PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypothetical – would you trade Garoppolo to the Broncos?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you trade Jimmy Garoppolo to the Broncos?

• Yes

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 59 78.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely....I'd trade Garoppolo to the Jets in a heartbeat for their first rounder......you'd be an even bigger idiot not to

Garoppolo is not worth a 1st round pick.....maybe a 3rd or 4th, but if ANYONE came offering a 1st rounder I would do it as fast as possible before they changed their minds.

The Brady discussion was almost 2 years ago and I admitted I was wrong. I'm not wrong now.

How do you know what he's worth? The only people who do are those who have been coaching him the last couple of years. You have seen all of twenty minutes of him.

The Brady situation still demonstrates just how bad your judgement is.

Well technically if Tom Brady is the goat then no matter who you pick is not gonna be better than the goat. I'd settle for an Aaron Rodgers.

The point I'm making is the draft is 50/50 at best. Even with twice the pics each year for the next 3 years, without the QB talent you may not field the best overall team.

How do you know what he's worth? The only people who do are those who have been coaching him the last couple of years. You have seen all of twenty minutes of him.

The Brady situation still demonstrates just how bad your judgement is.

LOL....you're wrong just as often as anyone else

Garoppolo is not worth much because he hasn't shown a thing.

You want to call me wrong for taking anyones first rounder for Garoppolo, you're entitled to your opinion....Jason Spriggs or Jonathan Bullard over Garoppolo substantially improves our roster

While I agree, I really do think Jimmy is something special. Mallett and Hoyer were horribly overrated. Even when Hoyer was playing relatively well in Cleveland, his numbers really weren't that impressive...

he does look special.
he might not be.
but he does look like he is.

whatever......everyone here is wrong just as often as anyone else

it's not like we have examples of former backups taking their next teams anywhere

a 1st rounder would be a ridiculous price for anyone to pay for Garoppolo, but if anyone's offering, you'd be a dope to not pull the trigger

ok, lets just say id be a little more careful with my future QB than you suggest
i agree that if you are ready to move on it doesnt matter where he goes

but its been years since a credible QB came to the league (maybe wilson)
there was so much promise - and sooner than later so much disappointment with most of them

edit:
if they see something in him they should stay put

ok, lets just say id be a little more careful with my future QB than you suggest
i agree that if you are ready to move on it doesnt matter where he goes

but its been years since a credible QB came to the league (maybe wilson)
there was so much promise - and sooner than later so much disappointment with most of them

edit:
if they see something in him they should stay put

no......both winston and mariota had pretty credible seasons for otherwise pretty bad teams...the year before, bortles, bridgewater, and carr are credible.....2012 produced luck, osweiler, wilson, cousins

I just think a 1st for Garoppolo is outstanding value to the Pats. and unless you think he's another Tom Brady, the Pats will not ride JG to the Superbowl....they just won't get there, and in that instance, why not turn the roster over, add a resource and use a lesser one on someone like Kevin Hogan, who I think could easily reproduce what JG did the last couple of years.

So far, he's here because he beat out Mallett......which is not saying much

You want to call me wrong for taking anyones first rounder for Garoppolo, you're entitled to your opinion....Jason Spriggs or Jonathan Bullard over Garoppolo substantially improves our roster

I never said I wouldn't trade Garrapolo, in fact I said I would, just not to a rival who needs a QB. The Broncos are are screwed at QB and I wouldn't do anything to remedy that. I would rather take a high second than help Denver or the Jets fix their QB situations.

Reading through the entire thread all I keep asking myself why is it people are so worried about receiving dislikes or disagree ratings on their posts? And no, I wouldn't trade JAG to the Broncos for reasons listed by others.

C'mon aus, everybody knows your "e peen" shrivel an inch with each dislike. It's horrible!

I would rather have Garrapolo in NE than have Spriggs or Bullard and Garrapolo in Denver.

I never thought said I wouldn't trade Garrapolo, inn fact I said I would, just not too a rival who needs a QB. The Broncos are are screwed at QB and I wouldn't do anything to remedy that. I would rather take a high second than help Denver or the Jets fix their QB situations.

I'd be concerned primarily with improving the roster......of course I would have no issue with taking the next pick instead, but that wasn't part of the original question. If it was the only option, you honestly would not take the first rounder from Denver for Garoppolo? Considering what I have seen from him (and I'm not displeased with JG), I would not have to think twice about moving him for that pick.....the body we stand to get solves a lot more than JG does.....especially given some of the later guys like Kevin Hogan or Jeff Driskel available in Day 3. Provided the Pats know JG better than anyone, I don't see the concern of letting the Broncos go with him.....I would simply be not that worried about facing that team.

I just don't fear the difference JG would make in Denver.....not with the offense Kubiak runs.

In spite of the injuries, the pats were in the process of slapping the Broncos senseless .... In Denver.....that is until a muffed punt screwed the pooch.....Denver had their little run, they won the SB.....I think they'll rot from the inside this year as in previous years and Garoppolo can't save that

BB has traded away 2 QBs who promptly went to the Pro Bowl. One was to a division rival.

Very different situations, in both cases the Patriots were on the hook for big money if they didn't get rid of them, and in Bledsoe's case Belichick had gone up against him repeatedly with excellent results so he wasn't worried about him staying in division, and neither was a contender for the AFC Championship. In this case Denver has the best defense in football, are defending champs, and have a huge hole at QB, fixing that for them would be foolish.

I'd be concerned primarily with improving the roster......of course I would have no issue with taking the next pick instead, but that wasn't part of the original question. If it was the only option, you honestly would not take the first rounder from Denver for Garoppolo? Considering what I have seen from him (and I'm not displeased with JG), I would not have to think twice about moving him for that pick.....the body we stand to get solves a lot more than JG does.....especially given some of the later guys like Kevin Hogan or Jeff Driskel available in Day 3. Provided the Pats know JG better than anyone, I don't see the concern of letting the Broncos go with him.....I would simply be not that worried about facing that team.

I just don't fear the difference JG would make in Denver.....not with the offense Kubiak runs.

In spite of the injuries, the pats were in the process of slapping the Broncos senseless .... In Denver.....that is until a muffed punt screwed the pooch.....Denver had their little run, they won the SB.....I think they'll rot from the inside this year as in previous years and Garoppolo can't save that

I would trade him but not to the Broncos, Jets, or Bills. I have no idea if he's the next Favre or Mallett and from where I sit wouldn't risk him becoming great with a serious rival. If Belichick thinks he is Matt Cassel then it would be a different story.

If Elway called and offered you #31 and a couple of other picks in this draft or a future draft would you make the trade?

If you followed the past 2 drafts, you would have a hard time arguing against the belief that Garoppolo would have been the #3 QB prospect in 2015 and the #3 QB prospect in this year’s draft. Garoppolo was the #32 ranked prospect in 2014, that was a loaded draft class. I have seen debates where people diminished Garoppolo value based on the performance of other Patriots backups, but that is absolutely meaningless to when evaluating him.

Pretend we could sign Hoyer to a team friendly deal as the backup QB.
I would drive Garapolo to Denver myself for that deal.
A first AND more? For a guy who was a late second and hasn't played football for 2 years? Are you kidding?
I'm not sure how you determine where he would be ranked among different classes when no one ever agrees on how QBs are ranked and drafted. I have no clue whatsoever how you could determine that he was the 32nd ranked prospect when he was drafted way later than that and he is a QB when QBs always get drafted higher than their ficticous 'ranking'.

A difficult question would be if you know you can sign Hoyer cheaply do you take a 2 or 3 for Garapollo.
As is he will be gone when his contract is up, so the only value he has here is as a backup and its a coin flip to me whether id rather have him or hoyer if Brady went out.

I would trade him but not to the Broncos, Jets, or Bills. I have no idea if he's the next Favre or Mallett and from where I sit wouldn't risk him becoming great with a serious rival. If Belichick thinks he is Matt Cassel then it would be a different story.

which is why I qualified with 'what I have seen' as well as with what Kubiak tries to do.......Brett Favre would have never been Brett Favre under Kubiak...

Kubiak was working with parts that were not his....give him time, he will kill the offense and the defense is past peak

I don't think it matters. 3-4 years from now when he could potentially be good enough to be a threat, the teams we are competing with as top in the conference will be different.
However, given your concern, if you are making a good trade, it is BETTER to make it within the division. You strengthen yourself and weaken the opponent. Bledsoe failed in Buffalo and set them back. I would love to trade Jimmy G to Buffalo so they can waste their time with a QB controversy. I'd love to trade him to the Jets, so they will go 3 years finding out he isn't the answer. Not even sure why Denver is in the mix because they will not be a major contender this year with or without him.

If you believe you are getting more value in a trade, you are better trading with a rival.

I seem to remember Bill Belichick helping a division rival upgrade significantly at QB some time ago.
That's the joke. He didn't help them, he set them back. The Bills were 23-25 the 3 years Bledsoe was there with zero playoff appearances. He threw 55 TDs and 43 Ints. and had a 79 QB rating.
After BB traded him Bledsoe was never on a playoff team.
The Patriots won 5 of 6 vs the Bills with Bledsoe there.

The Patriots were better off having traded Bledsoe to Buffalo than out of the division, and won 2 SBs while Bledsoe was the Bills QB.

which is why I qualified with 'what I have seen' as well as with what Kubiak tries to do.......Brett Favre would have never been Brett Favre under Kubiak...

Kubiak was working with parts that were not his....give him time, he will kill the offense and the defense is past peak

The Ravens won a SB with Joe a Flacco and Kubiak, and I didn't think that was possible.

The Ravens won a SB with Joe a Flacco and Kubiak, and I didn't think that was possible.

I think you're confusing Kubiak with someone else....that year, Kubiak and Wade Phillips were busy getting pummeled by the Pats...the way I see it, that combo just had its moment in the sun.....Kubiak had plenty to work with in Houston and drove it off a cliff

They better not trade him now. Brady is suspended for the first 4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back