PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots at Falcons Week 4 Injury Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sebastian Vollmer returns to practice

Vollmer returns to practice, so perhaps he might play Sunday after all.

Sebastian Vollmer returns to practice | Jeff Howe | Boston Herald

Right tackle Sebastian Vollmer returned to practice today after missing the last two sessions with a sprained foot. He was wearing tape on his left foot during the session, which was held in shells.

Vollmer's presence means he won't be officially ruled out for Sunday just yet, but it's also been common for the Patriots to bring a player back for a Friday practice to advance the recovery process for the following week. The thinking here is it would still be difficult for Vollmer to play in Atlanta after being unable to go through two practices earlier in the week.

Special teams captain Matthew Slater (broken wrist) was the only player missing from the workout.​

Week 4: Friday practice peek - Vollmer returns | Shalise Manza Young | Boston Globe

The Patriots are on the field for their final practice of the week before their game in Atlanta on Sunday night, with players in shells and shorts/sweats.

Tackle Sebastian Vollmer (foot) was back on the field after missing Wednesday and Thursday; however, in the past, if a player does not practice on Thursday for the Patriots, he does not play in the game. By that standard, it still seems unlikely Vollmer will suit up against the Falcons, and Marcus Cannon remains in line to make his second career start.

Vollmer's presence means that only Matthew Slater (wrist) was missing.​

Re: Sebastian Vollmer returns to practice

I learned just this last week that if Vollmer's inactive, he will not play.
I am such a font of football knowledge.

Their injury report is indeed worse than ours.

BTW, will they have any backup OL's who have any NFL reps?

Backup C/G Joe Hawley started 12 games in 2011; he was drafted in the 4th round in 2010 out of UNLV.

Backup G Harland Gunn has zero starts; he was an UDFA out of Miami that spent most of 2012 on the Saints and Falcons practice squads, and was on Atlanta's 53-man roster for six games but had no game action.

Backup T Ryan Schrader is a 25 year old UDFA rookie from Division II Valdosta State with no experience.

For their starting offensive linemen:

LT Lamar Holmes is in his 2nd season and has 3 starts, all this year.

LG Justin Blatlock is in his 7th year and has been a starter since he was a rookie.

C Peter Konz is in his 2nd season and a starter both years.

RG Garrett Reynolds entered the NFL in 2009 and has 16 career starts.

RT Jeremy Trueblood was a six-year starter with Tampa Bay from 2006-2011.

Last edited:
Re: Sebastian Vollmer returns to practice

I learned just this last week that if Vollmer's inactive, he will not play.
I am such a font of football knowledge.

ha-hah! You are indeed! Thanks for sharing the knowledge. :)

Erik Scalavino @E_Scal
#Falcons have added CB Asante Samuel added to injury report with thigh issue. He's Questionable for #Patriots game Sunday night.

I believe it's Vollmer that would have to block Johnson, if my memory serves me correctly. If that's the case, it would be nice to have Vollmer in there. Cannon is an okay back-up RT, but his lateral quickness isn't ideal.

Hmmmm ...... there's a TE I know who could greatly help in that area.

UPDATE: Saturday, Sept. 28
Jeff Howe of The Boston Herald has the latest on why Gronk hasn't made his return to the field yet:
Tight end Rob Gronkowski and the Patriots have a disagreement over his availability for tomorrow's game against the Falcons, two sources have told the Herald.

The Patriots believe Gronkowski is healthy enough to make his season debut after an offseason that included back surgery and a series of arm procedures. However, Gronkowski and his camp are wary about returning too soon, particularly after last season when he broke his forearm and then re-injured it when he returned for the playoffs.

This divide isn't new this week, either. The Patriots believed during training camp that Gronkowski could potentially be ready as early as Week 2 for the Jets game, but Gronkowski was eying a target date closer to Week 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back