PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey Pats fans - how do you think Tony Romo would do in the Pats' system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tony romo would put up big number's with welker and moss as he's WR

but big number's in the regular season dose not = playoff win's and SB win's

Troy Aikman a HOF.... QB never throw for 3500 yerd's and only had 20 TD one time but he won 3 SB he only made a few big play's but he made all must no bad play's he let the D and the runing game win the SB

even brady never won a SB in a year that he throw for 4000 yerd's

dose that mean you cant win a SB with a big time passing game NO but you cant just live and die off of the big play in the passing game

you need to learn how to take what the D is giveing you as a QB the 2007 pats lived and died off of the big play when they got in the SB they forgot how to play patriot football take what the D will give you and get first downs not look to be the star and throw the ball 50 yerd's down the field on every play

when romo learn's that he will start to win some playoff game's

I really dislike Romo too, I think there are much worse players out there, but he just doesnt fill me with any confidence .. I cant remember the game but a couple of years ago im sure there was a december game where he was trying to get the game back, and he wasted all his timeouts and things and made bad plays, can anywon recall the game?

Damn- if you agree with me, then I'm probably wrong. Time to go back and rethink my position.

Similar to how I consider art from obscenity, I consider all posts on a case-by-case basis. It's (usually) never personal, just business. Besides, most of us agree with each other more than we probably realize, anyway.

Last edited:
Just curious - do you think he would excel in this system, and shrug away all his "flaws"? Or do you think he'll be a liability in this offense?

Also - here in Dallas last year, alot of people(but not me) were pointing fingers at Terrell Owens b/c supposedly, his whining and crying over wanting to be happy and get the ball alot ended up hurting Romo's reads when he would drop back in the pocket. Well...despite a dangerous running game now that Jason Garrett is utilizing...well...let's just say you can't blame someone else for your own problems.

The fact of the matter is that Romo would never make it in the Pats' system. He is the anti-Brady. People compare them because Romo was the flavor of the moment and both date famous women, but that is where the comparisons end.

Romo doesn't do the film work needed to be prepared. He is unaware of situations on the field. He relies to much on his physical skills rather than his mental skills.

Other than maybe Peyton Manning, there is no QB more prepared for a game and aware of everything around him than Brady. Brady uses his mental skills over his physical ones. If Brady prepared himself like Romo does, he would have been out of the league by now.

I don't see Belichick ever giving the reigns to Romo in any circumstance. He is not a guy who fits into the Pats' system.

If our "system" can make Cassel look like what he lookedl like last year, I'd say our "system" can make Romo a Pro-Bowler.

I'm serious.

He's got enough playmaking abilities and arm strength. He just looks like he doesn't have much direction as far as how to attack a defense right now. Too much free-lancing and that could be due to lack of direction from Garrett.

The bolded part is why you are probably wrong about your initial statement. Cassel succeeded because he was well prepared and played the game smart. He (to quote the cliche term) "played within himself". I don't see Romo doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back