PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Inactives: Edelman, Slater, Simmons, Wheatley, Pryor, Ohrnberger, BJGE, Connolly

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://twitter.com/realpatriots

Tonight's inactives are Connolly, Edelman, Green-Ellis, Ohrnberger, Pryor, Simmons, Slater and Wheatley.

Here's how the inactives were listed on the injury report:

S - Matthew Slater
OUT - Elbow*

WR - Julian Edelman
QUESTIONABLE - Ankle**

DT - Myron Pryor
QUESTIONABLE - Calf**

CB - Terrence Wheatley
QUESTIONABLE - Knee**

OG/C - Dan Connolly
QUESTIONABLE - Back**

RB - BenJarvus Green-Ellis
-none-

OG - Kendall Simmons
-none-

OG/C - Rich Ohrnberger
-none-

And the active players on the injury report:

QUESTIONABLE
WR - Wes Welker (Knee)**

PROBABLE
QB - Tom Brady (Right Shoulder)***
S - Bret Lockett (Chest)***
RB - Sammy Morris (Finger)***
CB - Shawn Springs (Knee)***
TE - Benjamin Watson (Hamstring)***

* = did not participate in practice
** = limited participation in practice
*** = full participation in practice

Tonight's Expected Depth Chart:

QB - Brady
QB - Hoyer

RB - Taylor
RB - Maroney
RB - Faulk
RB/FB - Morris

TE - Baker
TE - Watson
TE - Matthews

WR - Moss
WR - Welker
WR - Galloway

WR - Aiken

LT - Light
LG - Mankins
C - Koppen
RG - Neal
RT - Kaczur

OT - Vollmer
OG/C - Wendell

LE - Warren
LDT - Wilfork
RDT - Green
RE - Banta-Cain

DE - Burgess
DT - Wright
DT - Brace

SLB - Thomas
MLB - Mayo
WLB - Guyton

OLB - Woods
OLB - Ninkovich
ILB - Alexander

LCB - Wilhite
RCB - Bodden
S - Meriweather
S - J. Sanders

CB - Springs
CB - Butler
S - McGowan
S - Chung
S - Lockett

K - Gostkowski
P - Hanson
LS - Ingram

Last edited:
Re: Inactives: Edelman, Slater, Simmons, Wheatley, Pryor, Ohrnberger, BJGE, Connolly

Nice that Welker's hopefully good to go.

Re: Inactives: Edelman, Slater, Simmons, Wheatley, Pryor, Ohrnberger, BJGE, Connolly

2 things:

1.) Wheatley as an inactive is an interesting thing, and let's hope Springs is ready

2.) How is it Possible that BJGE is inactive? :eek: I mean, that depth chart, that hard running, etc.....

Good to see Welker and Springs confirmed. Would have been nice if there had been room for Pryor.

Bills: WR Steve Johnson, CB Drayton Florence, CB Ellis Lankster, LB Ashlee Palmer, OL Kirk Chambers, TE Derek Fine, DE Chris Ellis.

Last edited:

per RealPatriots.

thanks,pats1......been waiting for this.......thia list is all good....welker starts.....can't have 4 RB's active.Whilhite is OK.........IMO,Shawn Springs is a very,very,good corner.....always has played press coverage against big receivers,like TO...........btw,TO says Leigh Bodden is the best CB,he faced.

........let the games begin.......Strength and Honor.

Like I said yesterday in picking them....BUT..I think one could deduce that a bunch would be gone because of injuries...
Wendell over Simmons because I don't think KS is totally ready...Wendell knows teh system and the positions...
Wheatley has been injured...so he's not ready to go..if he HAD been he'd be out there because he plays ST and is fast.
Green-Ellis..because they don't need to have 5 RBS active...

Still not accepting you were totally wrong about BJGE, eh?

No matter. Maroney, Morris, and Taylor are not known for their durability and one or more will surely be out at some point, at which time you will be glad to have BJGE on the team. Or you can stay in denial, but he will be valuable this season.

2 things:

1.) Wheatley as an inactive is an interesting thing, and let's hope Springs is ready

2.) How is it Possible that BJGE is inactive? :eek: I mean, that depth chart, that hard running, etc.....

Have you calibrated your sarcasm detector recently? :)

Re: Pats Inactives: Edelman, Slater, Simmons, Wheatley, Pryor, Ohrnberger, BJGE, Conn

Nice -- nothing to alarm or even surprise, given the injury report.

(Surely even the BJGE bongo players knew that his wire-to-wire showing in preseason #4 signaled "gameday inactive," no?)

Re: Pats Inactives: Edelman, Slater, Simmons, Wheatley, Pryor, Ohrnberger, BJGE, Conn

Sooooo, will any of those suggesting NE cut Wendell to sign a veteran QB reassess their positions? :confused2: Probably not.

Probably because I wasn't. I said that he was #5 of 5 running backs and that the only way the kept him was if they kept them all. Now, I didn't think they'd keep 5 because they had Thomas playing the fullback spot, but acting as if I was "totally wrong" when he's the ....... #5 running back, as I asserted, is a bit silly.

Now, join in with some of the other 'haters' who were saying such things as "Maroney will never take another snap for New England". Come on, be brave!

What??? Future HoF LawFirm is inactive??? We're so dooomeeed!!! :eek:

Wait, now I get it... today it's just the Bills... we're saving him for the Titans and the Chargers... :cool:

Probably because I wasn't. I said that he was #5 of 5 running backs and that the only way the kept him was if they kept them all. Now, I didn't think they'd keep 5 because they had Thomas playing the fullback spot, but acting as if I was "totally wrong" when he's the ....... #5 running back, as I asserted, is a bit silly.

Now, join in with some of the other 'haters' who were saying such things as "Maroney will never take another snap for New England". Come on, be brave!
I like Maroney. Have from the beginning. If he can just hit the hole faster he will be awesome. Or maybe be used more on swing passes.

I like all our RBs. But man up. I define "totally wrong" as saying a guy won't make the team, making a big deal about it, poking fun at htose who say the duy will make the team, and then ... whoops ... the guy makes the team.

Long before you treaded water on BJGE you said he couldn't make the team. He is a lot better than some of you thought, and some evidently still think.

Give it up. He's on the team, active or inactive. Accept it.

I still believe that when Simmons is healthy, there will be no need for Wendell or Connolly.

Sooooo, will any of those suggesting NE cut Wendell to sign a veteran QB reassess their positions? :confused2: Probably not.

I also hope that Springs is ready. However, I don't see the relationship to Wheatley. We have 10 defensive backs and Wheatley is 9 or 10 and inactive.

Even if Springs isn't healthy enough to to play a major role, we still have Bodden, Wilhite and Butler.

2 things:

Cool. My binky Ninky (Ninkovich) is active.:)

This is pretty good. If everyone were 100% healthy, I'd have only two of these inactives on the active roster: Simmons and Slater.

Cool. My binky Ninky (Ninkovich) is active.:)

With the current group of LB's and DE/OLB's, I would not expect to see any of the players at those positions inactive at any time in the season, unless they are injured.

No surprises on the injury report...

I like Maroney. Have from the beginning. If he can just hit the hole faster he will be awesome. Or maybe be used more on swing passes.

I like all our RBs. But man up. I define "totally wrong" as saying a guy won't make the team, making a big deal about it, poking fun at htose who say the duy will make the team, and then ... whoops ... the guy makes the team.

Long before you treaded water on BJGE you said he couldn't make the team. He is a lot better than some of you thought, and some evidently still think.

Give it up. He's on the team, active or inactive. Accept it.

So you define "Totally wrong" as "Not totally wrong at all, or even close to totally wrong, but I'll claim it anyway".

Got it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes