PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots at Falcons Week 4 Injury Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Sebastian Vollmer misses second practice, decreases likelihood of Sunday's availability | Jeff Howe | Boston Herald

Right tackle Sebastian Vollmer missed his second consecutive practice today with a sprained foot, and the absence makes it more unlikely that he'll be available for Sunday's game against the Falcons. Of course, Vollmer has enough tenure to squeeze in one practice and still play in the game, but the inability to get through the first two practices of the week isn't a great omen for the weekend.

If Vollmer can't play, Marcus Cannon would likely start at right tackle. Will Svitek, who has missed three games with a knee injury, is also in the mix.

Special teams captain Matthew Slater was also out. He's already missed one game with a broken wrist and is expected to miss at least three more.

The Patriots practiced in shells.​

INJURY REPORT: White, Baker, Jackson did not practice | Atlanta Falcons | www.ajc.com

Falcons wide receiver Roddy White (ankle), running back Steven Jackson (hamstring) and left tackle Sam Baker (foot, knee) did not practice on Wednesday.

Wide receiver Julio Jones (knee), center Peter Konz (knee) and right guard Garrett Reynolds (knee) were limited in practice.

Cornerback Bobby McClain (knee) and Josh Vaughan (ankle) fully participated in practice.​

Sebastian Vollmer misses second practice, decreases likelihood of Sunday's availability | Jeff Howe | Boston Herald

Right tackle Sebastian Vollmer missed his second consecutive practice today with a sprained foot, and the absence makes it more unlikely that he'll be available for Sunday's game against the Falcons. Of course, Vollmer has enough tenure to squeeze in one practice and still play in the game, but the inability to get through the first two practices of the week isn't a great omen for the weekend.

If Vollmer can't play, Marcus Cannon would likely start at right tackle. Will Svitek, who has missed three games with a knee injury, is also in the mix.

Special teams captain Matthew Slater was also out. He's already missed one game with a broken wrist and is expected to miss at least three more.

The Patriots practiced in shells.

I 'm expecting genius BB to revolutionize the game unveiling the Ninja Turtle defense Sunday.

Konz & Reynolds having a gimpy Knee each sounds like great news for Wilfork!

Hopefully Vollmer will be fine for the Bengals game if not this week too.

I believe it's Vollmer that would have to block Johnson, if my memory serves me correctly. If that's the case, it would be nice to have Vollmer in there. Cannon is an okay back-up RT, but his lateral quickness isn't ideal.

If there's ever a good time to get the Falcons, it's when White, Baker and Jackson are out. Wouldn't read too much into Jones being limited; he's been that way all season so far, and it hasn't stopped him from putting up elite numbers.

If there's ever a good time to get the Falcons, it's when White, Baker and Jackson are out. Wouldn't read too much into Jones being limited; he's been that way all season so far, and it hasn't stopped him from putting up elite numbers.

Roddy White might be in gimp mode, but no way he's out.

Atlanta's offensive line currently looks like this:

LT..............LG.............C.............RG..............RT
Lamar........Justin.........Peter........Garrett........Jeremy
Holmes......Blaylock......Konz........Reynolds......Trueblood

Backup C: Joe Hawley
Backup G: Harland Gunn
Backup T: Ryan Schraeder

Last edited:
Believe it or not, their injury report looks worse than ours. If White and Jackson can't go and Jones is limited, I like our chances!

Believe it or not, their injury report looks worse than ours. If White and Jackson can't go and Jones is limited, I like our chances!

You do realize that Jackson hasn't played the last few weeks and is not expected to play for another couple weeks right?

Roddy will play, won't be much of a factor, but nonetheless, he'll play as a decoy.

Jackson is out. White will play but he is clearly struggling with that injury.

I don't put any stock with Jones being listed as limited, I believe he has been limited in practice since week 2 practice.

You do realize that Jackson hasn't played the last few weeks and is not expected to play for another couple weeks right?

Roddy will play, won't be much of a factor, but nonetheless, he'll play as a decoy.

Yes, I realize that. Just pointing out that there is one less good player to worry about. White's numbers are way down this year, no? Probably due to nagging injuries and getting old. Jones is the one we really have to worry about. "Glad" to see him on the injury report too. Didn't know he was having issues.

Yes, I realize that. Just pointing out that there is one less good player to worry about. White's numbers are way down this year, no? Probably due to nagging injuries and getting old. Jones is the one we really have to worry about. "Glad" to see him on the injury report too. Didn't know he was having issues.

White has been dealing with a high ankle sprain since the preseason. That's why he's been a non-factor even when he's played (less than 20 yards per game). If the last three weeks are any indication, he will play and will be a nonfactor.

Jones being limited in practice means nothing. He's been listed the same way on the injury report every week this season, hasn't stopped him from leading the NFL in receiving yards.

As another poster mentioned, Jackson hasn't played in 2 weeks and won't play for a couple more. The last couple of weeks have demonstrated that Rodgers and Snelling are a capable duo out of the backfield, though of course they're no Jackson.

If Sam Baker can't go, that will actually be a pretty big deal. He missed last week too, and replacing your starting LT is never easy. The Dolphins weren't able to exploit that too well, basically because their entire pass rush comes from Cameron Wake and he got hurt. The Pats should be much more able to capitalize on his absence.

Roddy White might be in gimp mode, but no way he's out.

He might as well be out, at this point. Honestly don't understand why he's even playing. His high ankle sprain has put him down to sub-JAG level; might as well rest, heal up, let someone else produce better in his absence, and come back when he's healthy.

Roddy wont be out..but he will be gimpy and nowhere near 100%

I 'm expecting genius BB to revolutionize the game unveiling the Ninja Turtle defense Sunday.

As long as the corners stop looking back for the ball I'm all for it.
chuck-norris-thumbs-up.jpg

As long as the corners stop looking back for the ball I'm all for it.

Wait, I thought the huge complaint about the corners over these last few years was they don't turn around and look for the ball.

Yes, but Vince has a gimpy foot...

Their injury report is indeed worse than ours.

BTW, will have any backup OL's who have any NFL reps?

Friday morning; Vollmer Back at Practice

Mary Paoletti @Mary_Paoletti
#Patriots Friday practice: Vollmer (foot) is back for shells session. Slater only absence.

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe
On Vollmer, it's common for the Pats to get a player back on the field Friday as part of the recovery process for the following week.

----I agree with Howe - - don't get too excited - - it's POSSIBLE he plays Sunday, but more probable this is just getting him ready to go full tilt for next week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back