PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

House cleaning coming at end of season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moss injury is showing more and more. A big catch here & there keeps him honest but we need him on a more consistant basis. That 3rd receiver option is showing as well. Edelman is nice addition. Moss/Welker too predictable now. IMO additions are more important than subtractions next year. Need to fill in holes not only with players but competent coaches as well.

Originally Posted by mayoclinic
Adalius Thomas, Derrick Burgess, Jarvis Green and Shawn Springs are as good as gone, IMHO. Underproducers, and worse in some cases.

Stephen Neal, Kevin Faulk, Pierre Woods and James Sanders are business decisions. All have value, but none are contributing to the value of their contracts (except Faulk, who will be 34).

I don't see us letting Moss go this offseason, unless something changes. He was voted a team captain this season, and he's had some good moments. He's still on of the best WRs in the game. I think he'll be given a chance to get with the program. If he doesn't, he won't be back after 2010.

Stephen Neal is the most underrated player by the NE fans, remember when he went out of the Super Bowl in the first quarter, anyone notice what happened in the games he was injured in this year and couldnt play.

Stephen Neal is the most underrated player by the NE fans, remember when he went out of the Super Bowl in the first quarter, anyone notice what happened in the games he was injured in this year and couldnt play.

I don't think anyone's underrating Neal. He's made a huge difference when he's been healthy and playing well. But:

1. He'll be 34 next October.

2. He's been increasingly injury prone.

3. His contract expires after 2009, and he currently has a $3.5M cap hit. That's a lot for an aging guard who can't stay on the field.

That's why I say it's a business decision. Neal obviously has value, but how long can we rely on him to be on the field when we need him, and how much is that worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back