PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk Gronks Into History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackie Smith retired 9 years before Winslow with more receiving yards than Winslow. It points more to how the hall clusters guys together and will put in the player who's been waiting long unless a player comes along who's a clear first ballot player. Andre Reed just went in this year after waiting a long time. Is he a better player than Marvin Harrison or Isaac Bruce?

The only guys who are going in first ballot are the guys who had both a high peak and longevity. One or the other gets you the waiting list. Shannon Sharpe who had both plus championships he played a big role in didn't go first ballot.

I'm not saying I agree. At his peak Gronk's the GOAT. But the voters history says he would wait. Hell Borges won't even advocate for him out of spite as the local representative.

I guess if he did end his career today he'd be in a logjam with Witten and Gates.

Personally, I've never been that impressed with Witten. I mean, the volume is impressive, I was just never impressed with the eye test. Gates, OTOH, blew me away at times. Same with Gronk. Witten is definitely in on longevity and volume, but he wasn't as impressive of a player, to me, as Gonzalez, Gates and Gronk.

I guess if he did end his career today he'd be in a logjam with Witten and Gates.

Personally, I've never been that impressed with Witten. I mean, the volume is impressive, I was just never impressed with the eye test. Gates, OTOH, blew me away at times. Same with Gronk. Witten is definitely in on longevity and volume, but he wasn't as impressive of a player, to me, as Gonzalez, Gates and Gronk.

Witten definitely isn't as physically gifted and fluid as Gates and Gonzalez both of whom fit that ex-basketball player perfectly. Gronk isn't as fluid as either of them either he's just a bull.

To use an SUV comparison Witten is like a Ford F-150 maybe with a sport package. Solid, dependable but nobody is going to turn their head at a set of lights. But when all is said and done people will think yep I got my money out of that truck. Gates and Gonzalez are sporty SUV's. Nice to look at, lots of accessories, quick almost like a sports car but not much pulling power. Gronk is like the original Hummer. He'll go 80 miles per hour over rough terrain with four flats and has the anti artillery guns mounted in the bed destroying everything in it's path.

Whoever is the better blocker out of Gonzalez, Witten and Gates gets my vote as the better player out of the three. They're all reasonable receivers.

Belichick doesn't rate him above Bavaro. That's some testament.

Incorrect. Belichick said he doesn't rate his blocking above Bavaro's. He never said anything about their overall play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes