PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Bedard on 98.5 Listening (Unless the Sox sign Lester to steal the Pats' Thunder) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From his Twitter account:

Boy, did @Akeem_Ayers get shortchanged for his game the other night. He deserved the TV kudos Jamie Collins (who was good) got.

https://twitter.com/GregABedard/status/542357223046139904

I guess we know who will be #1 in Bedard's 3 ups this week.

Delayed, yes RT @epaulson89: Will you get bumped today if Lester makes his decision before 2 or will you just talk some Red Sox?

https://twitter.com/GregABedard/status/542358134887841792

You know if that if the Sox sign Lester, they will do it at 1:59 just to bump the most Patriots related popular radio segment in this town.

Note: Red Sox defenders, I am just kidding.

BTW, I will likely not be transcribing today, but I will try when I can.

Not to go too OT but it's hilarious to me that people claim Red Sox are all about money ball and then once again they go spend an absurd amount of cash on players. Maddon era Rays were the real money ball team.

Reports are saying the Lester decision could extend to tomorrow, so I'm guessing Bedard is safe. My early guesses for his three up, three down (in no particular order):

Up = Ayers, Collins, Revis

Down = Solder, Connolly, Brady

Reports are saying the Lester decision could extend to tomorrow, so I'm guessing Bedard is safe. My early guesses for his three up, three down (in no particular order):

Up = Ayers, Collins, Revis

Down = Solder, Connolly, Brady

It's hard to say on Tom. Outside the pick he played pretty good.

If he puts Brady down, it would be for 1 play. Granted it was a tremendously stupid and potentially game-changing play, but Bedard ties Brady's performance to OL play. If the OL gave up more than 30% pressures, he will hammer that point home.

He had a couple of throws that were uncharacteristically bad for him. The LaFell back shoulder attempt that was about five yards short of actually reaching LaFell in the red zone was another one. I wouldn't put him in the "up" catagory for this one. That said, these seemed to happen after he got his arm hit early on. Made me wonder if he tweaked his throwing shoulder.

That was kind of a throw in because I don't think he'll list three offensive linemen and none of the receivers really showed poorly individually. Maybe LaFell for the fumble, or Tyms for the penalty (and Bedard likes to pick on players who don't get many targets). Really I'm just throwing names out there like Mazz does :D

Brady is held to the highest standard because of what he's done and therefore what we expect regardless of Oline or WR's. If Dalton or Flacco for example had this game, they would get a thumbs up.

He had a couple of throws that were uncharacteristically bad for him. The LaFell back shoulder attempt that was about five yards short of actually reaching LaFell in the red zone was another one. I wouldn't put him in the "up" catagory for this one. That said, these seemed to happen after he got his arm hit early on. Made me wonder if he tweaked his throwing shoulder.

His best throws are always when he's confident in the play & protection. Pretty sure that LaFell back shoulder throw was as much a throwaway as anything. Which is odd, since he had time on that given play, but when he's under pressure all game, he can get rushed.

I don't think - at least I hope - his shoulder was not injured by getting hit.

Not to go too OT but it's hilarious to me that people claim Red Sox are all about money ball and then once again they go spend an absurd amount of cash on players. Maddon era Rays were the real money ball team.

They are the NFL of the baseball world. They overreact to the previous season. If a marquee NFL player gets injured in the regular season, the rules committee makes a rule to make sure that never happens again. The Red Sox are a last place team after not spending like they have in the past and they start spending like a drunken sailor.

I thought Tom was rushed most of the game, and that was a throw away. No way he misses lafell by 5 yards. He played well outside the pick imo. 64% of passes complete, 2 tds, should of been 3 and even with the porous oline and lack of run game. I can't put the pick on Tom. If you watch it, the play before Tom got smashed. When he saw the 2 chargers comin again he saw Gronk open, and had to either take a sack or throw it and hope he did enough to get it to Gronk.

I want to say Brady was under pressure at least 25% of the time. That's bad

Bedard "Good win, understands how excited they are. Chargers are good team, got through gauntlet of schedule with only one loss. Last hurdle in regular season"

"Logan Ryan didn't play, so technique wasn't an issue. Mac used in coverage more. Limited Dennard, Ryan. Arrington played well"

"Packers line much better than SD. Pats more talented on D than SD. Patricia changed calls and pressures. Dropped a lineman, blitzed a LB which helped."

"Blitzed more than usual"

"Fluker and Center problems were taken advantage of"

Bedard loves Ninkovich, "not flashy, does his job"

Bedard "Offense line gave up pressure 30% of snaps of Brady. When you get over 25-30% TB and Pats have trouble"

I thought Tom was rushed most of the game, and that was a throw away. No way he misses lafell by 5 yards. He played well outside the pick imo. 64% of passes complete, 2 tds, should of been 3 and even with the porous oline and lack of run game. I can't put the pick on Tom. If you watch it, the play before Tom got smashed. When he saw the 2 chargers comin again he saw Gronk open, and had to either take a sack or throw it and hope he did enough to get it to Gronk.

I want to say Brady was under pressure at least 25% of the time. That's bad

I actually think it was north of 25%. But the protection was not nearly good enough... especially in the first half. Whether that affected his throws or not even when he had good protection is up for debate.

EDIT: Previous post confirmed pressure on nearly 30% of snaps.

"Big active guys give LG-C-RG trouble in middle"

"Speed guys give tackles problems."

BAL scares Bedard vs Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3