PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LBs Dane Fletcher, Brandon Spikes Back at Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fletcher Spikes back

That must have been one hell of a thumb injury to keep Fletcher out this long.

I think he might've been able to play, but was held out for precautionary measures to get him 100% healthy for the last games of the RS & playoffs.
We've been short in the secondary too and the depth at LB was better (even if only a little), so it might also been a numbers game, combined with the injury.

Dane Fletcher should elavate our pass Defense some especially with his nack for Good coverage at the LB position. Fletcher should give BB some more flexibility in his scheme. I really liked Dane Fletcher when he played last year, he reminds me of a younger version of Teddy Bruschi.

Great news to hear they are all improving.

Now.

no more injuries please.

He had surgery.

He actually had surgery in pre-season and tried to play through it and had a big setback. I'm glad the team decided to play it careful with him and let him heal properly this time.

Dane Fletcher should elavate our pass Defense some especially with his nack for Good coverage at the LB position. Fletcher should give BB some more flexibility in his scheme. I really liked Dane Fletcher when he played last year, he reminds me of a younger version of Teddy Bruschi.

I agree 100%. I don't know what it is, but Fletcher just seems to have IT. A typical Belichick success story: Undrafted former college defensive lineman, converts to LB, and a year later you can see a huge improvement. These no-name guys like Fletcher and Ninkovich just seem to thrive on a Belichick team. Vrabel was a no-name when we signed him too.

If Fletcher has no brace, wrap, or padding on his thumb at this point, I guess I am surprised he has not been playing in a cast. Lots of LB's do.

He actually had surgery in pre-season and tried to play through it and had a big setback. I'm glad the team decided to play it careful with him and let him heal properly this time.

Sorry, saw something at bye week that he had surgery (at that time).

Fletcher was reported to be wearing a cast today.

IIRC, Vrabel played in a cast for a while, then made DPOM later the same season after the cast came off.

Our expectations for Fletcher at this point are lower than for prime Vrabel ...

Last edited:
I agree 100%. I don't know what it is, but Fletcher just seems to have IT. A typical Belichick success story: Undrafted former college defensive lineman, converts to LB, and a year later you can see a huge improvement. These no-name guys like Fletcher and Ninkovich just seem to thrive on a Belichick team. Vrabel was a no-name when we signed him too.

Mike Vrabel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vrabel was no No-Name; he was just caught in a numbers crunch in PitsDirt,
of which we were the very fortunate beneficiaries.

Belichik must believe that Fletcher can really contribute down the stretch to keep him on the roster all season instead of IR.

Belichik must believe that Fletcher can really contribute down the stretch to keep him on the roster all season instead of IR.

He is a massive upgrade over Guyton, is very fast for a big backer, solid in coverage, and great in run stop. He excels at spying and shading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News