PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great March FA by BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalemPats

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Great job by BB and staff so far. They really came through.

WR - Edelman, Lafell. Edelman is our WR1 and Lafell is a good young outside WR who has shown glimpses of being very good. He gets to play with a QB that can get him the ball consistently.

Secondary - Revis and Browner solidify the best secondary in the NFL. Losing talib hurts but we got the best cb in the game to play alongside a physical SS to go along with Dennard, Arrington, Ryan and McCourty (maybe A wilson as well, nit sure what BB plans for him).

re-signing/structuring Kelly and Houwmani....

We still got work to do, I would like to see us reconcile with Wilfork, perhaps add a depth D-Lineman. There are still some good players out there, but we'll have to get a good price for them. The draft this year will be important, hopefully we can get 1 or 2 impact players.

I like what BB has done.

How come everyone is pencilling in Browner as SS? Bill is all about using people in the positions they thrive at. Browner at SS negates every single advantage he has except his hard hits.

Edit: Also, we have the best secondary in the AFC, not NFL. Seahawks still have us beat, imo.

I agree that it has been a strong March for NE. That does not surprise me at all. They still have the draft coming.

Edit: Also, we have the best secondary in the AFC, not NFL. Seahawks still have us beat, imo.

This is likely true, the difference being we don't have the best in the business at QB. One that wins in spite of whatever defense the Pats field.

Wonder if we have many more moves coming anytime soon here... maybe we'll snatch Blount up at somepoint. D-line, and some LB depth maybe?

How come everyone is pencilling in Browner as SS? Bill is all about using people in the positions they thrive at. Browner at SS negates every single advantage he has except his hard hits.

I think as more people get to know Browner, there will be much less penciling him as a SS. Like you alluded to, his strengths as a CB seem to be his being able to jam and reroute anyone (but he needs to be lined up across from them).

The ones that do, do so (I'm assuming) because a) They have a high regard for Dennard as a #2, b) Browner is known for his hard hits/tackling and c) We have such a desperate need at SS at the moment.

Still, I expect Belichick WILL try him out at SS and he might play there a handful of games if the match-ups warrant it.

Well on paper looks like we fixed one of three glaring issues that needed to be addressed. This secondary will probably not allow a lot of third and long conversions as last year. Still need another legitimate red zone target other than Gronk, still got to find a reliable center that won't fold against the dominant D Lines and still need a few pieces on our D Line to stiffen the run D. Things are getting by the front office and the draft to look forward to as well, but Patriots still have work to do to put a complete team in September.

Great job by BB and staff so far. They really came through.

WR - Edelman, Lafell. Edelman is our WR1 and Lafell is a good young outside WR who has shown glimpses of being very good. He gets to play with a QB that can get him the ball consistently.

Secondary - Revis and Browner solidify the best secondary in the NFL. Losing talib hurts but we got the best cb in the game to play alongside a physical SS to go along with Dennard, Arrington, Ryan and McCourty (maybe A wilson as well, nit sure what BB plans for him).

re-signing/structuring Kelly and Houwmani....

We still got work to do, I would like to see us reconcile with Wilfork, perhaps add a depth D-Lineman. There are still some good players out there, but we'll have to get a good price for them. The draft this year will be important, hopefully we can get 1 or 2 impact players.

I like what BB has done.

Way to positive for this forum. I'll kick off the whine fest.

QB-Still haven't traded Mallet for #33
RB-Thin beyond a fumbler and oft-injured backup
WR-Plenty of Indians, but no Chief
TE-Gronk probably PUPed, Hoomanawanui for first 6 weeks. His names worth more on a scrabble board than it is as a pass catcher
OL-Who's playing Center, Danny Aiken?
DL-3rd worst yards-against in the run game. Doesn't look any better this month.
LB-Lost Spikes and Fletcher. Added nothing
DB-Who's starting opposite Revis the first 4 games, Inmate #03-00926?
ST-Check

This is the best Bill can do in 6 days? He better pull off a miracle tomorrow or I'm revoking his Living-God status.:)

Well on paper looks like we fixed one of three glaring issues that needed to be addressed. This secondary will probably not allow a lot of third and long conversions as last year. Still need another legitimate red zone target other than Gronk, still got to find a reliable center that won't fold against the dominant D Lines and still need a few pieces on our D Line to stiffen the run D. Things are getting by the front office and the draft to look forward to as well, but Patriots still have work to do to put a complete team in September.

This. With the secondary Bill has assembled, most teams would be insane to expect passing mainly to win them games, especially with TB12 on offense. Therefore, you better believe they are coming with the run. Also, we face Forte (is he still any good?), Lacy, Peterson, and others that I cannot name.

At this early stage of the process, I am fairly pleased with the moves New England has made. The FO has gone out and signed players the team needed in terms of skills and capabilities that were not previously on the roster.

I'm hopeful the next dominoes to fall include defensive line guys, linebacker depth and a good starter at the Center position.

Secondary - Revis and Browner solidify the best secondary in the NFL.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. This isn't fantasy football; time will tell how the pieces fit together. If we can have a secondary that is 80% of Seatle's, I'd say this was a huge coup.

I'm not as worried about the run defense. Remember, Kelly and Vince were down, and the Pats were basically DARING people to run at them by loading up on DB's. Hopefully they won't have to go dime nearly as often this year.

Patriots still have questions at safety, center , 2nd TE, and DT . And those are starters.

Patriots need another pass rusher, they need another tackle, and a couple of LBs.

I am fine with the receiving core sans TE.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. This isn't fantasy football; time will tell how the pieces fit together. If we can have a secondary that is 80% of Seatle's, I'd say this was a huge coup.

it's a huge coup either way. we have the best CB in the NFL(unless you think sherman is better) and added a Really solid #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes