PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Herald: Father would be upset

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this guy not know how overly disrespectful it is to write that someone's deceased father would be ashamed of them?

If I'm BB, knocking this guy out is at the top of my list of things to do after the season

This Gelzinis is a gomer, no need to Bring BBs dad into this, I mean criticize the guy all you want but it is not like he shot the Pope.
no? nothing is scared for a piece of sh!t reporter, who makes $27K/ year, and NONE of us has ever heard of before?

Last edited:
Some support for the coach that has brought the region three SB's would be nice. Instead we get lectures from the ungrateful bastards. Obviously there are exceptions in the business though.

I don't mean to tell it like it is, but the local papers do not work for the Patriots and they owe them nothing. The Herald and Globe are not the PR macine for anyone in the Pats organization. If the Patriots do something positive, the news is positive. If the team does something negative, the news will be negative.

Give them time, eventually the stories will change. Anyone in the news industry knows that thse types of stories are to be expected.

touching :rolleyes:

Way to make use of the whole "father dying" to really put some oooomph into the story. This guy deserves a serious b*tchslap IMO..... What a tool.

I don't mean to tell it like it is, but the local papers do not work for the Patriots and they owe them nothing. The Herald and Globe are not the PR macine for anyone in the Pats organization. If the Patriots do something positive, the news is positive. If the team does something negative, the news will be negative.

Give them time, eventually the stories will change. Anyone in the news industry knows that thse types of stories are to be expected.

no, actually, any time there is news that will sell papers, that is what people will see.

I wonder if Gelzinis father is still alive? If not, I wonder if he is rolling over in his grave out of shame that his son is a douchebag hack writer

no, actually, any time there is news that will sell papers, that is what people will see.

Patriots do something well, papers sell. Patriots do bad, papers will sell.

Easiest way to avoid it all, stop buying papers and stop giving them hits on their Web site.

Has Gelzinis watched Navy play lately?

I'm not going to call them dirty or anything, but the whole style of play is about chop blocks and especially crackback blocks, so that their option can rip teams. They have a hard time pulling players in, so this is what they have to do to compete. I'm fine with that as long as my team isn't playing them. I've watched a lot of players go down to injuries against Navy, and they get away with it because the refs give them so much deference.

One of the truly tasteless, gutless, pu*** write-ups I've half read during this whole videogate fiasco. And yes, it pissed me off for the hack fronting as a journalist has no place going there.

To invoke BB's father's name to sell newspapers is about as low as whale crap.. come on now, if you look at the facts he did not do all that much, this whole thing is such an overreaction and distraction...

Careful when posting articles here...some people feel this forum is gonna get sued or something because of it.

Last fall, at the age of 86, Steve Belichick passed away in what his son described as a perfect ending. .

Didn't Steve Belichick pass away two years ago?

this is uncalled for. No need to bring his family into it to make an emotional column. No one knows how BB feels about this himself or his family does let alone what his late father wouldve felt.

this is uncalled for. No need to bring his family into it to make an emotional column. No one knows how BB feels about this himself or his family does let alone what his late father wouldve felt.

Exactly. The piece is sentimental nonsense.

You know what? I find it to be crass and cheap to bring a man's dead father into this. It's just so out of bounds.

How does Peter Gelzanis know what Steve Belichick would have thought of his son?

The relationship between a father and a son goes so much deeper than some media pinhead could ever portray. Especially THIS father and son, who shared a massive bond called "coaching football".

How do we know that is wasn't Steve Belichick who taught his son, "Do whatever it takes to win" and maybe the son just misinterpreted in this one case?

Maybe Steve Belichick taught young Bill to get whatever he could, wherever and whenver he could. We don't know.

We do know this:

Steve Belichick played and coached in an era when football was much more of a man's game, and when players and coaches were much tougher than the pampered prima donnas of today's game.

The men of Steve Belichick's era never would have whined the way Michael Strahan, LaDaintyass Tomlinson, Donovan McNabb, et al, are doing today.

They would take losses like men, go out and work hard to get better, and do their talking on the field.

And you know - you absolutely KNOW - that the men of Steve Belichick's era respected the sacred privelege of the coaching fraternity and would NEVER have violated it in the way Mangini has.

Can you picture Paul Brown, Tom Landry, Chuck Noll accusing a fellow coach of impropriety in public and sending his security guards to basically assault an employee on the other coach's staff?

Steve Belichick kust might want to wring Eric Mangini's fat neck, for all we know!

I didn't know Steve Mangini, but I believe I understand the men of his era.

My guess is THAT type of man stands by his son through thick and thin and if he does have a beef, he works out behind closed doors, as it should be done, not on the public stage with all the pencil necks from the media.

Anyone know where I might find this writer's e-mail address. This is low, low cheap-shot journalism, execrable even by the Herald's exacting standards.

I know we can't post addresses on here so if anyone has it, I'd be grateful if they pm'd it to me.

Thanks

This dirt bag owes it to his readers to telltehm how many times he actually met Steve Belichick. Where and when did he have intimate conversations with Steve so he can form his opinion.

If I had to guess, I would say -NONE. Just another media tool passing gas. If anyone takes what he writes seriously, then that's your fault.

touching :rolleyes:

Way to make use of the whole "father dying" to really put some oooomph into the story. This guy deserves a serious b*tchslap IMO..... What a tool.

Couldn't agree more. This is really stooping to a new low for media.:mad:

Fellers,

Do what I did. Go to the Herald online, find the column, and leave your comments there for everyone to see. Then call the herald City Desk and let them know exactly how you feel about this column, Tomase's idiotic ravings, Felger, and all the other Gerald articles that are so out-of-touch with what is actually happening.

I told the lady at the City Desk, in a nice and respectful manner, how absolutely disappointed I was in this column today, and in Tomase & their Sports Staff in general. I switched to the herald because of this sort of crap in the Globe, and now they are wallowing in the same trough as the others.

What a bunch a maroons. However, please DO call the City Desk and let them know how you feel.

Respects,

I'll bet you that author never met Bill's dad or even read the Halberstam book because if he did, he'd know that Bill's dad was totally paraniod about people stealing his information.

Bill's dad would think this was totally overblown and he would be disgusted with the media over what they are doing to his son's character.

Frankly, I'm worried about Bill's mom. She's in her 80's and i'll bet she's angry as a wet hen this morning about what they are saying about her son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes