PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk cleared to play !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down. I expressed an opinion and you yours. No need to go all congress on it and insinuate that he shouldn't have fun. IAm sure you were okay him havign fun body slamming people with a cast around his hand as well. I just found it stupid that right after he gets cleared by his doctors within minutes this promo comes out promoting a drink and T shirt. I have no problem him making money and didnt say follow the patriot way or anything . Just looks selfish. Any other player on any other team , we all would be mocking.

It's silly to mock people for it, he's promoting products. Everyone with a name does it.

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
RG3
Aaron Rodgers
Clay Matthews
Wes Welker
Greg Jennings
even Jerod Mayo

I don't see them being criticized for it, most people love Peyton's stupid commercials, and before it was over done, the discount double check was also not bad.

They're all doing it for the money and self promotion. Not everyone (seemingly) only does stuff for charity like the McCourty twins (who i also believe i recall doing some product ads as well).

I'm not trying to attack you or anything by the way, it's just that the negative attitude towards these things around here is awfully puzzling at times. Sometimes fans act like they're teammates shunning the player for what he does instead of just enjoying the show we get.

I'm not saying I want a locker room like the Jets, not even close, but I'm just puzzled by the hate players get for some of the harmless things they do. I surely remember all the love Welker got for his foot-puns, which ended up being more detrimental to the team (got himself benched for part of a playoff game we desperately needed him to start for) than anything we can prove Gronk has done.

It's silly to mock people for it, he's promoting products. Everyone with a name does it.

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
RG3
Aaron Rodgers
Clay Matthews
Wes Welker
Greg Jennings
even Jerod Mayo

I don't see them being criticized for it, most people love Peyton's stupid commercials, and before it was over done, the discount double check was also not bad.

They're all doing it for the money and self promotion. Not everyone (seemingly) only does stuff for charity like the McCourty twins (who i also believe i recall doing some product ads as well).

I'm not trying to attack you or anything by the way, it's just that the negative attitude towards these things around here is awfully puzzling at times. Sometimes fans act like they're teammates shunning the player for what he does instead of just enjoying the show we get.

I'm not saying I want a locker room like the Jets, not even close, but I'm just puzzled by the hate players get for some of the harmless things they do. I surely remember all the love Welker got for his foot-puns, which ended up being more detrimental to the team (got himself benched for part of a playoff game we desperately needed him to start for) than anything we can prove Gronk has done.
No problem with him promoting.And I dont hate him. He has done it all the time being here and good for him.His play has earned it. Him releasing a video and T shirt minutes after declared fit especially after a long and somewhat frustrating watch is what bothered me. again , may not bother others so I accept Iam in the minority. until last week everyone was questioning what he was doing and if he was screwing the team and this week he can do no wrong.

Gronk coming back wont have the same impact it would have in the past.

The Pats have now put the blueprint out there on how to shut out an elite TE.:cool:

No problem with him promoting.And I dont hate him. He has done it all the time being here and good for him.His play has earned it. Him releasing a video and T shirt minutes after declared fit especially after a long and somewhat frustrating watch is what bothered me. again , may not bother others so I accept Iam in the minority. until last week everyone was questioning what he was doing and if he was screwing the team and this week he can do no wrong.

Yeah and I know I wasn't trying to turn a positive to a negative. And I have no problem with athletic endorsements in general.

I, for one, thought this FELT different from a timing perspective. Especially given the circus around the will he or won't he the past few weeks.

And if I'm being honest with myself, I do know I would be merciless on someone on another team doing the same thing in that situation.

I'm still glad to have him back, he will help us perform better. I guess I just wish he hadn't done it...

The Pats have now put the blueprint out there on how to shut out an elite TE.:cool:

Gronk is different than graham. Graham is like a receiver, gronk is an elite receiver and blocker. That's what makes gronk the best TE.

Gronk is different than graham. Graham is like a receiver, gronk is an elite receiver and blocker. That's what makes gronk the best TE.

OH. I somehow thought the :cool: would have more clearly denoted sarcasm. But thanks for the info.

They most likely made the promo and decided to release it when ever he was ready, not the other way around.

Gronk want black jersey. Gronk practice as Graham. Gronk get black jersey. Gronk want play football now.

If anything, the Pats' blueprint showed that Graham isn't really a tight end at all. He's a wide receiver who from time to time lines up as a TE. In fact, he's been lining up as a WR so much that, when the Saints try to franchise him at the TE figure this offseason, he'll fight them on it--arguing that he should be franchised as a WR--and he will win. Just wait and see. He spends more time lined up as a WR than a TE, and he doesn't really block.

Also, the Pats' blueprint requires that you have an Aqib Talib--big press corner who's athletic enough to go stride for stride with Graham and physical enough to rip the ball out from him--which only a couple of teams in the league have. And it works because Graham doesn't really run block anyway: if anyone tried to put a corner on Gronk, the Pats would be perfectly happy to run behind him and watch him absolutely maul his guy.

If anything, the Pats' blueprint simply showed that Graham isn't really a tight end at all. He's a wide receiver who happens to line up where tight ends line up from time to time. In fact, he's been lining up as a WR so much that, when the Saints try to franchise him at the TE figure this offseason, he'll fight them on it--arguing that he should be franchised as a WR--and he will win. Just wait and see.

Graham is a hell of a receiver, and if it turns out that he's 'just' a WR, he'll be one of the best in the league, so this isn't meant as a knock on him. But if you don't block, and you line up out wide as often as not, you're more receiver than tight end.

His quote had sarcasm in it. Just a FYI, I missed it too

Brady hate Jets
Coach hate Jets
GRONK hate JETS!
Gronk make play
Gronk score TD
Gronk spike football!
Gisele not pissed
Gronk happy
Patsfans happy
Gronk party!

If anything, the Pats' blueprint showed that Graham isn't really a tight end at all. He's a wide receiver who from time to time lines up as a TE. In fact, he's been lining up as a WR so much that, when the Saints try to franchise him at the TE figure this offseason, he'll fight them on it--arguing that he should be franchised as a WR--and he will win. Just wait and see. He spends more time lined up as a WR than a TE, and he doesn't really block.
I'm just really interested to see if Graham's official position is changed to wide receiver after he gets the WR tag. That'd take him out of the running for single-season and career tight end marks.

I'm just really interested to see if Graham's official position is changed to wide receiver after he gets the WR tag. That'd take him out of the running for single-season and career tight end marks.

Yep, that brings up my next question, was the murderer a TE really?

Yep, that brings up my next question, was the murderer a TE really?
I'll be interested to see what the Saints do with Graham now the Patriots have provided the blue print to contain Graham.

I'll be interested to see what the Saints do with Graham now the Patriots have provided the blue print to contain Graham.

I don't think they'll be too worried about it, since most teams don't an Aqib Talib who can take someone like Graham one-on-one.

But if they do run into that gameplan again, they basically have two options:

1) Use Graham as a blocker and run behind him. If he was an actual tight end, this would be a no-brainer. Since he isn't, I doubt they'll do that. Instead they'll opt for...

2) Just live with it. If the other team's #1 corner is on Graham, then that should free up Colston to go nuts. Or, if they're putting safety help over the top to try to help on Colston, Sproles and Moore should have a ton of room to pick up YAC.

To be honest, while I find what they did to Graham impressive, I don't think that was the most impressive thing that the D did last week. It was the right call, but it was a fairly simple one, really. If they're not going to run behind their 'tight end', then defend him like he's a big wide receiver, because that's really what he is. What's more impressive to me is that the domino effect held up: even with Talib on Graham, Colston was a nonfactor and Sproles was pretty well contained. That was the case because Dennard, McCourty, and Mayo all had excellent games in coverage.

Belichick does not like to show his hand until he has to. We all know this. You may think it meaningless and stupid, but obviously Belichick does not.

How does this change anything, though?

It'd be different if they had tweeted he was out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes