PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How will you feel if the Pats play much better than the Eagles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
they've already rested.

Not all of them. I have a strong feeling Brady is really tired from how much he played last game and will make at most a cameo appearance, but most likely none whatsoever.

Last edited:
Not all of them. I have a strong feeling Brady is really tired from how much he played last game and will make at most a cameo appearance, but most likely none whatsoever.

it is very interesting how some people don't think preseason means anything.
i think to say the least the offense needs to establishing timing in the passing game.

i think to say the least the offense needs to establishing timing in the passing game.

I like to think of the regular season as the preseason and the "tournament" as the regular season.

Preseason games are difficult for fans, they turn us into schizophrenics. The emotional side, the fan (fanatic) screams Win Win Win!, in bliss with every great play and touchdown while dying with every turnover and opponent score. While the rational side realizes the outcome is meaningless, there is no game plan, and it's all about individual battles, it is still very difficult to ignore the scoreboard.

The severity may differ depending on family and neighborhood you grew up in, but the thought of defeat being acceptable and winning being meaningless is unacceptable to almost everybody, including those that don't follow sports. We want to the game to matter and win and feel good about winning; we don't want our accomplishments to be meaningless. It's difficult to follow and watch a game with a lot of emotion and suddenly 'turn it off' and say this game doesn't matter

It's not the preseason doesn't mean anything, but playing Brady rushing Brady back from an injury for timing sake is stupid. Brady probably could have played on Sunday if the game counted. But why risk it?

Moss didn't play a single down in preseason last year, barely ever practiced with the Pats before the regular season, never played with Brady in real game action until week 1 vs the Jets and ended up getting 9 balls for 183 yards and a TD week #1. He had 8 catchs for 105 yards and 2 TDs in week #2. So exactly how did not have timing down with Brady hurt Moss?

For a lesser team or a team with a lot of young and/or new players, I think timing is really important. I don't know if it is as important for the Pats with Brady, Moss, Welker, and Gaffney already on the same page with one another.

Health is far more important than timing for this team.

It's not the preseason doesn't mean anything, but playing Brady rushing Brady back from an injury for timing sake is stupid. Brady probably could have played on Sunday if the game counted. But why risk it?

Moss didn't play a single down in preseason last year, barely ever practiced with the Pats before the regular season, never played with Brady in real game action until week 1 vs the Jets and ended up getting 9 balls for 183 yards and a TD week #1. He had 8 catchs for 105 yards and 2 TDs in week #2. So exactly how did not have timing down with Brady hurt Moss?

For a lesser team or a team with a lot of young and/or new players, I think timing is really important. I don't know if it is as important for the Pats with Brady, Moss, Welker, and Gaffney already on the same page with one another.

Health is far more important than timing for this team.

we don't play the jets until week 2 this year.;)

so why even put any starter out there?

that's why i didn't put "win" in the thread title. I think it comes down to execution of each play and if they do that then they will have played better than the eagles.

they need to get some timing on offense and cohesion on offense and defense.

chicken little

chicken little

What do you think anyone is really asking for ? a preseason W ?

I love how many of the super-posters of this community can do no wrong and everyone one else is an idiot. If someone else analyzes a preseason game, a drive, or even one play, and finds an area for improvement, the superfan, 50-posts-a-day homers start calling him a "chicken little" .

You, Mr Bigglesworth, are a chicken little for suggesting that a team should even look like they're on the same page in a preseason game

I guarantee you if the pats look good in the first Qtr tomorrow the homers will be calling for 19-0 .

Personally fro me, it's not so much that I don't think pre-season games mean anything as far as wins and losses, but I believe too many people put too much stock into the actual games themselves. I trust that the coaching staff has a pretty good grip on how to best prepare the Pats for the regular season. I have a feeling that we'll see a better team against the Eagles as the starters start seeing more reps. Even if the Pats do lose to the Eagles, I'm still not hitting the panic button. The only time for that is due to injury or if we have a losing record by week 8.

If we lose badly again then its all over. We suck.

So what this thread is pretty much saying is if the Patriots play poorly - its only the preseason and its worthless

If the Patriots play great then yeah,thats exactly what you will see during the season -

Worthless gander altogether if you ask me

You know what the preseason means? It means...
They play great? - IT MEANS SH!T
They play lousy? - IT MEANS SH!T

Please get this though some of your thick skulls for heavens sake!

Preseason is for finding out who is a bum and finding out who can play in this league - The scores mean crap and most veterans even if they play lousy will likely stay unless they outright suck ass like Cassel does

Its more or less for the seperation of rookies or sudden signings of JAGS from out to pasture to joining the roster.

And of course makes for a fancy 'practice' to get themselves ready for the REAL gameday plays.

Last edited:
chicken little

chicken little

What do you think anyone is really asking for ? a preseason W ?

I love how many of the super-posters of this community can do no wrong and everyone one else is an idiot. If someone else analyzes a preseason game, a drive, or even one play, and finds an area for improvement, the superfan, 50-posts-a-day homers start calling him a "chicken little" .

You, Mr Bigglesworth, are a chicken little for suggesting that a team should even look like they're on the same page in a preseason game

I guarantee you if the pats look good in the first Qtr tomorrow the homers will be calling for 19-0 .

who are you?:eek:

A player performing badly in the pre-season is more worthy of discussion than performing well is.

As long as they tackle on defense i'll be happy. In other words, improve on the fundamentals. I could care less if we win, or look unbeatable. We never look all that good in preseason anyways. Now if by game 4 of the reg season, we don't improve, I may need a doctor:D

we don't play the jets until week 2 this year.;)

so why even put any starter out there?

It is good to get your game legs and get your timing down, but with a veteran team it isn't critical. I think we have a veteran team to overcome some players not getting a lot of action in the preseason.

Besides, if the o-line plays like it did the first week with all its missing parts, how is Brady really going to get his timing down if he is throwing on the run or as he is getting hit?

I'm just looking to be entertained. It's not entertaining when they look like garbage. A win isn't important. Just finish the tackles and blocks, complete passes and make it at least reasonably competitive.

It is good to get your game legs and get your timing down, but with a veteran team it isn't critical. I think we have a veteran team to overcome some players not getting a lot of action in the preseason.

Besides, if the o-line plays like it did the first week with all its missing parts, how is Brady really going to get his timing down if he is throwing on the run or as he is getting hit?

I am just going to say if Brady doesn't get to throw in game type situations in preseason and his first action is against the Chiefs then I expect that Chief game painful to watch and don't expect it to be crisp. And this is true of any other player.

All I remember of last year's Jets game is Moss going deep on double or triple coverage. How much timing does that take? It just takes protection from the OL.

If the team doesn't execute at least a little bit in the preseason I am just saying that week 1 will be filled with errors. Just my opinion.

Will people still be doom and gloom thinking the defense can't stop the run?

Or will one game totally change the minds of thr chicken littles?

Will a good performance erase all the doubts of games 1 and 2?

Seriously. Enough with this doom and gloom over the pre-season. How many games have the Pats won in pre-season over the last few years. I can only recall one year with all four wins. Didn't they lose 3 out of 4 last year? With Brady playing part of the games?????

:bricks:

Seriously. Enough with this doom and gloom over the pre-season. How many games have the Pats won in pre-season over the last few years. I can only recall one year with all four wins. Didn't they lose 3 out of 4 last year? With Brady playing part of the games?????

:bricks:

it's all about execution and fundamentals. it's not about the outcome.

I am just going to say if Brady doesn't get to throw in game type situations in preseason and his first action is against the Chiefs then I expect that Chief game painful to watch and don't expect it to be crisp. And this is true of any other player.

All I remember of last year's Jets game is Moss going deep on double or triple coverage. How much timing does that take? It just takes protection from the OL.

If the team doesn't execute at least a little bit in the preseason I am just saying that week 1 will be filled with errors. Just my opinion.

Moss caught balls over the middle of the field too against the Jets.

Personally, I would rather have Brady be flat against the mediocre Chiefs than be in street clothes. Call me crazy, but Brady is a far better QB when he is actually playing than if he isn't.

I am not worried at all. The Chiefs even with their starters playing all preseason have a lot of rookies expected to start right away, a mediocre QB, a RB who is coming back from a season ending injury, and just a lot of new starters. They are more likely to be out of sync than the Pats even if Brady doesn't play a down in the preseason.

We can't be worried about the preseason as a preparation for the first game of the season. We need to make sure Brady doesn't have a nagging injury that affects him for a month or two or all season.

I look at our 2006 season where the Patriots realized week 1 that they weren't going to have Branch back. The offense was way out of sync with receivers consistently running the wrong routes. The Pats went 6-1 to start the season. I think the Pats can overcome real game no timing between Brady, Moss, and Welker than that.

Besides, it isn't like Brady isn't throwing to these guys in practice. They do get a lot of their timing down there. I could see your point more if the Pats were in the same situation as the Colts are where Brady wasn't even practicing.

Moss caught balls over the middle of the field too against the Jets.

Personally, I would rather have Brady be flat against the mediocre Chiefs than be in street clothes. Call me crazy, but Brady is a far better QB when he is actually playing than if he isn't.

I am not worried at all. The Chiefs even with their starters playing all preseason have a lot of rookies expected to start right away, a mediocre QB, a RB who is coming back from a season ending injury, and just a lot of new starters. They are more likely to be out of sync than the Pats even if Brady doesn't play a down in the preseason.

We can't be worried about the preseason as a preparation for the first game of the season. We need to make sure Brady doesn't have a nagging injury that affects him for a month or two or all season.

I look at our 2006 season where the Patriots realized week 1 that they weren't going to have Branch back. The offense was way out of sync with receivers consistently running the wrong routes. The Pats went 6-1 to start the season. I think the Pats can overcome real game no timing between Brady, Moss, and Welker than that.

Besides, it isn't like Brady isn't throwing to these guys in practice. They do get a lot of their timing down there. I could see your point more if the Pats were in the same situation as the Colts are where Brady wasn't even practicing.

I guess we'll see.

The way you practice and play in the preseason is the way you'll play in a real game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back