PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Bedard thinks the Pats may hide Haynesworth all preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds to me that maybe BB is using Pompeii as his mouthpiece to motivate these guys.

And when has BB ever released information via the grapevine to have a speculation article written? :confused:

BB doesn't release information. Period. And certainly not to motivate players.

What a difference between how the Washington Redskins handled Haynesworth and how BB does.

Washington makes a big deal out of Haynesworth not passing his conditioning test. The coach publicly challenges AH on everything and gives regular updates. Complaints from the staff abound whenever AH doesn't do exactly what they want.

BB doesn't give an update on the conditioning test. Then he mentions a few days later that AH is ready to play having passed the conditioning test. AH isn't seen for days and BB says essentially nothing - although his position coach gives an interview saying how impressed he is with AH's dedication.

We'll see, but I'm hopeful that BB's approach will maximize Return On Investment.

What a difference between how the Washington Redskins handled Haynesworth and how BB does.

Washington makes a big deal out of Haynesworth not passing his conditioning test. The coach publicly challenges AH on everything and gives regular updates. Complaints from the staff abound whenever AH doesn't do exactly what they want.

BB doesn't give an update on the conditioning test. Then he mentions a few days later that AH is ready to play having passed the conditioning test. AH isn't seen for days and BB says essentially nothing - although his position coach gives an interview saying how impressed he is with AH's dedication.

We'll see, but I'm hopeful that BB's approach will maximize Return On Investment.

Which is to say that BB treats his employee with a lot more respect than Shanahan does. And as in the real world, you extract a lot more productivity from people that way. If things go well, I think AH will repay that favor many times over, as I imagine he is grateful to get away from all that humiliation.

I have a feeling that the last open to the public practice has happened...

Rain forecast for next couple of days so into the practice dome is a possibility (closed to public)..Wed is probably a travel day to Tampa and no practice day after the game..

Just a guess ;)
You could be right. I believe that teams are prohibited from traveling to away games on game days during the regular season and I'd guess it's the same for pre-season. Some weather sources are calling for less rain tomorrow, so maybe that will be the final open one.

And when has BB ever released information via the grapevine to have a speculation article written? :confused:

You are not correct. BB definately relased that he was going to draft Mallet to Lombardi in an effort to shop the pick. That is proof that BB does use the media.

I think the team knows what they have and don't want to risk injury. A big body like that takes a lot of punishment and I think they want to save it for then. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if his conditioning still needs work, and that's what they're probably more focused on at this point.

If he did, would he announce it for public consumption?

You are not correct. BB definately relased that he was going to draft Mallet to Lombardi in an effort to shop the pick. That is proof that BB does use the media.

To add on to this, I've read somewhere before that's critical of Lombardi as a BB mouthpeice.

So he bashes someone else's speculation and then turns around and starts spewin' out his own speculation and theories? Awesome.

I'm fine with that, in fact i would be fine with them PUPing him until week 6 to let him get completely in shape and then make the move. They had to know they were getting a reclamation project and they should use as much time as necessary to get him completely ready and not rush anything. This team is going to the play-offs so the focus needs to be on building them to january and not on everyone playing right out of the gate. Rather than rush vets who may not be ready for action into games they have the luxury of starting the season with Brace, Pryor, Richard etc.... and allowing the vets who need some time, like Ellis and Haynesworth to get themselves completely ready for action.

I think this speculation is at least as plausible as the garbage speculation from yesterday. We've actually seen BB somewhat hide an extraordinarily talented (but somewhat misguided) vet free agent for an entire preseason only to unleash him on the rest of the NFL week 1.

It's exactly what he did with Moss, who when he got here was in a similar place in his career. That led to the same crap speculation back then too (remember the "Moss on the bubble" stuff).

We've never seen BB use draft picks to secure talented vets, get them to restructure club friendly contracts, only to cut them to make them an example for rest of the team.

So, while it's unpredictable exactly what BB will do, If I were a betting man, I'd go with the odds on this one. ;)

Last edited:
I'm fine with that, in fact i would be fine with them PUPing him until week 6 to let him get completely in shape and then make the move. They had to know they were getting a reclamation project and they should use as much time as necessary to get him completely ready and not rush anything. This team is going to the play-offs so the focus needs to be on building them to january and not on everyone playing right out of the gate. Rather than rush vets who may not be ready for action into games they have the luxury of starting the season with Brace, Pryor, Richard etc.... and allowing the vets who need some time, like Ellis and Haynesworth to get themselves completely ready for action.

They've had a couple of weeks to get into shape, and will have three more on top of that. I would hope a month to six weeks is enough to get ready to play a game. My point is, I'd hate to have to go without their services for the first six weeks of the season, if we don't have to do so.

Fat Albert plays a position with less scheming in the playbook than almost any other position. Basically it's go crush the guy in front of you and tackle anybody that has the ball. Or tackle the guy with the ball using the guy in front of you:

Albert Haynesworth sacks Jay Cutler with Bears Offensive Lineman Chris Williams - YouTube

I doubt there are too many plays where Albert will be asked to back into pass coverage. Maybe a little gap defense on certain downs, but mostly go kill the guy with the ball.

Work on the weights, do some agility drills and Do Your Job. This is a perfect situation for Albert Haynesworth not to be hung out to dry by the coaching staff and hopeless morons like us. If the syn-visc reports were correct, the last thing Albert needs is adding pressure to his hips and knees that is unnecessary, or risking having some maniac desperate to make the team roll up on him.

Last edited:
Don't forget about stunts and stuff. I know somebody on here mentioned that if you blitz Spikes and have Haynesworth loop around, he'll more than likely be matched up with a RB! :eek:

Amazing. Simply amazing! An unnamed "NFL executive" presumably from a rival team -- typically envious of the Pats wealth -- decides to see what bee he can plant under the Pats bonnet by speculating on BB's motives. His cheap words don't register on BB/ream but it gets the Pats Nation buzzing. Idle chatter can send idle minds wild. After all 'ts still the silly season.

Who the hell cares what a faceless bureaucrat from a rival team says. Let's use some common sense. The probabilities are high that both Haynesworth and #85 will be valuable performers on this NE side. And BB does not seem like an insecure coach in search of a stunt to send his lockerroom a message.

Thanks for the info. Can you give me more details? I'm not familiar with exactly what happened.

Haynesworth cannot be Pup'd, he has already practiced.

Thanks for the info. Can you give me more details? I'm not familiar with exactly what happened.

While NE was on the clock with back to back picks (73 and 74), Lombardi announced that NE would be taking Mallet with 74. NE waited till the last minute trying to shop the pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results