PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hard to believe this team isnt quite as bad as the 1990 team

Viper652

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
It's close, though

This team is almost dead last in offense, just like the 1990 team

This team is almost dead last in offense, just like the 1990 team
They've got a shot to beat them, they've scored 148 points this year, the 1990 team scored 181 (in 16 games)

Where they differ is on defense: 248 points allowed vs 446 from the 1990 team.

Even with the injuries, the Patriots defense this year is fantastic (And how many of those points allowed are on Pick 6s?)

Was Grogan still during 1990 partially playing his last season?

They've got a shot to beat them, they've scored 148 points this year, the 1990 team scored 181 (in 16 games)

Where they differ is on defense: 248 points allowed vs 446 from the 1990 team.

Even with the injuries, the Patriots defense this year is fantastic (And how many of those points allowed are on Pick 6s?)

I hate that the defense is on the hook for Mac's pick/fumble sixes.

But yes, that 1990 team was....something else. We're not remotely that bad. We have hope of a sort. The only hope for a Pats fan in 1990 was that the sweet quiet embrace of death would end the misery.

I wasn't alive back then but offensively I would assume it is?
13.5 PPG in a offensive league is abysmal

GM- Pat Sullivan, son of former owner. Now he was bad.

Record: 1-15-0, 5th in AFC East Division (Schedule and Results)

Coach: Rod Rust (1-15-0)

Points For: 181 (11.3/g) 28th of 28

Points Against: 446 (27.9/g) 27th of 28

Expected W-L: 1.7-14.3

SRS: -14.58 (28th of 28), SOS: 1.99

Offensive Coordinator: Jimmy Raye

Defensive Coordinator: Charlie Sumner

Other Notable Asst.: Don Blackmon (Linebackers), Steve Crosby (Special Teams), Dale Lindsey (Defensive Line) and **** Wood (Receivers)

Stadium: Foxboro Stadium

Principal Owner: Victor Kiam

General Manager: Pat Sullivan

Offensive Scheme: Air Coryell

Defensive Alignment: 3-4

Preseason Odds: Super Bowl +5000; O/U: 7.0

Training Camp: Bryant College (Smithfield, Rhode Island)

I wasn't alive back then but offensively I would assume it is?
13.5 PPG in a offensive league is abysmal
It is, but 1990 was worse, it was like 11ppg, if I remember right. And they gave up 28ppg, which was if not worst in the league, pretty close to it. So, last in offense, last in defense.

Patriots defense this year isn't close to that pathetic.

Pats offense has actually dominated the stats in a few games that we've lost like the Giants game: TOP, total yards, rushing yards, etc. They just continually make bad plays in the red zone.

Well, at least none of the players are exposing themselves to female reporters in the locker room like they did back then.

The sad thing is, and I never even realized it - Sunday's pathetic offense is pretty much Bill's #1 starting offense coming out of training camp. Credit to 98.5, as they were talking about this yesterday but Bill's offense vs NYG has 4/5 of his starting offensive line, his 1 and 2 receivers, his starting running back,, his starting qb, and his starting tight ends all started Sunday.

Shut up!!!

I love this team. I don’t care about their win loss record. The players listen to the coaches and play as a team.

Bill was planning on having a down year and part of the master rebuilding plan and I expect they’ll win the Super Bowl in 2024.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back