PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How long does Gronkowksi have to wear that arm brace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradyking12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He had it on last season, i thought this season it would be off and do you think having it on affects his catching ability?

If you watched him play last year you would have realized it has no affect on him.

He seemed fine with it last year, so I'm guessing that his issues yesterday were more due to lack of practice/conditioning.

If you watched him play last year you would have realized it has no affect on him.

Only saw the first half and a few minutes of 2d; but it certainly looked to me like he was less flexible in his ability to stretch out for balls and had a harder time when the L hand was where the ball came in first (catching w/ right securing with left) than when the ball came in on his right side (catching w/ cast-arm and securing with unbraced arm).

But those who chaulk it up to rust and lack-of practice could be equally right. IMO the cast limited him.

Only saw the first half and a few minutes of 2d; but it certainly looked to me like he was less flexible in his ability to stretch out for balls and had a harder time when the L hand was where the ball came in first (catching w/ right securing with left) than when the ball came in on his right side (catching w/ cast-arm and securing with unbraced arm).

But those who chaulk it up to rust and lack-of practice could be equally right. IMO the cast limited him.

He was fine with it last year, why would it be different this year, especially with more practice with it?

I suspect it is like Tom's knee brace. It is still there and it always will be.

If it decreases the chance of re-injury by even a little (without harming performance even more) than I'm good with it.

Recovery from a serious injury is psychological as well as physical. It is well known that players returning from ACL surgery are medically cleared to return to play long before they return to their pre-injury level of performance (there is a range here with Peterson being exceptional). Gronk is returning from two serious injuries, with the ACL and the arm, which was broken twice and also had an infection which required additional surgeries. He will probably wear the protective brace for as long as he plays because he has a plate in his arm and the brace protects him from breaking the arm again at the plate margin (which he did already before he wore the brace, as I recall). He needs to reacquaint his body and mind with the speed and rigors of NFL football, and he needs to gain confidence in his repaired arm and knee, which will come with each action he sees. The brace on his arm is pretty far down the list of reasons for him not being up to full speed his first game back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye