PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell: New tape would mean more punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
FootballFanetic has given up commenting here. My bet is that he still lurks here from time to time.

You can bet the house that he's sitting home & hoping with everything he's got that Matt Walsh has something (which is stupid, idiotic, childish & vengeful) so he can come back here and watch the aftermath.

Well, he can huff & puff with all he has cause nothin's gonna happen.:D

I wish I shared your confidence. I feel that Walsh will come up with some unrelated and unsubstantiated BS about radio frequencies, etc. and Goodell will be compelled to open another investigation.

I wish I shared your confidence. I feel that Walsh will come up with some unrelated and unsubstantiated BS about radio frequencies, etc. and Goodell will be compelled to open another investigation.

I don't think he'll open an investigation on that just because Walsh said so. He'd be forced to investigate it on a league-wide level.

Do you actually believe that whatever Walsh says, Goodell will investigate it? I think that is a ridiculous assumption.

I hope I am wrong but its my feeling that Goodell for whatever reason will investigate what ever Walsh says the Pats did wrong even if it is unsubstantiated and unrelated to the taping. We will see what happens next week.

I don't think he'll open an investigation on that just because Walsh said so. He'd be forced to investigate it on a league-wide level.

Do you actually believe that whatever Walsh says, Goodell will investigate it? I think that is a ridiculous assumption.

As has been noted before, remember that there is evidence that strongly suggests that the Patriots could not have taped the walkthrough, even if they had wanted to. So, at a minimum, Walsh would need to provide evidence at least strong enough to warrant reinvestigation.

Second, back in September/October, even Mr. "I'll Spread Any Rumor" Florio was saying that some of the #)%#% the Patriots were being accused of was absurd.

Third, remember what all the legal wrangling was about? Walsh wants protection in case he says things that aren't true, something that no one else felt the need to ask for. Why does he need that protection again?

I nominate Blizzzard as the Pats Fan of Spring '08! :D

Great work!!

Thank you, Thank you.

If elected, I promise to work hard and lobby for lower ticket prices, and those little plastic screens with bullseyes on them in every urinal! :eat2:

I hope I am wrong but its my feeling that Goodell for whatever reason will investigate what ever Walsh says the Pats did wrong even if it is unsubstantiated and unrelated to the taping. We will see what happens next week.

Isn't today the day Walsh has to turn over the material he has? I believe that is the deal, May 6 he hands over what he has in preparation for the May 13th talk. Given how quickly the Jets tape was leaked, if there is any material, we may learn of it before Goodell actually meets with Walsh.

Of course, I'm doubting there's nothing new that Walsh has to offer, so hopefully it'll be a quiet week until they meet.

EDIT: I remember reading this somewhere...but can't find any evidence of it now...odd.

Last edited:
I am not worried about what he produces but what stories he comes up with.

I am not worried about what he produces but what stories he comes up with.

Why do you believe a vengeful former employee's statement is good enough to lead to investigation? Let's remember, as bad as Goodell has been, he's not going to do that to satisfy all the haters out there.

Did you not listen to his interview with Dan Patrick last week? When asked why he didn't keep the tapes, he said "Because I didn't see a need for that" Patrick asked him the same question from a different angle and he said "nope, I don't see a need for that".

Last edited:
There are different theories on what was on the tapes that were destroyed including one in which there was evidence that the pats had collected of other teams taping the Pats. If this was the case, Goodell was protecting the other teams by their destruction.
The other point and I could be mistaken is that Aiello from the league office stated that the league was aware of rumors of the Pats taping the walkthrough and they were not found to be credible. Some heat is brought and Goodell is now interviewing him as if he is a credible witness even though he has produced nothing.
I hope I am wrong, but i believe that just like before, Walsh will make accusations without proof, Goodell will feel pressure and cave and the next investigation will start.

Isn't today the day Walsh has to turn over the material he has? I believe that is the deal, May 6 he hands over what he has in preparation for the May 13th talk. Given how quickly the Jets tape was leaked, if there is any material, we may learn of it before Goodell actually meets with Walsh.

Of course, I'm doubting there's nothing new that Walsh has to offer, so hopefully it'll be a quiet week until they meet.

Actually by May 8, which I missed. That would partially explain Goodell saying he will meet with the press right after meeting with Walsh. He will have reviewed "the evidence."

I wonder if Walsh is going to send recordings of private conversations and what are on those recordings.

Goodell could know that Walsh has things to say but has no proof. He knew that earlier and that is why Goodell made his play for a lesser standard of evidence in handing out punishment next year.

Last edited:
Actually by May 8, which I missed. That would partially explain Goodell saying he will meet with the press right after meeting with Walsh. He will have reviewed "the evidence."

I wonder if Goodell knows Walsh has things to say but no proof. He knew that earlier and that is why Goodell made his play for a lesser standard of evidence in handing out punishment next year.

I also wonder if Walsh is going to send recordings of private conversations and what are on those recordings.

He and his people will have 5 days to decide whether it is a smoking gun. If it is not, Walsh's meeting is going to be a short one.

Goodell could know that Walsh has things to say but has no proof. He knew that earlier and that is why Goodell made his play for a lesser standard of evidence in handing out punishment next year.

Yes, but in no rational universe does an accusation in and of itself constitute a "preponderance of the evidence."

Keep in mind this Goodell's universe where he makes the decisions without appeal. I hope that all of you who believe Goodell is fair are right, otherwise the Pats will be punished regardless of the proof.

Keep in mind this Goodell's universe where he makes the decisions without appeal. I hope that all of you who believe Goodell is fair are right, otherwise the Pats will be punished regardless of the proof.

Isn't that somewhat a conflict of interest? I mean, Goodell was the one who heard Pacman's appeal last year. It's not like Goodell is going to go "Yeah, I was wrong to suspend you all year, please come back." Because that would make him look weak and like he can't make up his mind about things.

I am saying we should have someone to appeal to if we find Goodell's ruling to be inappropriate to the crime.

I hope that Goodell won't make a final decision to make Senator Specter happy.

I hope that Goodell won't make a final decision to make Senator Specter happy.

Well, unfortunately, Goodell is in a no-win situation--after all, it was the Krafts who were largely responsible for the current CBA, and an angry Robert Kraft is not in the league's, or Goodell's, best interests.

There are different theories on what was on the tapes that were destroyed including one in which there was evidence that the pats had collected of other teams taping the Pats.
Yeah, theories by the people who brought us the Elvis-is-alive and Kennedy-was-assassinated-by-the-CIA and Aliens-live-among-us theories.

You know. Crackpots who make stuff up in their mom's basement.

Just accept the fact that the Pats taped from the friggin' sidelines. It is the truth. They were punished harshly, but stop trying to pretend the tapes were destroyed because they exhonerated the Pats.

The Pats broke the rules. They were punished. If they broke other rules, further punishment will follow. If they didn't break other rules, there will be no further punishment.

An accusation isn't going to do it without supporting evidence.

Last edited:
well...they WERE punished...by a lifelong NY Jet fan from a Long Island High School who with his friends growing up, went to Jets games and went beserk with the Patriot hatred...and who later on, when it came time to make his mark in the world, hired on with the New York Jets as his ANCHOR in the climb up the ladder.

I don't think there's ANYTHING wrong with questioning this clown's motives...his OWN ex-employer, the Jets, had TWO FREAKING CAMERAS illegally placed at Foxboro the season before last and THAT meant NOTHING to this obvious closet league agent for his beloved New York Jets.

Why ANY Patriots fan would EVER again take ANYTHING this pile of crud has to say about ANYBODY or ANYTHING related to the New England Football Patriots is beyond me. Seriously.

Yeah, theories by the people who brought us the Elvis-is-alive and Kennedy-was-assassinated-by-the-CIA and Aliens-live-among-us theories.

You know. Crackpots who make stuff up in their mom's basement.

Just accept the fact that the Pats taped from the friggin' sidelines. It is the truth. They were punished harshly, but stop trying to pretend the tapes were destroyed because they exhonerated the Pats.

The Pats broke the rules. They were punished. If they broke other rules, further punishment will follow. If they didn't break other rules, there will be no further punishment.

An accusation isn't going to do it without supporting evidence.

just as an FYI, there are quite a few who believe the tapes contained evidence of other teams taping signals. This is not difficult to believe especially considering the fact the tapes were of the other team's sidelines.

So don't just brush this off as some conspriracy theory. Hell, if they did contain evidence of other teams taping signals, wouldn't that explain Goodell's destruction of the tapes? We all know he didn't destroy them because they contained evidence the Patriots were video-taping signals, don't we now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST