PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How are you dealing with the loss today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too skipped class today. This one was tough to swallow and I didn't want to hear it in person from everyone. Nobody will really know how we feel unless it happens again to their team. Funny thing is the people that have been talking crap most, aren't even giants fans, but now I have to go to work and face my boss who is an actual giants fan. I'm not looking forward to the rest of the evening. Regardless of what happened yesterday, I will still sport my pats attire and look forward to next season. The fact that there is not a football game for another 6 months is also very depressing.

I was really pissed off and depressed last night after the game. Today at work wasn't so bad. I just kept busy and the one guy here who actually cares about football is really cool so he didn't give me any grief.

I'm not about to log on to espn.com or read the sports section of the newspaper and let that bring me down.

OMFG, I had the TV on some sitcom and they just started playing the Disney Superbowl commercial. I scrambled to shut the TV off but now I am pissed. Now I guess I have to leave the damn TV off.

Very hard to let this one go. I think the more years you root for a team, the more you realize that it's not very often that the stars come into alignment like they did this season. The Patriots' next Superbowl could be in 2009--or 2039.

I actually got compliments today from people about how well I was dealing with it. All of them were very cool, but unsympathetic...Eagles, Bills, Steelers, and Dolphins fans. They still hate on the other 3 we have. :D

I HATE THE GIANTS AND ELI MANNING I HOPE THEIR AIRPLANE CRASHES INTO THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING AND KILLS THOUSANDS OF GIANT FANS AND RIGHT IN NEW YORK AND THEY BURN AND DIE!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY ******* GOD MERCURY MORRIS NEEDS TO GET DON SHULAS **** IN HIS MOUTH TO SHUT THE **** UP, THEN CHOKES ON IT AND DIES!

I cried, screamed, and Broke up with my finance cuz he hates the Patriots.

As you can see I'm not handling this well.

Man...I work at the Portland Press Herald and I couldn't avoid all the newspapers EVERYWHERE! The talk about wasted $$ on pre-printed wraps and sales cards. It was non-stop. It was a hard day but now I'm home, I control my environment and I only need to read some posts here to put things in perspective. It hurts. I'm shocked. It sucks, but I'm trying to move on. I love off-season stuff too. It should be another interesting year, to say the least. I find myself feeling bad for players like Seau and Brown and Bruschi but then I think...they're going to be fine! They don't worry about me and my sucky day w/dramatic front pages shoved in my face every second! LOL!

Last night was pretty horrible. I was faced with the fact that all of my buddies are Giants fans and I don't have any Pats fan friends. So, I watched the game with 10 Giants fans. You can imagine how crazy they went and how much grief they gave me. Right after it was over my cell got lit up by my Colts fan friend. Luckily I had requested today off prior so I didn't have to worry about people giving me a hard time at work. This loss definately hurts. Losing to the NYG, losing the perfect season, giving up the game winning drive, the whole thing sucks.

In terms of coping today, I figured I would feel better in the AM...wrong! Today I have been replaying everything in my mind. Maybe something is wrong with me! I shouldn't care this much! I avoided the television like the plague, checked in here, went grocery shopping, tried to forget about everything.

Well, I've calmed down since last night. As soon as the game ended I left my buddy's party and went home. Me and my GF literally did not sleep all night. I was completely shocked. We are season ticket holders and went to every game except Cleveland this year. To have it end this way took everything out of me, I am taking it really hard. After she left to go take care of her nephew, I slept for a couple of hours.

I got up about 9:30 and went online. Last night I had brought my 100 oz mug filled with Captain Morgan and coke to the party. Needless to say, I only drank about half. I was sipping on the remainder at 9:30 this morning.

I went with my GF to pick her nephew from preschool. That cheered me up a bit cuz he's a blast. Went to her bro's house and jumped in his outdoor hot tub and here I am. Sipping some amaretto before I call it a night.

I was also praying last night that the Giants jet would crash, that's how pissed I was. :bricks:

I have said it before, if you have kids hug them. My daughter's best friend's Dad passed away from cancer last night. It is sad when anyone passes away, but the little girl is 4.

Puts the loss in perspective. I know it is cliche to say "It is only a game"...I tell my wife she doesn't understand when she says that to me...but it really is just a game.

How am I dealing with the loss today? The thing that is helping me the most is reading everyone's posts about how bad they feel, knowing that I am not alone in this. I didn't cry until I read your posts, Rocky. How could this happen, I keep asking myself. I want to turn back the clock and have the game played again where I KNOW we would win. But right now I just wish I could stop crying.

I have said it before, if you have kids hug them. My daughter's best friend's Dad passed away from cancer last night. It is sad when anyone passes away, but the little girl is 4.

Puts the loss in perspective. I know it is cliche to say "It is only a game"...I tell my wife she doesn't understand when she says that to me...but it really is just a game.

Sorry to hear about you daughters friends loss. Sad indeed.

It's strange you mention this. As I said, I couldn't sleep at all and it took everything out of me. The only other time I experienced this same feeling was when my best friend and fellow firefighter was killed in a car accident 2 1/2 years ago. Two completely different experiences, but the exact same feeling. But as has been said, it's only a game. I am past it and anxiously awaiting the upcoming season.

My dad got mad at me last night and said go giants then they made the touchdown to win the game. Me and him are not talking. He was rooting for the patriots but just because he was mad at me he said go giants...and they won.

Couldn't get the game out of my mind last night. Woke up a couple of times, finally got up at 5am, only to find my husband and brother up too, all suffering from the same play-it-again syndrome and unable to sleep! Painful to even glance at photo's of our players after the game. Most sad for the players who had worked so hard and really gave us an unbelievable season this year.

I still feel like crap. My kids have been making me happy today though. They're just being themselves and thats enough to erase it.

I had a bad feeling as soon as I got a call from work 2.5 hours before kick-off. Technical issue, customers' websites were down, I needed the lone Giants fan in my group to bail us out 30min before kickoff. During the whole ordeal my 6 year-old opened an umbrella in the house... seriously. I felt like I was going to throw up from that moment on and the game had not started yet. And I didn't think I was superstitious.

bumped for pj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back