PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk cleared to play !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offense goes from 21 to 28 ppg if he's 100%. He's the 2nd-3rd best WR in the league.

Ridley will also perform like 2012 1st half Ridley when Gronk was playing. :rocker:

I think Ridley's doing his normal good running, it just seems that he's in a perpetual doghouse at times.

First offensive play should be a pass to him, get the Jets guessing as to how he will be utilized

First offensive play should be Gronk on a reverse :snob:

Wonder if he'll be a healthy scratch Sunday.

I disagree with your assessment of the effect of Gronk. I think that we have been had a middle of the field threat in Edelman. He has shown himslef to be a reasonable slot receiver.

I think that Gronk's biggest effect, in his limited action, will be as a red-zone target.

That's fair. I'll qualify and say we go from having really no threat at TE to the most significant.

I think Ridley's doing his normal good running, it just seems that he's in a perpetual doghouse at times.

I don't think that perpetual means what you think it means

Surprised they didn't IR him. Still think they need to get that plate our of there.

Like in the movie "Goodfellas", when Jimmy is talking about digging up Billy Batts, "I don't care how long it's been, we've got to get that thing OUT of THERE".

"Henry, how about a leg?"

I disagree with your assessment of the effect of Gronk. I think that we have been had a middle of the field threat in Edelman. He has shown himslef to be a reasonable slot receiver.

I think that Gronk's biggest effect, in his limited action, will be as a red-zone target.

Zolak disagrees with you, noting that the team has basically been ignoring the middle of the field.

Surprised they didn't IR him. Still think they need to get that plate our of there.

Like in the movie "Goodfellas", when Jimmy is talking about digging up Billy Batts, "I don't care how long it's been, we've got to get that thing OUT of THERE".

"Henry, how about a leg?"

I think the last surgery removed it.

So.....

Brady
Ridley

Solder
Mankins
Wendell
Cannon/Connolly
Vollmer

Gronk
OHOH

Edelman
________________________ ?

I think the last surgery removed it.

I think they removed the first plate after the infection but then installed a second plate which remains. If so, there may be two potential risks of re-fracture: weakening of the bone at the previous fracture due to the infection, and increased stress at the margin of the plate (which resulted in the second fracture). I hope neither ever occurs, of course, but as thrilled as I will be to see him on the field catching balls, I will also I breathe a sigh of relief each time he is hit and doesn't grab his arm.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...late-left-arm-infection-back-surgery/2343953/

First offensive play should be a pass to him, get the Jets guessing as to how he will be utilized

The first offensive play should be a punt by Gronkowski. That will really have the opposition guessing.

I only visit the Jets boards when someone posts a link here, but I would be shocked if there wasn't a thread over there that releasing this news on Friday is some form of cheating.

So.....

Brady
Ridley

Solder
Mankins
Wendell
Cannon/Connolly
Vollmer

Gronk
OHOH

Edelman

I think we see KT and Dobson maybe over Edelman and who else would be with him. We can't just take away from the rooks now. Collie and Edelman might see a rep decrease. Or I could be totally wrong :D

I think they removed the first plate after the infection but then installed a second plate which remains. If so, there may be two potential risks of re-fracture: weakening of the bone at the previous fracture due to the infection, and increased stress at the margin of the plate (which resulted in the second fracture). I hope neither ever occurs, of course, but as thrilled as I will be to see him on the field catching balls, I will also I breathe a sigh of relief each time he is hit and doesn't grab his arm.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...late-left-arm-infection-back-surgery/2343953/

Hmmm, the plate caused the second break, hope he doesn't have it still, that could be bad news.

So.....

Brady
Ridley

Solder
Mankins
Wendell
Cannon/Connolly
Vollmer

Gronk
OHOH

Edelman

My guess is a fifty-fifty split between Thompkins and Dobson, with both seeing time together when OHOH is off the field. Early on, Gronk likely won't be playing more than half the snaps at most, so they'll have more chances to see the field together in 3-WR sets.

Another interesting question is how does it all break down when (or if) Amendola comes back healthy.

tumblr_muverrXfkO1r555cwo1_500.jpg

Hmmm, the plate caused the second break, hope he doesn't have it still, that could be bad news.

He has a different plate. The first plate covered only part of the forearm. This one goes the length of the forearm.

220px-ALittle.png

Excellent! Now just get my would-be defensive Binky* back to practice and my PUP yearnings will cease :p

* I don't care how little difference he might make at this stage, I just like the name :D

The GRONK effect will be most seen in the running game and routes up in the seam and the middle. Teams are going to have to double him otherwise he's going to shred them in those areas. The offense will be massively better just by having his presence in the line-up.

He's going take all of his pent up fury and rage out on the JESTS. :D

Unleash the BEAST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes