressure somewhat off and who knows, maybe even playing the role of underdog. Let's do this.

I just hope this isn't like 2008 or 2009. Feels kind of like 2008...

I hear ya man. We are the number 2 seed, just went 12-4 on the year, and have a first round bye. Yet it feels like we are a six seed who just squeezed in at the last minute after a subpar 9-7 year or something. We are limping into the playoffs and with this o-line, it'll be tough. But I'm just going to take a step back and realize that, again, we just finished 12-4 and are the second seed with a 1st round bye and anything can happen.

Yes, teams like Pitt, KC, Seattle, and GB are getting more freaking respect and are "feared", but come on. We are the patriots. We are getting players back and will be opening up our playbook after two weeks rest and with the media pressure somewhat off and who knows, maybe even playing the role of underdog. Let's do this.

I just hope this isn't like 2008 or 2009. Feels kind of like 2008...
You took the words out of my mouth. We obviously didn't end the season on a high note, but some people need to step back from the ledge. Losing does suck, especially the way the Pats have lost these games over the past month and a half. But with the players we have coming back from injury, there's a lot of potential in this team. 2 weeks to get the ducks in a row.

I went to the Philly game with Tunes. Expected an easy time of it. Witnessed a horrifying meltdown of epic proportions. We stayed past the end of the game watching the Rats on the big screen. That game sucked. All in all, pretty damn good day in the life of Joe Kerr.You see, I'm a fan of the Patriots. Have been since they were born. Some times you get the bull, some times you get the horns...that's LIFE. If I didn't have this attitude, I wouldn't be going to the next game two weeks from now. I don't give a shyt who the opponent is,I'll be there doing that peculiar little thing I refer to as "being a goddamned Patriot fan".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back