PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How would you rate the win against the Ravens?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How would you rate the win over BAL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This win may define this team's characters for this year. Going to be a fun ride ;)

I agree. Right now, great win, It will be an epic win if the Pats keep this going and make it a special season!

It wasn't an epic win but it was very important. IMO an epic is one for the ages, I don't think this qualifies. Its been awhile since the last time they came back from ten points down in the fourth quarter against a top notch team like the Ravens.

Last edited:
Pats show they can beat a top team without an "A" game from Brady and the offense. Against one of the most physical teams in the league, Pats front 7 goes toe to toe and comes out on top. Kudos to DL of Wilfork Pryor and Deaderick who went all the way on running downs, and Mayo, Spikes, Ninkovich and Cunningham who sealed the edge and shut down the run for the first game this season. Pass D had a rough start, but McCourty and Chung came up with huge stops late. Giant step up for the D.

This may be the turning point in the season for the DEFENSE to come together.

Hard fought win against one of the NFL Elite teams :rocker:

Still just a win tho....

It's a great win for a young team that is building confidence. It isn't an epic win, but it is an important one.

I voted Epic win because this game has the possibility of deciding home field advantage in a playoff game. If we play the Ravens for the AFC title game here then there will be no question about it.

Epic win would have been a complete annihilation of the Ravens,it was not...it was a win nothing more.

Really? Weren't you saying all week the Pats were going to lose?

Certainly at least a WIN, if not outright EPIC WIN.
This win was by no means epic or extraordinary.....it was a WIN however. Pats D stepped up.....Tom Brady laid an egg.....coaches offensively quite poor. An epic win would have been pats beating bears in 1986......

Epic
HFA advantage
Confidence builder for the young D
Confidence builder for an O responding to Randy's departure
Beat a top ranked team in our conference
A loss woulda put us WAY behind AFCE leading Jets

EPIC

Last edited:
This is the type of win that forms charactor, that molds young players into winners. At the end of the year this game may be looked at as the beginning of something special, the turning point of the season.

This is the type of win that forms charactor, that molds young players into winners. At the end of the year this game may be looked at as the beginning of something special, the turning point of the season.

Well stated. The next few weeks will determine whether that's the way to look at it. I an event, it was a great W.

This win may define this team's characters for this year. Going to be a fun ride ;)

Exactly. Anybody that doesn't think this was an epic comeback or defining moment is missing the point IMHO.

When was the last time this TEAM showed that winning spirit that we had for so many years? It has been a long long time IMO.

This was win. It was dirty win, but I'll take over a loss and trying to force it to Moss all the time

Gives us a common opponents edge over the Jets for the time being and it's definitely one of those games you see on the schedule and think 'that's one we very well may lose'. It's a huge win.
It doesn't matter when the Jets beat the Pats.

Also, I think a majority of people on this board don't realize how big of a win this was for the Pats in terms of standings and psyche.

Earlier this week there was thread which the OP wrote that it wouldn't be a big deal if the Pats were to lose to the Ravens.

The fact is, it's never okay to lose a game in your own conference because its basically losing two games if the team you're playing has the potential of making the playoffs.

I don't care if the Pats are playing the Colts or the Bills, every AFC game could be the difference between home field advantage or playing on the road. Or better yet, not even making the playoffs. Take the '08 Pats for example. Every team they lost to was an AFC team. They didn't make the playoffs.

This was a huge win and it doesn't get any easier when they still have to face the Chargers, Colts, Steelers and Jets.

Exactly. Anybody that doesn't think this was an epic comeback or defining moment is missing the point IMHO.

When was the last time this TEAM showed that winning spirit that we had for so many years? It has been a long long time IMO.

Every year they've played since 2002?

Some of you act like we've been losing at home or something...

Last edited:
Earlier this week there was thread which the OP wrote that it wouldn't be a big deal if the Pats were to lose to the Ravens.

Ummm . . . where did I do this? [It's actually possible I said that, but I sure as heck don't remember it.]

Well, it took less than 24 hours for someone to rate it as "Meh." :rolleyes:

Some would say the same about the Miami game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back