PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Holy Crap-handles! Matt Slater back at practice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Belichick finds an ILB, he won't have much trouble finding a player to waive. Unfortunaely for you, it won't be Slater.

Too bad; I was hoping that he'd be IRed to make room for an ILB.

More to the point...if Slater isnt hurt is Meriweather playing on ST?? If he isnt do we cause that fumble,etc..? All the ST looked pretty good last night(except for the missed FG), in fact I dont remember a game in the past year + where they looked BETTER! Coincidence??

Was that normal personnel, or were they trying to mimic an offsides kick situation?

This makes a lot of sense. What did NOT make sense was the Slater was on the roster with idea of him playing half the year as a gunner.

I look for Lockett to be waived when Slater is ready to play.

What does Slater's readiness have to do with waiving anybody?

Slater's already on the 53. Just a game inactive.

What does Slater's readiness have to do with waiving anybody?

Slater's already on the 53. Just a game inactive.

i'ld guess the poster was finding a spot for a LB and since lockett role could be replaced by slater there is a spot.

whoever Belichick chooses

Many would like to see us pick up a linebacker and wanted Slater's roster spot. As was said, I offered up Lockett's instead. Connolly's also should available with the addition of Simmons (or Simmons could go if he doesn't impress dante).

The main point I was trying to make is that it is realtively easy to find a couple of roster spots if Belichick sees a player or two or three that he wants.

OK. And the putative LB is...???

Last edited:
you wont find any from the 'captain' :D

Positive thinking is noticeably lacking lately...I hope it's a case of assume the worst, hope for the best by default thinking and not just people in a constant Chicken Little state.

Positive thinking is noticeably lacking lately...I hope it's a case of assume the worst, hope for the best by default thinking and not just people in a constant Chicken Little state.

I've felt since the draft, that the D would need time to get on the same page. Maybe by about week 6/7, I figured they'd be pretty damn good. This will probably be even more true now that Mayo will be gone that amount of time. Either way, i've been preparing for the 'negative crowd', and it looks like they're back. I'm sure it wont be as bad as last year, but still be slightly annoying :D

If Belichick finds an ILB, he won't have much trouble finding a player to waive. Unfortunaely for you, it won't be Slater.

Yeah, I know. Just wishful thinking on my part, is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News