PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Bedard on 98.5 Listening (Unless the Sox sign Lester to steal the Pats' Thunder) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DEN rematch depends on location, weather, etc.

Bedard thinks Pats can handle DEN.

SEA is biggest team to worry about. Would be defensive struggle.

Addition of Siliga, Branch help vs run against SEA and stopping Lynch.

NOTE: Anyone reading these? haha

Solder gave up 3 stuffed runs. I missed the # of hurries, sorry

O line likes to run the ball. Mindset of run blocking and smashing someone helps line.

Beard says "Don't know what happened to Solder. He's lost his feet, in cement blocks."

"His biggest trait was his quick feet. Thought he was almost elite."

Connolly has had tough matchup, Suh, Mike Daniels, Liuget. Playing through injury.

Wendell/Connolly smaller guards, have trouble with big strong guys

"Logan Ryan didn't play, so technique wasn't an issue. Mac used in coverage more. Limited Dennard, Ryan. Arrington played well"

So only Ryan is being coached improperly?

Bedard "Offense line gave up pressure 30% of snaps of Brady. When you get over 25-30% every offense in the league has trouble"

FTFY. :)

Mazz "Denver has slid back."

Felger "Top 4 teams, SEA GB NE DEN" < No order

Felger "GB should be 4th after last night. Packers never tried to stop Julio Jones."

Bedard "If NE was down 31-7 then they could've passed on GB. Says GB got vanilla in 2nd half"

So only Ryan is being coached improperly?

Bedard tried to say Revis and Browner still using techniques they came with, but the others have been changed.

^^ I think that's what he was getting at

Not to go too OT but it's hilarious to me that people claim Red Sox are all about money ball and then once again they go spend an absurd amount of cash on players. Maddon era Rays were the real money ball team.

So I'm next door at dinner Sunday pre-game & the former Masshole host bemoans that his brother from Maine is a Patriots fan but not a Red Sox fan, thinking I'm a Mick from Boston & a Sox fan. Said he's a Peyton Manning fan so I finally unloaded on the poor geezer (nobody drinking alcohol) about MLB teams buying players & championships. I explained that salary cap prevented this in football, but he gave me the cap is crap nonsense. I stopped short of attacking Saint Peyton as his lovely wife is from Tennessee & I wanted to remain married to my wife.

/OT

Bedard tried to say Revis and Browner still using techniques they came with, but the others have been changed.

^^ I think that's what he was getting at

I know, but the quote stated that since Ryan didn't play so technique wasn't a problem, the implication being that only Ryan is following NE's coaching.

It is a classic case of someone trotting out ******** and then spinning contradictory evidence as somehow being supporting.

Last edited:
I thought Tom was rushed most of the game, and that was a throw away. No way he misses lafell by 5 yards. He played well outside the pick imo. 64% of passes complete, 2 tds, should of been 3 and even with the porous oline and lack of run game. I can't put the pick on Tom. If you watch it, the play before Tom got smashed. When he saw the 2 chargers comin again he saw Gronk open, and had to either take a sack or throw it and hope he did enough to get it to Gronk.

I want to say Brady was under pressure at least 25% of the time. That's bad
Some people refuse to acknowledge that the Chargers played an outstanding defensive game.

Back from break...

Felger "SEA much tougher matchup in SB than GB."

Felger thinks GB would've lost if JJ didn't get hurt.
^^Even though ATL scored without him and never got the ball back

bedard GB didn't play perfect vs Pats.

Bedard saying Felger makes no sense. They beat NE then beat ATL, but Felger making excuses

Bedard "NE vs ATL is different matchup. LaFell, JE, Gronk vs Jones, White, Weems, Hester etc"

DEN rematch depends on location, weather, etc.

Bedard thinks Pats can handle DEN.

SEA is biggest team to worry about. Would be defensive struggle.

Addition of Siliga, Branch help vs run against SEA and stopping Lynch.

NOTE: Anyone reading these? haha
Seriously, way way too early to worry about seattle.

bedard GB didn't play perfect vs Pats.

Agreed. But they played far closer to perfect than NE did, and a significant portion of NE's mistakes were unforced.

Felger says BB would play "sissy" defense vs Russell Wilson. SEA D could lockdown Pats

Reiss weighs in on Bedard's remarks about the secondary coach. From today's mailbag:
Mike Reiss said:
I'm just glad the Patriots could overcome the performance of cornerbacks coach Josh Boyer to produce such a dominant performance (sarcasm intended). Sorry, couldn't resist.

Bedard "Hightower giving NE what Mayo did and more due to athletic ability. Pats will want to restructure Mayo. Thinks he will do it. Jamie Collins has been sensational."

"Credit to Patrick Graham for coaching up LBs"

Felger saying Pats depth is overstated. Mazz asking if Mayo draws trade proposals. Bedard says JM is damaged goods

Felger says BB would play "sissy" defense vs Russell Wilson. SEA D could lockdown Pats
I want felger to draw up a defensive game plan. These statements are so stupid. People who saw Rodgers last nite roll out of the pocket at will and throw 30+ yard TDs forget how the pats contained him inside .

Caller :What about Gray and LGB

Bedard thinks Blount played well, run blocking was awful. 12 stuffed runs. Blount made yards where there were none. Bedard wants Gray to get snaps. Quicker around the end and hitting the hole than LGB

Mazz thinks Gray needs more opportunities.

Bedard says Gray is good but nothing great. Overrated by Pats fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore