PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypothetical – would you trade Garoppolo to the Broncos?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you trade Jimmy Garoppolo to the Broncos?

• Yes

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 59 78.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
please dont let me start the Save JG from illegal contact thread ...

How about a 'morons who wouldn't take a 1st rounder for Garoppolo cuz they might soil themselves if it's denver' thread?

He's still a great example of developing a young QB behind Brady and getting a great return, for him. And he never even played college football. Ultimately it's not how great they are or may be it's just a matter of how high you can sell him and to whom.

He's the only example

Remember this axiom:

Not all the decision makers are rational actors, and not all questions have objective answers.

Think about it for a moment: Would you rather have—

* A rookie QB for four years, or
* A QB who's been mentored by the GOAT for two years?

There isn't an a priori correct answer.
History has proven that there is nothing about being Tom Brady's backup that magically makes someone a better QB when leaving New England.

I would do it BUT only for a 1st rounder next year and their 2nd rounder this year.
Their 2nd this year, realistic, but no way does Elway throw in a 1 next year. A 4 next year would suffice, if you follow my logic. ;)

Reading through the entire thread all I keep asking myself why is it people are so worried about receiving dislikes or disagree ratings on their posts? And no, I wouldn't trade JAG to the Broncos for reasons listed by others.

History has proven that there is nothing about being Tom Brady's backup that magically makes someone a better QB when leaving New England.

It isn't a question of whether or not he is objectively better. It's a question of which one do I think will make the team better?

In fact, sometimes, it's a question of which one do I think will make me more likely to keep my job?

Nope. Let the Donks twist in mediocrity a while. I'm going to enjoy watching them with Sanchez at the helm. It would really burn badly if Garappalo took off in the next 2 seasons and led the Broncos past us in the playoffs. So to sum up... HELL NO!!! :mad:

Reading through the entire thread all I keep asking myself why is it people are so worried about receiving dislikes or disagree ratings on their posts? And no, I wouldn't trade JAG to the Broncos for reasons listed by others.
Cause their mommas have told them their whole life how great they are and can't take constructive criticism.

I voted no, particularly due to the potential of Brady missing some games with this ******** hanging over him.

That said, I don't think any of us really know what Belichick and McDaniels think of JG throughout his first two years here. Some seem to be acting as if he's somehow the savior of N.England football. Why? What have we seen from him that suggests anything different from most of the other backups so far?

He seems to have progressed from his rookie year, which is expected (for most), but what is it about this dude that make people bring up multiple, high-round draft picks? Do you think he's just completely mastered NFL football in two years of some light, pre-season activity? I don't think the NFL future of JG is easy to predict in the slightest. There's still a lot of unknowns that will be answered in the next couple of years.

How about a 'morons who wouldn't take a 1st rounder for Garoppolo cuz they might soil themselves if it's denver' thread?

They should trade him to The jets, they need a quarterback.

Or did you mean Brady? That's who you wanted to trade last time this discussion was held.

"Let's help one of our big rivals fix their QB situation." -no successful GM/coach ever.

BB has traded away 2 QBs who promptly went to the Pro Bowl. One was to a division rival.

Cause their mommas have told them their whole life how great they are and can't take constructive criticism.
Though to be somewhat fare. The negative/disagree button isn't exactly constructive critisism. It's not really constructive in any way.

But I agree that people complain way too much about getting negative rating.

This isn't really about what type of draft compensation Elway would or wouldn't offer. I've seen several posts debating Jimmy's worth, but that misses the OP.

It's really about would we help our enemy to help ourselves more? And the clear answer from the crowd is no. Many studies have shown people are willing to cut off their noses to spite their faces, and this is just another example of that mentality.

With BB's economics background, I think he would do the deal if it made sense. It really depends on value. Yes, you could help your enemy, but it's not for free, and it's not a favour. In this scenario, if there were enough draft picks, you're also weakening them over the next few years too by draining their access to top-notch cheap talent. And I don't think he (or I) fear the Broncos, even if they had re-signed Brock. With Dante returning, a healthy Solder and Vollmer, I think we win that game easily, especially if in Foxborough.

I like Jimmy. I love Tom. But both have a price tag on their heads. Gretzky got traded. So did Montana. So to think there's no price tag that would make you trade your backup QB is silly, even if you hate the buyer. It might make you charge more, but there's a price.

Their 2nd this year, realistic, but no way does Elway throw in a 1 next year. A 4 next year would suffice, if you follow my logic. ;)
I should have been more specific... I wouldn't trade him unless someone is dumb enough to overpay. I think he has value but I would want him here unless some team is crazy enough to do a deal like that.

They should trade him to The jets, they need a quarterback.

Or did you mean Brady? That's who you wanted to trade last time this discussion was held.

absolutely....I'd trade Garoppolo to the Jets in a heartbeat for their first rounder......you'd be an even bigger idiot not to

Garoppolo is not worth a 1st round pick.....maybe a 3rd or 4th, but if ANYONE came offering a 1st rounder I would do it as fast as possible before they changed their minds.

The Brady discussion was almost 2 years ago and I admitted I was wrong. I'm not wrong now.

would you trade him for this years #31?

Pretty much every Patriots backup QB is overrated here. I took some time to read the forum history and it's pretty funny how the same conversation took place over Mallett. Not only did (some) people think he was easily worth a 1, there were those who thought that even *that* wasn't good enough.
While I agree, I really do think Jimmy is something special. Mallett and Hoyer were horribly overrated. Even when Hoyer was playing relatively well in Cleveland, his numbers really weren't that impressive...

You could pick a QB with every pick from all 3 drafts and still not hit on a talent like Tom Brady...

Well technically if Tom Brady is the goat then no matter who you pick is not gonna be better than the goat. I'd settle for an Aaron Rodgers.

absolutely....I'd trade Garoppolo to the Jets in a heartbeat for their first rounder......you'd be an even bigger idiot not to

Garoppolo is not worth a 1st round pick.....maybe a 3rd or 4th, but if ANYONE came offering a 1st rounder I would do it as fast as possible before they changed their minds.

The Brady discussion was almost 2 years ago and I admitted I was wrong. I'm not wrong now.

just give yourself time ...

just give yourself time ...

whatever......everyone here is wrong just as often as anyone else

it's not like we have examples of former backups taking their next teams anywhere

a 1st rounder would be a ridiculous price for anyone to pay for Garoppolo, but if anyone's offering, you'd be a dope to not pull the trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back