PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't get it, NO ONE WILL TALK ABOUT TEBOW WHEN HE IS GONE. I feel better now.

Or so you might think. If you're bored and pressed for something to do, take a sec to visit the major Broncos boards or Jets boards. Guess what you will find there ? Yep, current threads about Tebow :)

The ironic thing is that most of us who are the "invading Horde of Tebowites" aren't posting on those sites or in those threads.

It's the damnedest thing I have seen :)

Re: Re: Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

Pure bull****. When talking about guys that will probably be filling out the bottom of the roster, many people here have their favorites, or their "binky" that they hope will make the team. Guys that probably won't contribute much at all this year, but might develop after a year in the Pats system.

This is the only way as a fan you could justify him being on the roster is if you admitted it was purely based on favortism. Which is as you said fine because everyone does it to a degree with players they've followed over the years.

Again, your problem is that you don't appear to recognize the difference between someone hoping or wanting a guy to make the roster, versus believing that he should no matter what.

On the flip side based on what us as fans have been been privy too you could never argue he is deserving of a roster spot. Based on what has been viewable he is probably the least deserving of any player that's participated in the preseason.

Man there is some funny stuff there , I think the OP has enough with 20 Tebow polls though, he has 4 days until he might be cut , so he can post 5 a day easy until then.

I don't think he will be cut, I'm expecting a major injury to occure in the next preseason game that will force him on to IR ;);)

Interesting. 8 Tebowites say he has earned a spot on the roster yet none can articulate what he has done to deserve it.

WEEI discussed Tebow at length today, some of the callers were priceless. Reference were made about Tebow being the next OC :lol:

Man there is some funny stuff there , I think the OP has enough with 20 Tebow polls though, he has 4 days until he might be cut , so he can post 5 a day easy until then.

He really should consider the "banging girls" option, it would probably be more fun than football.

Interesting. 8 Tebowites say he has earned a spot on the roster yet none can articulate what he has done to deserve it.

Chop chop ! Time is wasting , I gave you 20 more polls to post , get to it before its too late !

Pure bull****. When talking about guys that will probably be filling out the bottom of the roster, many people here have their favorites, or their "binky" that they hope will make the team. Guys that probably won't contribute much at all this year, but might develop after a year in the Pats system.

Again, your problem is that you don't appear to recognize the difference between someone hoping or wanting a guy to make the roster, versus believing that he should no matter what.

The real difference is wanting someone to make the team to help it or wanting someone to make the team just because you like them, which is the sign of someone who really doesn't give a sh.t about the team, just the player.

Guys like Legarrette Blount, Brandon Bolden, Julian Edelman, Jermaine Cunningham, Niko Koutavides, and Daniel Fells etc......, i.e. guys who could actually play and contribute something to the team are on the bubble and may end up on the street while a fumbling machine who can't pass to save his life sticks, and that is crap. the fact that you don't even know enough about this team to realize the quality of their 53rd player once again demonstrates that you really don't give one crap about this team, only Timmy. I will take the player who earns the job every time over the cult hero who can't play, and the fact that his most ardent supporters can't make any argument whatsoever as to what he has done to deserve a job speaks volumes on that issue.

There is a serious difference between being a fan of a team and a fan of a player, but that difference is clearly lost on you. I'm a patriots fan, and had Tebow come in here and shown he deserved to be on this team i would support it completely, you don't care about that you just want Timmy on a team, any team, and will root for any team that gives him a job.

Serious question. There are those on this site claiming that Belichick will keep him on the final roster, so the real question is whether they actually believe he has earned it or if they simply think they should keep him because they like Tim Tebow?

'Earned' by whose standard? You standard, my standard, or BB's standard? How to vote in a poll that's so ambiguous? What you mean by 'Earned' needs to be defined.

I suppose since Tim is on the Pats at this time he has 'earned' being here, even if it's only for an audition. Clearly the actual 'earned' evaluator is the Pats FO.

I think it's safe to say that if Tim makes the cut he has 'earned' it according to the Pats FO, regardless of what you and others may think.

The real question is, 'How does the Pats FO define 'earned' in Tim's regard.

3sds2h.jpg

probably in the same fashion that the Lake County jail determines good time reductions in sentences, Marcus....of course, you'd know way more than us stupid Pats fans about all that...

This is the only way as a fan you could justify him being on the roster is if you admitted it was purely based on favortism. Which is as you said fine because everyone does it to a degree with players they've followed over the years.

On the flip side based on what us as fans have been been privy too you could never argue he is deserving of a roster spot. Based on what has been viewable he is probably the least deserving of any player that's participated in the preseason.

Why can it only be based upon favouritism? Why not logic - there are logical steps that can be made that puts Tebow on the final roster and logical arguments against him being on the final roster. The one thing I am pretty sure of is that the decision as to whether or not Tebow makes it onto the final 53 will not be decided purely on his performance in a limited number of snaps in two pre-season games.

Why can it only be based upon favouritism? Why not logic - there are logical steps that can be made that puts Tebow on the final roster and logical arguments against him being on the final roster. The one thing I am pretty sure of is that the decision as to whether or not Tebow makes it onto the final 53 will not be decided purely on his performance in a limited number of snaps in two pre-season games.

Fair point I may of overlooked the long term planning aspect.

I vote Tebow to IR personally.

No, it's not based on favoritism. It would be based on the belief that Josh and Belichick could and would develop him. It's back to that "short term versus long term" view. IF they think they could develop Tebow into being a good backup at minimum, thereby allowing them to trade Mallett, then it might be worth the roster spot to them.

Problem here is that Belichick isn't going to be making his decision only based on "what's been viewable".

The real difference is wanting someone to make the team to help it or wanting someone to make the team just because you like them, which is the sign of someone who really doesn't give a sh.t about the team, just the player.

Guys like Legarrette Blount, Brandon Bolden, Julian Edelman, Jermaine Cunningham, Niko Koutavides etc......, i.e. guys who could actually play and contribute something to the team are on the bubble and may end up on the street while a fumbling machine who can't pass to save his life sticks, and that is crap. I will take the player who earns the job every time over the cult hero who can't play, and the fact that his most ardent supporters can't make any argument whatsoever as to what he has done to deserve a job speaks volumes on that issue.

There is a serious difference between being a fan of a team and a fan of a player, but that difference is clearly lost on you. I'm a patriots fan, and had Tebow come in here and shown he deserved to be on this team i would support it completely, you don't care about that you just want Timmy on a team, any team, and will root for any team that gives him a job.

Hahaha, help the Pats by your standard? Give it up Dude. There is no way any of us can get inside BB's head. What BB thinks is best for the Pats is good enough for me. BB doesn't bat 1000 with his decision accuracy but he's so good at making good decisions for the Pats, I'm not going to question him...like so many are doing relative to the Pats signing Tim to begin with.

Oh well.

What's even more strange is, a new Pats fan like me has more faith in the Pats HC (reminder: 3 freaking rings for the Pats alone) than many long time Pats fans. Go figure.

'Earned' by whose standard? You standard, my standard, or BB's standard? How to vote in a poll that's so ambiguous? What you mean by 'Earned' needs to be defined.

I suppose since Tim is on the Pats at this time he has 'earned' being here, even if it's only for an audition. Clearly the actual 'earned' evaluator is the Pats FO.

I think it's safe to say that if Tim makes the cut he has 'earned' it according to the Pats FO, regardless of what you and others may think.

Once again we have these discussions all the time and no one has ever questioned the meaning of it, they are only doing so now because they know they can't make a case for Tebow but really really really want him on the team because they love Timmy. we question trades, draft picks, and roster projections all the time and make our cases for those we think would help them the most, yet when it comes to tebow that's not allowed because he is Timmy and doesn't have to actually earn anything, he simply gets it for being Timmy, or at least that's what his supporters believe should happen. And when you actually ask them what he has done to deserve they cry foul and claim that he is being hated on.

Tens of thousands of Patriot fans have watched Tebow at camp this summer, and many more have watched him play in the pre-season games, and not one has made a case that he has performed well at any time, yet they have the audacity to claim that because we haven't seen how he performs in MEETINGS (lmfao), we really don't have the full story. Well guess what, i will give him that one, I bet he does awesome in meetings, I'll bet he doesn't fall asleep, wear sunglasses, and keeps both feet on the floor the whole time, but even given that when you play as badly as he has since he got here then you don't deserve to make the team, and as much as his supporters think he should get a blue ribbon and a place on the team that really is the bottom line in pro sports, not how nice a guy you are. However i will give him that one as well, if making the team is about being a nice guy then I will make the argument that he really has shown that he is nice enough to be on the nice guy 53.

IMHO no, but bill's opinion on what he is judging tim tebow might be different. We might be judging tebow on how bad he throws the ball, but bill might be judging him on how he reads defenses, runs with the ball and how he is progressing each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes