PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk cleared to play !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this change anything, though?

It'd be different if they had tweeted he was out.

Yeah, he's still "questionable" and personally I have my doubts he'll play. Nothing about his status really changed.

He's still going to be a game time decision.

This is the same status he's had since the Tampa game.

Yeah, he's still "questionable" and personally I have my doubts he'll play. Nothing about his status really changed.

As of last night I was actually beginning to think that Gronk would just wait another 2 games (assuming that he was pretty much out for Sunday, which was wrong of me) and come back after the bye week, just to be cautious.

Now after hearing the news today and seeing the released advertisement/video etc, I think we'll be seeing him on Sunday--even if it is only in a limited spot just to get his feet wet.

You'd be right that we're all just guessing though, which at least saved me some face as I pointed that out last night. Obviously I couldn't be happier to hear that Gronk has been cleared.

We need him more after the Bye as we have the Broncos week 12. I am not getting my hopes up that he stays healthy the rest of the year.

He hasn't really been a game time decision at any point this year. He has been ruled out for every road game on Saturday when he hasn't traveled with the team. For home games he hasn't worked out on the field in pre-game with the training staff.

They have known well in advance he wouldn't play because he didn't have the clearance from the doctors. He has that clearance now.

We will know shortly after the plane lands in NY later today if his status to play tomorrow has changed at all from prior weeks. If he doesn't travel he has to be downgraded to out.

If he does travel we won't know for sure he is active until the final inactives come out 90 minutes before the game.

I'd hope he'll play. He's been cleared by two different doctors now, aside from the quack Gill. Barring an unforseen setback, there's no reason why Gronk shouldn't be out there now.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 16m

Aqib Talib is not traveling to New York, per source. Gronkowski is on the team trip.

Talib out, Gronk still good.

Gronk really had no chance to play the other weeks because he wasnt cleared by the Doctors.

from what we've heard he wouldnt play until he received full clearance which he did. So I expect him to be out there on Sunday

I'm pretty excited to see the offense out there with Gronk tomorrow....it should open up the field for everyone else.

lots of 1 on 1 matchups for Dobson/Thompkins,Edelman

My granddaughter was practicing Gronk spikes when I tossed her the nerf football earlier this week. Perfect form! Jumps in the air, legs spread wide (ballet style) and forcefully spikes the ball. I should have seen it as an omen for Gronk's return.

over or under 1 TDs for him tomorrow

The anticipation building toward Gronk's 2013 debut it palpable. I've missed the goofy bugger on the field.

The anticipation building toward Gronk's 2013 debut it palpable. I've missed the goofy bugger on the field.

It's those Micky Mouse gloves he wears that makes him look so goofy :D

Well that and that he comes across like an excitable kid/puppy at times too!

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 46s
Drew Rosenhaus said, "Rob Gronkowski has now been cleared by all his doctors to play Sunday in the Jets game."

YES!
tumblr_inline_mmrjphAB8E1qz4rgp.gif

Florio being florio.

Yep.

Let's see Florio, 6 guys already out (Slater may have traveled but he will be out) and Bill is gonna decide to make Gronk (who he wanted playing back in Week 3) the 7th and final inactive?

Hmmm but I guess with Belichick you never know.

Yep.

Let's see Florio, 6 guys already out (Slater may have traveled but he will be out) and Bill is gonna decide to make Gronk (who he wanted playing back in Week 3) the 7th and final inactive?

Hmmm but I guess with Belichick you never know.

I swear I just saw this exact comment somewhere else ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes