PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greenway,Wimbly,Carpenter, Lawson

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Would you be satisfied with any of these at 21, recognizing that we might need to trade up a bit or down a bit depending on the draft plays out?

Is this a reasonable value grouping for 21, perhaps adding Tye Hill somewhere in the list?

mgteich said:
Would you be satisfied with any of these at 21, recognizing that we might need to trade up a bit or down a bit depending on the draft plays out?

Is this a reasonable value grouping for 21, perhaps adding Tye Hill somewhere in the list?
i love greenway and wimbely,and would trade up for either, but i would not trade up for carpenter or lawson.

Add Donte Whitner to that group and we can't go wrong.

mgteich said:

The more film I've seen on Wimbley, the more I like him. I'd be happy with him, Lawson or Marshall.

I agree with your analysis. However, if bb has them all at the same level, then we would trade up if it looked like they all might be gone at 21.

NE_PATS_FAN_54 said:
i love greenway and wimbely,and would trade up for either, but i would not trade up for carpenter or lawson.

I'd be disappointed if the Pats took Wimbley. He's a guy who didn't start until his senior year.

Yup, that's my list. Whitner seems like a notch below, to me.

Any of those four would be OK with me. Each has strengths and weaknesses, but all have produced on the field. With Vrabel we have flexibility depending on where BB slots them.

Someone mentioned Wimbly started for only one year, I seem to recall that BB said something vague about not enough tape in one of his pre-draft press conferences????

They are all intriguing, my preference is Carpenter. With Vrabel back outside.

Color me happy with any of those 4 guys @ 21. Lawson & Carpenter are my two favorites there. But I'm not sure I'd trade up much for any of them, there are other options for that position deeper in the draft that I would be very happy with as well, Anderson, Gocong and the like.

yes, i'd be happy with any of those four. Would also be happy with a cornerback or running back. I'd even be happy reaching for Kiwi at that spot. I'm still on the fence about taking a wide receiver in the first.

Any of those four are just fine with me - i like Lawson the best. If he fills out just a bit - we will be a faster Willie Mac.

Happy for any of the above, I also wouln't object to trading down and picking up Kiwanuka and a pick next year.

patsfan13 said:
Happy for any of the above, I also wouln't object to trading down and picking up Kiwanuka and a pick next year.

That move would not surprise me at all. Move back - gain draft choices - snare player that rates just as high anyway, perhaps Kiwanuka!

I'd be happy with any of Lawson, Greenway, Carpenter, Tye Hill, Wimbley AT #21. I only want to trade up for Huff, and we're not going to do that.

I would trade up anytime for Manny Lawson and only him. He has all we can dream about: Potential, production, attitude, measurables (not still perfect, but not that far).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3