PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How to feel great about this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody here who's under, say, 30, only has memories of BB and TB.

But we geezers know...

...heck, I was thinking just yesterday about the promise of the beginning of 1999... started off 6-2, and then finished 2-6.

That was Pete Carroll's final year with NE... BB was still defensive coordinator for the Jets.

Never in a million years would I have imagined what was to come next. Especially when BB in his first year as Pats HC went 5-11.

The last 2 decades (2 freaking decades!!!!) have been awesome. I will feel great about this team, until my last day drawing a breath. :)

1990, nuff said. The Parcells years were very enjoyable however. Made a bowl and got the “groceries” line.

We are 12-4 it's just an awkward year where that's gets you a wild card, look at the Saints they are 13-3 playing on wild card, we are not that bad, our D had a bad game, we won 12 games this year hell last year we got a bye with an 11-5 record, don't let the wild card thing fool you like I said this is a good enough team to pull it off but our D will have to be the back bone of this run, just need our O to put up over 20 or 30 which we have done or come close to D has to suffocate offenses from here on out because we are not shootout capable, we can put up 20-30 but that's about it that's the Os bottle neck imo rest will be on the D.

Yeah, we are all upset today, myself included, but 12-4 is not exactly a terrible year. Oh what we would have given to be 12-4 prior to the BB/TFB dynasty!

Thank you Patriots for all of the great games and memories over the last 20 (!!) years!

"I'll take "Alternate Universes" for $600..."

"What is 6 Lombardis >>>>> St Louis Patriots?""

giphy.gif

Look at the product on the field.
12-4 feels so near yet so far

My own circumstances may provide some fun....I got my first roasting yesterday on the forum (from dabruinz , a good one) deservedly so , which means I am no longer a virgin.......lol , hopefully the second time won't be so memorable..........:):)

Maybe tough times ahead for the team and coaches , it happens. The season is not over yet but if we go out sooner than we want, remember how good it has been for quite a few years. Hopefully we manage a soft landing and not a hard crash going forwards;)

At that time , 1992 , do you imagine for a beat how much happy we would have been playing a wild card playoff game ?

A dream...

We're a long way from Coach Mac and the Millen dollar man! lol

do do? as in pee pee caa caa do do? seems to be a severe case of the scatologicals going around today

Remember what it used to be like?

I am so thankful I was in college back then. Used to get annihilated during the games which dulled the loss(es).

We're a long way from Coach Mac and the Millen dollar man! lol

And the crazy part is, in 1990 with Rod Rust, the Pats were 1-15.

Firing Rust and hiring MacPherson, in 1991 the Pats were 6-10. 6-10!!!! On our way to better days!!!!

...and the bottom dropped out. o_O

12-4. People disappointed.

Imagine preseason darlings like Dallas & (especially) Cleveland ! Can you imagine how they feel about the 2019 season ?

but we geezers know...
We do. I remember sitting on a cold bench in a urine themed stadium hoping against hope that the home team would pull off a win. To be honest, I got more joy out of those wins than I do the 'failed' seasons of the current team. There are no fans. The season is lost once hope of perfection is lost. The talking heads cannot even celebrate a win. Eddie Andelman was a fan. I enjoyed listening to his unabashed affection for the home team. I hope the next generation of this team is more lovable, less scandalous, and universally appreciated -- after a win or a loss.

It will be great if this team can overcome this season to win one more Lombardi, but, after the confetti, it's time to start fresh.

This team has run its course. I am looking forward to some growing pains and heading in a new direction. They have been so good all these years, it’s mind boggling. I have no complaints about Bill or Tom, they have delivered. Honestly more so than the sleaze ball of an owner deserves. Bring on mediocrity, the talking heads will be missing the evil empire then. Guaranteed!!

Ben Coates is head and shoulders above any of the 2019 skill players on this team. Ill take Stephens and Russell over Sony any day....

At that time , 1992 , do you imagine for a beat how much happy we would have been playing a wild card playoff game ?

A dream...
I remember being excited all day before the Oakland snow bowl game, if I only knew what was in store. Back then I'd just hope for a win to advance, only would dream of actually winning the big one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST