PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question. There are those on this site claiming that Belichick will keep him on the final roster, so the real question is whether they actually believe he has earned it or if they simply think they should keep him because they like Tim Tebow?
Has he earned a spot on the roster as a #3 QB? No. So whether or not he makes the final roster will show how Belichick plans to use him and why he was brought in. If he was brought in to be a backup QB, then he will be cut. But if he was brought in for other reasons, he will make the team.

Australian football (rugby) rules that differ from traditional Rugby

The major differences are in the shape of the pitch (oval vs rectangle), the methods of passing (any direction from the hand not just backwards), the number of players on a team (18 vs 15 or 13), the number of posts to score through (4 not 2, no crossbar) and the methods of scoring (through the posts, not touching down).

Method of scoring: In rugby, you can score by three ways, Try - the quivalent of a Touchdown (either earned naturally or awarded via a penalty), a penalty goal/drop goal, or a conversion (think of it as a PAT).

In Aussie rules, there are two types of score, a goal (6 pts.) and a behind(1 pt.). If the ball is kicked through the central goalposts this is a goal, whereas if the ball is kicked through the outer posts it is a behind. Goals can only be scored when the ball is kicked by a player from the attacking team. If the ball hits one of the central posts it is also a behind. If the ball has been moved over the goal-line by any defending players one point is awarded. If the ball hits one of the outer posts it is called as out of bounds.

What is the difference between australian rules football and rugby? - Sports Stack Exchange

It's called Football and not Rugby. I think that's what Ausbacker was questioning.

It's another way of saying cheating

tumblr_m3rtyerfHZ1qir45xo1_500.gif

:ukflag:
:p

Australian football (rugby) rules that differ from traditional Rugby

The major differences are in the shape of the pitch (oval vs rectangle), the methods of passing (any direction from the hand not just backwards), the number of players on a team (18 vs 15 or 13), the number of posts to score through (4 not 2, no crossbar) and the methods of scoring (through the posts, not touching down).

Method of scoring: In rugby, you can score by three ways, Try - the quivalent of a Touchdown (either earned naturally or awarded via a penalty), a penalty goal/drop goal, or a conversion (think of it as a PAT).

In Aussie rules, there are two types of score, a goal (6 pts.) and a behind(1 pt.). If the ball is kicked through the central goalposts this is a goal, whereas if the ball is kicked through the outer posts it is a behind. Goals can only be scored when the ball is kicked by a player from the attacking team. If the ball hits one of the central posts it is also a behind. If the ball has been moved over the goal-line by any defending players one point is awarded. If the ball hits one of the outer posts it is called as out of bounds.

What is the difference between australian rules football and rugby? - Sports Stack Exchange
This is Australian Rules Football (Australian Football League) (2012 AFL Grand Final Highlights)

This is Rugby League (2012 NRL Grand Final Highlights)

This is Rugby Union (2013 Super XV Grand Final Highlights)

I ask you once more, WTF is Australian Rules Rugby? :p

(Yes, I'm **** stirring you guys.)

:p

This is Australian Rules Football (Australian Football League) (2012 AFL Grand Final Highlights)

This is Rugby League 2012 NRL Grand Final Highlights

This is Rugby Union 2013 Super XV Grand Final Highlights

SO I ask you once more, WTF is Australian Rules Rugby? :p

Ok Ill change it in the official list. You got it.

OFFICIAL :ideas for future Tebow polls
1. Is Tim Tebow really a virgin?
2. Can Tim Tebow be President if he was born in the Philippines?
3. Has there ever been a worse QB than Tim Tebow?
4. Who thinks Tebow should be banned from the NFL after he is cut from the Patriots?
5. Should Tim Tebow try out for Australian football ?(I still think its a variation of Rugby but I digress)
6. Can Tim Tebow play linebacker in the Arena league?
7. Do you think Tim Tebow is taking PEDs?
8. If Tim Tebow fell in a forest would he make a noise ?
9. Is Tim Tebow the worst professional athlete in the history of American sports?
10. Should Tim Tebow consider anchoring the Jamaican bob sled team once he is cut from the NFL?
11. Does Tim Tebow believe in ghost?
12. Can Tim Tebow turn to acting and play a Jedi in the new Star wars movie?
13. Will Tim Tebow cry after he is cut from the Patriots like he did against Alabama?
14. What are the chances Tim Tebow catches on to another NFL team as the strength coach?
15. If you could give one super power to Tim Tebow what would it be?

They can call it flowers and flower pots...its still Rugby with slightly altered rules but I understand.

You mean like The National Football League (which really is Rugby with some rule alterations).

You are also guilty of spamming stupid threads. This did not need a poll so you can start imaginary arguments.
Isn't that for the mods to decide? :eek:

So who made you judge, jury, executioner? :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

Serious question. There are those on this site claiming that Belichick will keep him on the final roster, so the real question is whether they actually believe he has earned it or if they simply think they should keep him because they like Tim Tebow?

If we selected players based on forum threads opened, Tebow would not only make the team but he'd start on offense, defense, and return kicks and punts.

Isn't that for the mods to decide? :eek:

So who made you judge, jury, executioner? :rolleyes:

Sounds like Ivan is getting to you. :p

I got way past that and even offered to help the OP with future Tebow polls for the front page, here are 5 more.

16. Should Tebow finally start learning how to throw right handed?
17. Do you believe in the many world's theory and if yes do you think there is a Tebow in a parallel universe that is passing over 50% completion percentage?
18. Should the NFL change the rules for Tebow and count passes into the ground as completions?
19. If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut,why can't Tebow fix his throwing motion?
20. Does Tebow know the reason why glue does not stick to the inside of the bottle?

OFFICIAL LIST :ideas for future Tebow polls
4. Who thinks Tebow should be banned from the NFL after he is cut from the Patriots?
5. Should Tim Tebow try out for Australian football ?(I still think its a variation of Rugby but I digress)
9. Is Tim Tebow the worst professional athlete in the history of American sports?
10. Should Tim Tebow consider anchoring the Jamaican bob sled team once he is cut from the NFL?
13. Will Tim Tebow cry after he is cut from the Patriots like he did against Alabama?
14. What are the chances Tim Tebow catches on to another NFL team as the strength coach?
17. Do you believe in the many world's theory and if yes do you think there is a Tebow in a parallel universe that is passing over 50% completion percentage?
18. Should the NFL change the rules for Tebow and count passes into the ground as completions?
19. If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut,why can't Tebow fix his throwing motion?
20. Does Tebow know the reason why glue does not stick to the inside of the bottle?

More polls you can post before the inevitable cut.

Sounds like Ivan is getting to you. :p

I understand it fully, what you are apparently missing is that in pretty much every case those fans are making an argument for them deserving to be on the team because they actually root for that team and want them to win, what makes this unique is that none of Tebow's fans can actually make that case but want him on it anyways. And the truth is that the vast majority are not even Patriot fans so they really don't give a crap if the Patriots win but rather just want their hero to have a team to call home.

Every player that i want on this team is based upon their ability to actually help them win, because that is what matters to me, you on the other hand were rooting for the Jets last season and Denver the one before that, and stopped rooting for those teams when Tebow left them, so you really don't care about who he plays for but only that he is on a roster, and that is an indisputable fact. So the person who "doesn't get it" is actually you. You want a guy you admit hasn't earned a spot to be on the team, that is moronic.

Pure bull****. When talking about guys that will probably be filling out the bottom of the roster, many people here have their favorites, or their "binky" that they hope will make the team. Guys that probably won't contribute much at all this year, but might develop after a year in the Pats system.

Again, your problem is that you don't appear to recognize the difference between someone hoping or wanting a guy to make the roster, versus believing that he should no matter what.

I got way past that and even offered to help the OP with future Tebow polls for the front page, here are 5 more.

OFFICIAL LIST :ideas for future Tebow polls
I don't care about YOUR stupid polls!

:bricks: :bricks: :bricks:

Re: Re: Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

Ok Ill change it in the official list. You got it.

OFFICIAL :ideas for future Tebow polls

Now this deserves its own thread...

http://www.uproxx.com/sports/2009/07/15-questions-i-would-ask-tim-tebow/

http://elitedaily.com/sports/10-better-things-tim-tebow-could-be-doing-with-his-life/

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjkiebus/things-we-can-expect-from-tim-tebow-on-the-patriots?s=mobile

A few things have me worried about the Tebow situation:

(1) The idea Tebow is so delusional that he actually believes he can play quarterback in the NFL and succeed.

(2) The idea he could make the roster with no immediate prospect of contributing meaningfully on the field of play.

(3) The idea that someone who COULD help this team playing special teams or in a spot role would be cut to make room for him.

(4) The preposterous idea that coaches somehow believe he can be groomed into a legitimate NFL quarterback.

If this guy makes the roster, my view of reality will be directly challenged.

A few things have me worried about the Tebow situation:

(1) The idea Tebow is so delusional that he actually believes he can play quarterback in the NFL and succeed.

(2) The idea he could make the roster with no immediate prospect of contributing meaningfully on the field of play.

(3) The idea that someone who COULD help this team playing special teams or in a spot role would be cut to make room for him.

(4) The preposterous idea that coaches somehow believe he can be groomed into a legitimate NFL quarterback.

If this guy makes the roster, my view of reality will be directly challenged.

ac9b653401.jpg

BTW...lived with David and Tina and Chris on Benefit St back in the 70's...big Victorian three story...had to be 15 people from RISD and Brown living there...I bartended at the Brown Club student lounge...they'd play on Friday nights....geez, a million years ago....I was so different then...

SHHHH!!!! He's arguing with his imaginary "Tebowite" dollies. He tries and tries to tell them the "truth", but they just won't stop clamoring!

NewsDolls.jpg
So which one is your Tebow doll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes