PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harrison activated; Rivers cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question, when you sign a two year deal, do you get some dough when you're cut in 5 days?

No, it doesn't matter if a player signs a 1-year deal or a 3,000-year deal.

Your paragraph 5 salary is split into 17 gamechecks (1 bye). Rivers won't be around to earn a gamecheck.

How is it that Chad Brown wasn't cut? Chad doesn't bring much of anything...Also, why bring Rivers back in the first place if you are just going to activate Rodney...
Doesn't make any sense to me at all. I am the King of the Belichick Blind-Faith Followers, and I am scratching my head at this one.

Serious question, when you sign a two year deal, do you get some dough when you're cut in 5 days?

IIRC, if you are on the 53-man roster on the Wednesday before the game, then you get paid for the game.

How is it that Chad Brown wasn't cut? Chad doesn't bring much of anything...Also, why bring Rivers back in the first place if you are just going to activate Rodney...

Part of the answer might be that releasing Chad Brown, while certainly justifiable, would leave us with only 8 LBs, incl. Izzo and Alexander; which is to say, with only 6 LBs. And I doubt that BB would feel comfortable having so few on the 53.

It's like Cincinnati coming to the game with only four linebackers on the roster.
Actually it is not...NOT even close..besides O'Callaghan, there is Vrabel...and?? They obvious feel that they need better special teams coverage and that is why Baker is here this week. I doubt it is because of having enough safeties..

Positional groupings
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff
A look at the positional groupings used by the Patriots' offense in Monday's 34-13 win over the Bengals:

3 WR/1 TE/1 RB -- 26 of 62 snaps
1 WR/2 TE/1 FB/1 RB -- 16 of 62
2 WR/2 TE/1 RB -- 9 of 62
4 WR/1 RB -- 5 of 62
3 TE/1 FB/1 RB -- 3 of 62
3 WR/2 RB -- 3 of 62

This leads me to believe the Pats either have confidence in their two TE's or their gameplan is gonna be geared toward multiple wr's. I think it is the latter. They are going to exploit the Browns lack of cb depth and I envision a lot of the shotgun with one rb/one te/3 wr formation.

No, it doesn't matter if a player signs a 1-year deal or a 3,000-year deal.

Your paragraph 5 salary is split into 17 gamechecks (1 bye). Rivers won't be around to earn a gamecheck.

Perhaps there was a signing bonus for Rivers to allow him to be cut/signed as necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back