PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Bedard on 98.5 Listening (Unless the Sox sign Lester to steal the Pats' Thunder) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bedard had Solder for 11 negative plays

Bedard 2nd dud is Hooman, citing his poor blocking. Why is he on the team then?
That's the question many of us want answered.

Felger thinks GB and DEN can get knocked off in divisional round at home.

Bedard agrees, thinks their weak secondaries will be their downfall.
Detroit still has a chance to win that division, they would need to beat the pack in GB but it is still possible, granted the loser of that division might prefer getting to play the NFC south winner. As for Denver the only team I think that could go to Denver and blow the out in the first round is the Steelers. I don't even think Pitt is that good, but I don't think any other team they might face is even capable of it.

Detroit still has a chance to win that division, they would need to beat the pack in GB but it is still possible, granted the loser of that division might prefer getting to play the NFC south winner. As for Denver the only team I think that could go to Denver and blow the out in the first round is the Steelers. I don't even think Pitt is that good, but I don't think any other team they might face is even capable of it.

I just watched the NFL replay of the Denver/Buffalo game and was surprised to see that Denver wasn't impressive at all. Manning's throws make latter-day Chad Pennington appear to have a rocket arm. As long as the WR wasn't completely wide open, every throw more than 10 yards down field was almost equally catchable by either party. In fact, two fouls during long interception returns basically decided the game. In both cases, the ball was returned into FG position only to be pushed back to the other side of the 50 with no points. Orton also missed on tons of opportunities.

It sounds odd, but Denver might have actually played worse than Buffalo despite running out to a 24-3 lead. If not worse, then just barely better. If that's the type of game Denver plays at home in the playoffs, the only team that couldn't beat them is KC, who are terrible right now and have been for several weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes