PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great Brady read . on his past and future -- on to magical season

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Some great moments in this long, in-depth article about Brady's unlikely path to G.O.A.T.

Full of respect and generosity for others by Tom.
Pretty open-hearted on many questions at hand.
Sensing - like we do - a magical season..

Here a full article by O'Connor:
Tom Brady is conquering age. His next target: Michael Jordan

quotes:

Brady was asked if he'd at least concede what his Madden title stated -- that he has replaced Montana as the GOAT of quarterbacks.

"I don't agree with that," he said, "and I'll tell you why. I know myself as a player. I'm really a product of what I've been around, who I was coached by, what I played against, in the era I played in. I really believe if a lot of people were in my shoes they could accomplish the same kinds of things. So I've been very fortunate. ... I don't ever want to be the weak link."

_

"I'm still 100 percent invested in helping this team win. I never want to let my teammates down. My lifestyle choices got me to this point. ... Football is more than just what I do. It consumes me."

"The great part is the next one for me is No. 6," Brady said, "and I'm not on No. 1. I'm trying to reach No. 6 and I'm on No. 5. If I got to No. 6, that would have great meaning to me. It's not trying to keep up with my idols. It's not Magic, Jeter, Mariano [Rivera], Kobe, Duncan, guys more my age who I always admired. I just want to win because I owe it to my teammates. I'm working this year like I have none, and hopefully it results in a magical season."

_

"I always said my mid-40s," Brady said of the prospect of retirement, "and naturally that means around 45. If I get there and I still feel like I do today, I don't see why I wouldn't want to continue."

Continue until 46, 47, 48, who knows? Brady brought up his wife, Gisele Bundchen. You know her as a supermodel, and maybe as the woman who once wanted to deck that taunting New York Giants fan who advised her that Eli Manning owned her husband.

"My wife says lots of things sometimes," Brady continued through the faint trace of a chuckle. "She makes decisions for our family that I've got to deal with. Hopefully she never says, 'Look, this has to be it.' ... My wife and my kids, it's a big investment of their time and energy, too."

But Gisele has signed off on his mid-40s, right?

"She wants me to do that, too," Brady confirmed. "She also wants me to take good care of myself and still have my energy. My kids have grown up faster than I thought."

Last edited:
"The great part is the next one for me is No. 6," Brady said, "and I'm not on No. 1. I'm trying to reach No. 6 and I'm on No. 5. If I got to No. 6, that would have great meaning to me. It's not trying to keep up with my idols. It's not Magic, Jeter, Mariano [Rivera], Kobe, Duncan, guys more my age who I always admired. I just want to win because I owe it to my teammates. I'm working this year like I have none, and hopefully it results in a magical season."

Look how he just rattles off a list of everyone who (I think) has 5 rings. He knows all those guys. Number 6 is absolutely meaningful to him.

Look how he just rattles off a list of everyone who (I think) has 5 rings. He knows all those guys. Number 6 is absolutely meaningful to him.
Yeah.
Six Rings for a Sixth Rounder. Not bad, eh?

As a public service, please allow me to point out that this scumbag (Ian O'Connor) wrote some of the more damning articles about BS-gate, including quotes such as this one: "Yeah, Brady was "generally aware" of these activities like he's generally aware he's married to a Brazilian supermodel, or like he's generally aware he's tied with his idol, Joe Montana, with four Super Bowl rings."

Please don't give this d-bag a click even if it's the greatest pro-Brady article ever written (don't know, don't care). His true colours are "whichever way the wind blows".

TB12 shouldn't be targeting Jordan's 6 rings as much as targeting Bill Russell's 11 rings. We need a 7-pete. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes