PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How will you feel if the Pats play much better than the Eagles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's all about execution and fundamentals. it's not about the outcome.

And the one thing obviously executed wrong in the last two games is Cassel. Take him out of the mix and see what happens. That's what I want to see in the next two games.

I guess we'll see.

The way you practice and play in the preseason is the way you'll play in a real game.

Ideally you want Brady out there and getting reps. But making sure he doesn't risk potential long term injury is more important. He has a foot injury and problems on the o-line. Brady could get killed tonight.

There is still a fourth preseason game assuming Light is back and there is no rule that says they can't play the starting offense a little longer in that game if they need to work on their timing.

Last edited:
And the one thing obviously executed wrong in the last two games is Cassel. Take him out of the mix and see what happens. That's what I want to see in the next two games.

the "cassel hate club" is meeting over at
casselisbradysbackupdealwithit.com:D

"IN BILL WE TRUST" learn it, live it ;)

Ideally you want Brady out there and getting reps. But making sure he doesn't risk potential long term injury is more important. He has a foot injury and problems on the o-line. Brady could get killed tonight.

There is still a fourth preseason game assuming Light is back and there is no rule that says they can't play the starting offense a little longer in that game if they need to work on their timing.

hey I'm with you, you don't jeopardize the season for a preseason game and if he is injured then you sit him, but I'm hoping he's not injured and he can go.

the question is which is further behind: the offense or defense??

It's pre-season. They could lose this game 60-0 and it wouldn't affect the regular season at all. Might just give em some extra motivation, but that's about it.

hey I'm with you, you don't jeopardize the season for a preseason game and if he is injured then you sit him, but I'm hoping he's not injured and he can go.

the question is which is further behind: the offense or defense??

Considering Brady, Light, and Neal have been out, I would say the offense. The QBs have been getting sacked a lot this preseason. Why put Brady out there to get beaten on with Wesley Britt protecting his blindside.

The fact of the matter is it is questionable whether Brady plays tonight. If Belichick holds Brady out, are you going to doubt his judgement? He knows this team better than any of us.

If Brady does play, I expect many starters not to play after a short week. I am betting it would be more on defense than offense because of the o-line issues. But Belichick has already warned us he is not approaching this game like a typical third preseason game because of the short week.

Any way I look at it, no matter who plays I don't care what happens barring injuries. If we crap the bed, do you really think this team went from 18-1 last year with a difficult schedule to an average team with what looks to be an easy schedule? Just because we lost Samuel and Gay?

We can go back and forth on this Brady thing all day, but that is the real issue. I couldn't care less about preseason play. I look at some individual performances and, as long as everyone comes out healthy, nothing else matters.

I would not possibly care less. The Pats in the Belichick era have never been over .500 in the preseason. Let someone else be the preseason champions. I'll take the regular season and the playoffs any day. Those who say we suck or are in a decline because of our preseason performance can be lumped into two groups:

Group A - Frontrunners who have only been following this team for one or two years.

Group B - Fairweather fans who know little to nothing about this team or football in general.

A little thing I know but I thought it worth mentioning here..... Brady/Moss had a great start to the 07 season, but I do remember TB MISSING Moss on some of those deep balls! It took a few games for TB to realize that he had to put a little more air under the ball and let Randy go up and get them! I think he got about all jump balls after TB figured that out. Thats also what was a little more frustrating in the SB. On that last drive TB didnt throw it up the way he had during the season, the passes were long ropes rather than rainbows. I dont think double coverage would have mattered as much as giving Randy a chance to catch it. Little things like that are nice to work on in the preseason(not in practice).....and we are a little lucky that it didnt matter as much as it could have some other year.

A little thing I know but I thought it worth mentioning here..... Brady/Moss had a great start to the 07 season, but I do remember TB MISSING Moss on some of those deep balls! It took a few games for TB to realize that he had to put a little more air under the ball and let Randy go up and get them! I think he got about all jump balls after TB figured that out. Thats also what was a little more frustrating in the SB. On that last drive TB didnt throw it up the way he had during the season, the passes were long ropes rather than rainbows. I dont think double coverage would have mattered as much as giving Randy a chance to catch it. Little things like that are nice to work on in the preseason(not in practice).....and we are a little lucky that it didnt matter as much as it could have some other year.

Brady was 22 for 28 (78.6% completion) against the Jets game 1 and 25 for 31 (80.6% completion) against San Deigo in week 2. If the timing is off that much to begin this season, I will be utterly disapointed but live with it. In fact, Brady never had below 78.1% completions the first month of the season and only above it twice for the rest of the season and the playoffs. For the first month of the season, Moss was his primary target.

Last edited:
When it is all said and done it come down to one word HEALTH.

That is all that matters to me on Friday night.

If this team remains healthy they are in the Super Bowl....period.

Agreed. (10 char)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back